What should happen to kids of illegal aliens being deported?

They will go as a family. Trump doesn't want to break up families

-Geaux

You can't deport an American citizen.
The parents would be the ones deported. The children would simply be going along for the ride since the parents have legal custody. If the parents can find someone legally in the states to transfer legal custody of the children, the children could stay.

So the choice is either the American citizen gets booted out of his own country to stay with his family or he gets left with someone else.

Why not just give them a fucking green card so they can stay and work. Wouldn't that be a hell of a lot simpler?
It's a hell of a lot simpler if you want to give an incentive to millions to come here illegally and have anchor babies so they can stay. Sometimes you have to look at the big picture.

Or how about disincentivising illegal crossings by fixing our clusterfuck of an immigration system?

-Geaux

Thee would be taking their child willingly. Waiting until the child is old enough to come here legally, allows the parents to sign up and come over legally, too.

The child isn't leaving willingly because the parents are being forced to leave and they have to go with them.

Yep, and it's the same way when parents decide to move to another city or state. The kids have no choice whether they like it or not.

Another city or state is still part of the U.S.A, isn't it? It's not a third world shit hole. So how is it the same?

-Geaux

Thee would be taking their child willingly. Waiting until the child is old enough to come here legally, allows the parents to sign up and come over legally, too.

The child isn't leaving willingly because the parents are being forced to leave and they have to go with them.

Yep, and it's the same way when parents decide to move to another city or state. The kids have no choice whether they like it or not.

Another city or state is still part of the U.S.A, isn't it? It's not a third world shit hole.
I've seen many who want to deport cubans/haitians/venezuelans/etc..

It's a pretty common scenario today. Illegal alien parents who produced kids in the U.S., get busted and deported. What happens to their U.S. citizen kids? Especially young kids, barely past toddler stage?

An adult man crosses the border illegally, and lives here. He marries someone, say another illegal alien. They have kids here. The kids are U.S. citizens under the current interpretation of the 14th amendment, since they were born on U.S. soil.

Then the man (and maybe his wife) get busted by ICE, proven to be illegal aliens (which they in fact are), and get listed for deportation.

What happens to the kids?

The kids are U.S. citizens, no doubt about it. ICE has no grounds whatever for deporting them. But the parents are unquestionably illegal aliens, and the law is clear, the parents must be deported. Must the family be broken up? Who says so?

I've hear some people protest that it's inhuman for ICE to separate the kids (who are, say, 3 and 4 years old by now) from their parents. But is it ICE who is actually doing that?

This man knew before he ever came here, that he was breaking U.S. law, and was subject to deportation if caught. And his wife, if she is also an illegal alien, knew the same about herself. And when they were making kids here on U.S. soil and delivering them, they knew the same was still true.

It's not ICE who is planning to split up this family. It is the man and his wife, knowing that he and she might be booted out at any time for breaking U.S. immigration law, and that any kids they produced while living illegally in America, would be citizens NOT subject to deporation. They knew all these things going in. And one must assume they planned for them. (If they didn't plan, whose fault is that?)

So, what did this man and his wife plan would happen to their U.S. kids if and when they (the parents) got busted and deported? What plans did they make about what should happen to their kids? The kids are 3 and 4 years old now. They are considered U.S. citizens and have the legal right to stay in this country. Of course, they can't stay alone in the house their parents were just deported out of, if there are no other responsible adults around - the kids are just 3 and 4 years old. Of course, the kids also have the legal right to go with their parents back to the parents' home country.

The parents knew going in, that their own deportation was possible and legal... and even just. WHAT DID THEY PLAN FOR THEIR KIDS if that were to happen to them?

Did they plan that those kids would come back to the parents' home country with them? Or did they plan that the kids would stay with other (legal) family, however distantly related, in the U.S.? Or...? What DID these parents plan, for the time when the parents got busted?

Where does anyone get the idea that the government is responsible for the kids?

The parents are responsible for their kids. What have they planned?
The best solution is to make an adjustment to the 14th so that children born of parents that are here in violation of US law, shall NOT be considered citizens but can gain only registered alien status. And ONLY after leaving the US for a minimum of FIVE years.

-Geaux

The parents will choose to break up the family. Put the children in an orphanage.

And I'll ask you the same question. Is that the Christian thing to do? Advocate ripping children from their families and making them wards of the state while you people sit in church on Sundays thinking how righteous you are praying to your god?
Let the parents keep custody and the kids go home with the right of return at age 18, or find legal residents who will take custody.

Or play the Lib's game, and they go to DCS.

-Geaux

The parents will choose to break up the family. Put the children in an orphanage.

And I'll ask you the same question. Is that the Christian thing to do? Advocate ripping children from their families and making them wards of the state while you people sit in church on Sundays thinking how righteous you are praying to your god?
It's the sane thing to do. In your mind Christians should die if it makes a non Christian feel good. The archangels are warriors.

-Geaux

The parents would be the ones deported. The children would simply be going along for the ride since the parents have legal custody. If the parents can find someone legally in the states to transfer legal custody of the children, the children could stay.

So the choice is either the American citizen gets booted out of his own country to stay with his family or he gets left with someone else.

Why not just give them a fucking green card so they can stay and work. Wouldn't that be a hell of a lot simpler?
It's a hell of a lot simpler if you want to give an incentive to millions to come here illegally and have anchor babies so they can stay. Sometimes you have to look at the big picture.

Or how about disincentivising illegal crossings by fixing our clusterfuck of an immigration system?
What would you suggest to do to fix it that would be enforced. If our current system had been enforced consistently the last 30 years, it wouldn't be a cluster fuck.

