What the TEA Parties Want...

Eliminiate???? Federal Government Programs????:eek:

OMG Every Single One is Vital to Preserving the Home of The Brave!!:eek:

To balance the Federal budget, I'd suggest simply spending less than the Feds bring in.

I know, pretty wild and crazy.

We're talking about more than one program. They are talking about nearly half the government. What 40% of the government should they eliminate?

Actually, if you follow the Tea Party people, they want to cut taxes too, which means cutting even more than 40% to balance the budget.

See, reality intrudes into ideals. Ask people specifically what they want to eliminate, and most don't want to eliminate programs they either believe in or benefit from.

Its quite disheartening, actually, because the road we are on is untenable.

Untenable is as Untenable does.

Obviously there's More Than One program that is not Vital to the Operation of the Federal Government.

I'm not going to defend their feelings of being overburdened with taxation. Frankly, I don't see this as the primary issue. However, I do agree with shrinking the size of the Federal Government. I'm guessing that with a 40% goal, then 10% would be "Tenable."

Now, of course, everyone wants to know: Where will the government shrink? And, or course, we know why the answer to this question is so important: So Major Defensive Efforts can be prepared around these selected points of attack, and not be wasted on defending everything else.

Do we not elect congressional representatives to wisely spend public monies?

Lets just trust them AFTER they've been given some sort of guideline (where currently none exists):

The Annual Federal Budget = US population X Average US Income X 10%

All seem perfectly reasonable to me.

Contract FROM America

1 Protect the Constitution

2 Reject Cap & Trade

3 Demand a Balanced Budget

4 Enact Fundamental Tax Reform

5 Restore Fiscal Responsibility & Constitutionally Limited Government in Washington

6 End Runaway Government Spending

7 Defund, Repeal & Replace Government-run Health Care

8 Pass an 'All of the Above' Energy Policy

9 Stop the Pork

10 Stop the Tax Hikes

And because of this they are made fun of by the likes of......

Rachel Maddow and Keith Olbermann of MSNBC when they call the people in the Tea Party as.....

Tea Baggers.....

Ed Shultz of MSNBC.....when he calls them...

Psychos

Or the best, Chris Matthews also of MSNBC...

The Tea Party is filled with White People and going on to suggest that they are racists.

Nice going MSNBC.... really going out of your way to bring people together.How about trying to report the facts and not go out of your way to protect the man you helped get elected.:eusa_angel:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/113881-the-gop-and-racism-a-one-way-street.html

Substitute Conservative for GOP.

This wasn't directed to me, but if I may. . . .

The national defense is constitutionally mandated, but it could be pared back to its constitutional intent by eliminating the graft and corruption inherent in contracts and other favors that Congress directs to favored constituents. A Congress interested in returning to constitutional roots would begin the process to do that.

Social programs should not be the prerogative of the Federal government as there is no Constitutional authority for them. A Congress interested in returning to constitutional roots would recognize that you can't just dump the programs without creating unconscionable hardship on people those programs have made dependent. But we could start the slow process of phasing out those we don't have to have and transferring the rest to the states where they properly belong. We don't have to just allow them to continue to grow and fester in their current unsustainable state.

Once you remove the Federal government's ability to buy votes by dispensing favored status or gifts to anybody, you would be surprised how much less money it would require to run the Federal government at all levels.

I think that is a very fair answer.

However, I do not believe it is politically possible. As the NY Times poll Willow posted, Tea Party people tend to support social security and medicare. That seems at odds with getting the government out of people's lives, given that both are nearly half of all federal government spending.

When I see Tea Party people protesting with signs that say "Cut MY social security" and "Cut MY medicare" and "Cut MY son's VA benefits" and "Cut MY children's school budget" and so on, then I will believe it is a serious movement.

How's this

Cut out medicare and medicaid
Let persons already participating opt out of SS to retirement invest on their own
Allow no new persons into SS
Cut out the federal department of education and anything else on the federal level for education

But on VA benefits and other such employment benefits to soldiers who are indeed federal employees, I would not support that

I am not a member of the Tea Party... but I agree with a good amount of the ideas supported by them... though I find to many mixed messages coming from many of the supporters/members

Or how about we keep medicare and medicaid, bring all our troops home from around the world, and cut the military budget in half?

I agree with the closing our bases around the world thing, carb...I've been saying that for the past 3-4 years or so. Finally some people are starting to see my point haha.

You say it long enough and people will catch on!

However, I do not believe it is politically possible. As the NY Times poll Willow posted, Tea Party people tend to support social security and medicare. That seems at odds with getting the government out of people's lives, given that both are nearly half of all federal government spending.

When I see Tea Party people protesting with signs that say "Cut MY social security" and "Cut MY medicare" and "Cut MY son's VA benefits" and "Cut MY children's school budget" and so on, then I will believe it is a serious movement.

How's this

Let persons already participating opt out of SS to retirement invest on their own
Cut out the federal department of education and anything else on the federal level for education

But on VA benefits and other such employment benefits to soldiers who are indeed federal employees, I would not support that

I am not a member of the Tea Party... but I agree with a good amount of the ideas supported by them... though I find to many mixed messages coming from many of the supporters/members

Or how about we keep medicare and medicaid, bring all our troops home from around the world, and cut the military budget in half?

