What the founding fathers didn’t know.

Cant argue with Barton's sources so you just go after him. Not surprising. Quite typical for you.

Why you needed to resurrect this thread is the only puzzling thing here.

WHAT THE FOUNDING FATHERS DIDN’T KNOW.

When the founding fathers wrote the constitution in 1776 the did not know that in 2011 we would be living in a whole new world with different set of problems. A population explosion plus 20 million illegal aliens. A welfare system to take care of our elderly, poor and disabled since we no longer take care of our own and chickens and corn do not pay the bills. We did not pay foreign countries to be our friends.

The constitution of the 1700s cannot deal with the problem we have today. The constitution is like the old covenant that GOD had with the Jews that become obsolete because a new covenant was needed. We need a new constitution to deal with a new set of problems.

The reason we have so many problems today be because we try to apply the 1776 constitution to today’s problems and it don’t work. There are most who are stuck in 1776 and want us all stuck with them and stand in the way of progress.

The constitution was written by a group of old white men for white men and not even white women and blacks were not even considered.

The Constitution was completed in 1787, the Bill of Rights in 1791, not 1776.

This is among your more ignorant and idiotic posting, which is saying something.

It’s also remarkable how the radical right seems to have no idea the Supreme Court exists at all.

I was wondering when someone would point that out to her.

That being said, I agree that the document written in 1787 isn't built for the America of 2012.

When the founding fathers wrote the constitution in 1776 the did not know that in 2011 we would be living in a whole new world with different set of problems. A population explosion plus 20 million illegal aliens. A welfare system to take care of our elderly, poor and disabled since we no longer take care of our own and chickens and corn do not pay the bills. We did not pay foreign countries to be our friends.

The constitution of the 1700s cannot deal with the problem we have today. The constitution is like the old covenant that GOD had with the Jews that become obsolete because a new covenant was needed. We need a new constitution to deal with a new set of problems.

The reason we have so many problems today be because we try to apply the 1776 constitution to today’s problems and it don’t work. There are most who are stuck in 1776 and want us all stuck with them and stand in the way of progress.

The constitution was written by a group of old white men for white men and not even white women and blacks were not even considered.

The Constitution was completed in 1787, the Bill of Rights in 1791, not 1776.

This is among your more ignorant and idiotic posting, which is saying something.

It’s also remarkable how the radical right seems to have no idea the Supreme Court exists at all.

I was wondering when someone would point that out to her.

That being said, I agree that the document written in 1787 isn't built for the America of 2012.

Again, why? Human nature hasnt changed.

When the founding fathers rote the constitution in 1776 the did not know that in 2011 we would be living in a whole new world with different set of problems. A population explosion plus 20 million illegal aliens. A welfare system to take care of our elderly, poor and disabled since we no longer take care of our own and chickens and corn do not pay the bills. We did not pay foreign countries to be our friends.

unborn children weren't considered either. Of course they thought that barbarism was a thing of the past.

Poontanging their slaves just added to their wealth.

Dishonest politicians just find new ways to commit their deviltry. Same then as it is now.

They never expected a dishonest public awash in greed and fantasies of entitlement.

again never asians plus ur right lets get rid of those rights, that whole freedom of speech got rid of that, lets get rid of that due process crap too. Libs are just silly I hate RIGHTS lets get rid of them.

What the Founding Fathers did know......
-that people would be dealing with a whole knew set of problems in 2011. The Covenant did not have an amendment system that's been working successfully for over 200 years now. The Constitution has been amended for the purpose of benefiting women and blacks. And politics nowadays are way to divided and partisan to agree on a new constitution. I mean we can't even raise the debt ceiling because Republicans are will not compromise. And by the way, it was drafted in 1787..

Perhaps some of our problems are the way Congress convenes for just hours a week, bills are not debated on the floor but amendments are tacked onto other bills, leaders have the advantage of stopping legislation from coming to the floor, Senators and Representatives are not expected to be on the floor for debates, they can be in their offices watching football games or on the golf course, and the list of abuses go on.

The constitution of the 1700s cannot deal with the problem we have today.

Bullshit. Read Democracy in America by Alexis de Tocqueville, written in 1832. It is still so prescient I have actually created an Alexis de Tocqueville username on other forums and posted as him using nothing but verbatim text from his book as my posts applied to modern day problems. I have even frequently posted quotes from his book right here on this forum as they apply to today's problems.

The constitution is like the old covenant that GOD had with the Jews that become obsolete because a new covenant was needed.

That covenant lasted for thousands of years. And the Jews would slap you down for saying the covenant is obsolete. It is still in effect for them, 5000 years later.

I suppose you are going to say the New Testament is obsolete for Christians since it is ten times older than the Constitution, eh? Jesus didn't know about the new sins we would face today, amiright?

There's nothing new under the sun.

Last edited:
The reason we have so many problems today be because we try to apply the 1776 constitution to today’s problems and it don’t work.
Wrong, The reason we have so many problems today be because we ignore the constitution,

The constitution of the 1700s cannot deal with the problem we have today.

Bullshit. Read Democracy in America by Alexis de Tocqueville, written in 1832. It is still so prescient I have actually created an Alexis de Tocqueville username on other forums and posted as him using nothing but verbatim text from his book as my posts applied to modern day problems. I have even frequently posted quotes from his book right here on this forum as they apply to today's problems.

The constitution is like the old covenant that GOD had with the Jews that become obsolete because a new covenant was needed.

That covenant lasted for thousands of years. And the Jews would slap you down for saying the covenant is obsolete. It is still in effect for them, 5000 years later.

I suppose you are going to say the New Testament is obsolete for Christians since it is ten times older than the Constitution, eh? Jesus didn't know about the new sins we would face today, amiright?

There's nothing new under the sun.

I would also point out that the Old Testament covenant wasnt obsolete for Christians. The Old Testament covenant is a national covenant. The New Testament covenants cover individual covenants.

The Founders, in particularly invoked the rights of the national covenant in establishing our nation. They sought forgiveness of their sins and sought the Lord's blessing and the covenant He established with Israel, that He would be their God and they would be His people.

The reason we have so many problems today be because we try to apply the 1776 constitution to today’s problems and it don’t work.
Wrong, The reason we have so many problems today be because we ignore the constitution,

The REASON we have so many problems today is because we allow idiots like LOLady vote.

I disagree. I think the reaosn we have so many problems today is we ignore God and have rebelled against His precepts and teachings. If we seek forgiveness of sins and follow Him, many of our problems will be fixed.

The REASON we have so many problems today is because we allow idiots like LOLady vote.

I thought it was because we allowed idiots like LilOlBitch to proliferate.

Actually the Constitution is an amazing document that actually does relate to us today, in most cases. The fact that they left open the ability to amend the Constitution goes to show how much thought they put into it. They realized things would not always be the same, so they kept most of it to deal with guaranteed liberties, although even those have changed over time through legislation and amendments. We do not need a new Constitution.

Forum List

Back