What the heck was that?

Againsheila

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2008
Federal Way WA
Just heard two loud booms. I haven't heard those since I was a kid. I thought the super sonic transports were illegal in this country. Must be military. Something going on nobody told me about????

Just heard two loud booms. I haven't heard those since I was a kid. I thought the super sonic transports were illegal in this country. Must be military. Something going on nobody told me about????

I didn't hear it.

Gee, no kidding? Wonder why? :lol:

My son was asking me what they were and when I told him he ran outside to see the planes. I said "You're not going to see them, they are flying faster than the speed of sound!" My 26 year old son came back in....:lol: yeah, he's high functioning autism. Still on the Dean's list at DeVry and really intelligent, just no common sense.

I didn't hear it.

My son was asking me what they were and when I told him he ran outside to see the planes. I said "You're not going to see them, they are flying faster than the speed of sound!" My 26 year old son came back in....:lol: yeah, he's high functioning autism. Still on the Dean's list at DeVry and really intelligent, just no common sense.

If there were two chances are they were fighter jets. I used to live in a place where they trained - they'd buzz our houses and go up the canyon, it was always freaky.

I didn't hear it.

If there were two chances are they were fighter jets. I used to live in a place where they trained - they'd buzz our houses and go up the canyon, it was always freaky.

I'm sure they're military, we live close to McChord Air Force Base. Still that's the first time I've heard one of those in years.

Sorry about that, I'll try not to fly so close next time. :lol:

Show off!

k0w3m.jpg

Must be Military, When I was living in California last year we lived about 20 minutes away from the San Diego Navy Base, so they had practices off the coast and not mention USMC RD Camp Pendleton so we heard both Jets and Cobras flying whenever they were practicing.

Pretty cool if you ask me.

Unless you live near one of the High Altitude Supersonic Corridors , either something unusual happened, or it's unlikely that what you heard was a sonic boom.

Look what I found:

"The North American Aerospace Defense Command says military fighter jets were scambled to respond to an air-space violation near Air Force One in Seattle.

Spokesman John Cornelio says the F15 jets were sent from Portland, Ore., as the president was visiting Seattle after a report that an aircraft violated the restricted airspace. He says the aircraft left the restricted area before the Air National Guard jets arrived, and there was no intercept.

KING 5 News was flooded with calls and e-mails from people who heard and felt the explosions. Many people reported that their homes shook."

Sonic booms rock Puget Sound-area | KING5.com | Seattle Area Local News

Look what I found:

"The North American Aerospace Defense Command says military fighter jets were scambled to respond to an air-space violation near Air Force One in Seattle.

Spokesman John Cornelio says the F15 jets were sent from Portland, Ore., as the president was visiting Seattle after a report that an aircraft violated the restricted airspace. He says the aircraft left the restricted area before the Air National Guard jets arrived, and there was no intercept.

KING 5 News was flooded with calls and e-mails from people who heard and felt the explosions. Many people reported that their homes shook."

Ha! Conhog, I told you I know a sonic boom when I hear one. :lol:

Unless you live near one of the High Altitude Supersonic Corridors , either something unusual happened, or it's unlikely that what you heard was a sonic boom.

I'm an Air Force brat. Trust me, I know a sonic boom when I hear one.

Are you around Seattle? If so the answer is a private plane entered the 10 mile circle around AFOne and 2 F15s were scrambled and they went supersonic to get there.

Look what I found:

Ha! Conhog, I told you I know a sonic boom when I hear one. :lol:

LOL I just seen that on FoxNews and asked you if you were near Seattle. I didn't say you didn't know I said IF it was a sonic bomb something unusual happened ,a nd indeed it did.

Forum List

Back