I don't care HOW it is accomplished, just fucking accomplish SOMETHING.

No, DD, you are not empowered to reinterpret the Constitution. Only SCOTUS can interpret it legally, not the President not the Congress. That is what had Jefferson to Bush and many congresses so hot over the years.

But you notice both Congress and Bush obeyed SCOTUS on its rulings concerning tribunals.

Once again, DD, you don't reinterpret the Constitution. But that's only my opinion. :lol:

Show in the constitution, which is pretty easy to understand, where the SC is granted that power... we'll be waiting

You don't get to intepret, once again. You can have your wrong opinion all you want.

Again... pretty easy to show where in the constitution that the power is granted.... it would have words that would be synonyms of interpret or reinterpret.... the constitution is very specific in what powers it gives to the government

No, DD, you are not empowered to reinterpret the Constitution. Only SCOTUS can interpret it legally, not the President not the Congress. That is what had Jefferson to Bush and many congresses so hot over the years.

But you notice both Congress and Bush obeyed SCOTUS on its rulings concerning tribunals.

Once again, DD, you don't reinterpret the Constitution. But that's only my opinion. :lol:

Show in the constitution, which is pretty easy to understand, where the SC is granted that power... we'll be waiting

Supreme Court of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And I quoted specifically to the constitution and the powers granted within.... not what wiki writes.... I can post the portions of the constitution, again, that pertain to the judiciary, if you had a problem reading that last time

But since you are not a legal scholar, or a judge district, state, or federal, then you are merely expressing your opinion. I respect that.

How's this

How about we eliminate entitlement welfare, which the government is not charged to do by the very constitution that gives the government its powers... stop foreign aid... including foreign military aid/gifts,,, and stop paying military contractors who do not deliver what they promised or on time??

But since you are not a legal scholar, or a judge district, state, or federal, then you are merely expressing your opinion. I respect that.

It is not an opinion... it should be very easy to show where in the constitution it mentions anything even remotely CLOSE to that power

The government does not have the power to simply create those powers without constitutional amendment... and that, you winger motherfucker, is absolute fact... no matter how many times the government has grabbed more power, it never had the authority to do so via our constitution

Supreme Court of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And I quoted specifically to the constitution and the powers granted within.... not what wiki writes.... I can post the portions of the constitution, again, that pertain to the judiciary, if you had a problem reading that last time

The founders were alive when this all went down fella

The founders were alive when this all went down fella

Ummm again... simple request lies matter,,, show where the power is granted in the constitution.. which is what gives the federal government it's powers

Contract FROM America

2 Reject Cap & Trade

5 Restore Fiscal Responsibility & Constitutionally Limited Government in Washington

9 Stop the Pork

10 Stop the Tax Hikes

Now all that stuff is racist and homophobic.

Better knock it off!!!

Contract FROM America

2 Reject Cap & Trade

9 Stop the Pork

10 Stop the Tax Hikes

Better knock it off!!!

Yep, I know. And... I wrote it myself (despite the fact that I provided a link). Therefore, I speak on behalf of the TEA Parties (only I don't). :lol::lol::lol::lol: And the left wonder why we don't take them seriously. I don't take them seriously because they are dumb.

Contract FROM America

2 Reject Cap & Trade

9 Stop the Pork

10 Stop the Tax Hikes

Better knock it off!!!

Yep, I know. And... I wrote it myself (despite the fact that I provided a link). Therefore, I speak on behalf of the TEA Parties (only I don't). :lol::lol::lol::lol: And the left wonder why we don't take them seriously. I don't take them seriously because they are dumb.

No...we're dumb, and racist, and homophobic, just because we don't like Obama's screwed up abusive policies.

It is not an opinion... it should be very easy to show where in the constitution it mentions anything even remotely CLOSE to that power

The government does not have the power to simply create those powers without constitutional amendment... and that, you winger motherfucker, is absolute fact... no matter how many times the government has grabbed more power, it never had the authority to do so via our constitution

Getting angry, son, changes not that it is only your opinion, Dave.

Getting angry, son, changes not that it is only your opinion, Dave.

again, moron.. if there is anything even remotely resembling those powers you say the SC has, it should be easy for you to point it out in the Constitution... it is not written in Sanskrit.... it is pretty easy to understand English... All I am asking is for you to simply point it out....

That is unless you are willing to admit that the SC, like most of our federal government, has overreached it's constitutional powers granted specifically in the constitution

What I have stated is absolute fact... the powers of the government are listed SPECIFICALLY in the constitution... any additional powers must indeed be had thru the constitutional amendment process (as laid out within the constitution itlsef)

Put up or shut up, jokey

No, Dave, you have pointed out nothing. You are not a constitutional scholar, only a crank with an opinion. Move along, son.

No, Dave, you have pointed out nothing. You are not a constitutional scholar, only a crank with an opinion. Move along, son.

You want me to post the actual text empowering the judicial branch within the constitution again???

Again, jokey... simply point out the part where there is anything even CLOSE to what you claim is empowered to the SC for reinterpretation or constitutionality in law or court cases??

It's plain English, you ignorant motherfucker.... just simply show where it is stated ANYWHERE in the constitution... or do you have the assertion that the constitution is now what legally gives the government its powers

Forum List

Back