Don't deport illegals, give them a path to citizenship. Unless you pro lifers want to see children go back to bad countries for them.

Where they go is not our problem nor should be. Parents make bad decisions all the time that children must suffer for. We don't reward bank robbers for robbing banks. We don't reward rapists for raping women. Why should we reward couples who come here illegally and have children?
What kind of logic are you following? Are you only ranting about the stereotypical mexican immigrants?

No, all illegals.

Granting them amnesty is a reward for breaking our laws. Why should we do that? What other country do you know of rewards foreign law breakers?

Don't deport illegals, give them a path to citizenship. Unless you pro lifers want to see children go back to bad countries for them.
Can they live in YOUR neighborhood? Can YOU provide them with jobs?.....Path to citizenship? What say you to all those who immigrated here and did the correct thing going through proper channels? What? Screw you? You are stupid for going through all that hassle?.....
Is that it? Just flip the bird to the legal immigrants? And for what? To make a political statement?.....

-Geaux

Another city or state is still part of the U.S.A, isn't it? It's not a third world shit hole. So how is it the same?
He's giving the example of American families moving from state to state. The children have no say in the move. My parents moved to 4 different states when I was a child. They never asked my permission.

It's a pretty common scenario today. Illegal alien parents who produced kids in the U.S., get busted and deported. What happens to their U.S. citizen kids? Especially young kids, barely past toddler stage?

An adult man crosses the border illegally, and lives here. He marries someone, say another illegal alien. They have kids here. The kids are U.S. citizens under the current interpretation of the 14th amendment, since they were born on U.S. soil.

Then the man (and maybe his wife) get busted by ICE, proven to be illegal aliens (which they in fact are), and get listed for deportation.

What happens to the kids?

The kids are U.S. citizens, no doubt about it. ICE has no grounds whatever for deporting them. But the parents are unquestionably illegal aliens, and the law is clear, the parents must be deported. Must the family be broken up? Who says so?

I've hear some people protest that it's inhuman for ICE to separate the kids (who are, say, 3 and 4 years old by now) from their parents. But is it ICE who is actually doing that?

This man knew before he ever came here, that he was breaking U.S. law, and was subject to deportation if caught. And his wife, if she is also an illegal alien, knew the same about herself. And when they were making kids here on U.S. soil and delivering them, they knew the same was still true.

It's not ICE who is planning to split up this family. It is the man and his wife, knowing that he and she might be booted out at any time for breaking U.S. immigration law, and that any kids they produced while living illegally in America, would be citizens NOT subject to deporation. They knew all these things going in. And one must assume they planned for them. (If they didn't plan, whose fault is that?)

So, what did this man and his wife plan would happen to their U.S. kids if and when they (the parents) got busted and deported? What plans did they make about what should happen to their kids? The kids are 3 and 4 years old now. They are considered U.S. citizens and have the legal right to stay in this country. Of course, they can't stay alone in the house their parents were just deported out of, if there are no other responsible adults around - the kids are just 3 and 4 years old. Of course, the kids also have the legal right to go with their parents back to the parents' home country.

The parents knew going in, that their own deportation was possible and legal... and even just. WHAT DID THEY PLAN FOR THEIR KIDS if that were to happen to them?

Did they plan that those kids would come back to the parents' home country with them? Or did they plan that the kids would stay with other (legal) family, however distantly related, in the U.S.? Or...? What DID these parents plan, for the time when the parents got busted?

Where does anyone get the idea that the government is responsible for the kids?

The parents are responsible for their kids. What have they planned?

Yo, save my taxes! Send the the little illegal back to the parents in La-La Land! Hope Trump can make them illegal?

"GTP"

He's giving the example of American families moving from state to state. The children have no say in the move. My parents moved to 4 different states when I was a child. They never asked my permission.

I'm well aware of that. It's not a valid comparison. We aren't talking about a state to state move here.

Can they live in YOUR neighborhood? Can YOU provide them with jobs?.....Path to citizenship? What say you to all those who immigrated here and did the correct thing going through proper channels? What? Screw you? You are stupid for going through all that hassle?.....
Is that it? Just flip the bird to the legal immigrants? And for what? To make a political statement?.....
Exactly!

Go on nutbags. Make sure you write your Congresscritters every day with your desired policies.
What's your solution to illegal immigration? Open borders?

Hmmm:

Step one: Penalize anyone who hires an undocumented immigrant for any job.

Step two: Make it easier for people to migrate here to fill legally offered jobs which remain unfilled.

Step three: Lose the xenophobia and accept that we have lots of new Americans here and design a path to legal status and then citizenship.

You aren't any better than they are just because you popped out of a vagina on this side of the border.

You do realize that we will have to hire more border guards and officers to do this?? That means more government and MORE tax dollars!!!! lol

To be taken out of the foreign aid going to the countries sending illegals. Tax remittances. We will likely turn a profit.

How much foreign aid is going to Latin America. Do you have numbers on this to determine this alleged profit?
A billion dollars a year.

What s in the Billion-Dollar Aid Request for Central America Washington Office on Latin America

Cut it off, tax remittances. End obama's temporary orders.

I'm well aware of that. It's not a valid comparison. We aren't talking about a state to state move here.

LOL, so what's the difference?

Yes, it is a valid comparison. American families move without their children's permission. Sometimes it is state to state other times it's to another country,

Another city or state is still part of the U.S.A, isn't it? It's not a third world shit hole.
I've seen many who want to deport cubans/haitians/venezuelans/etc..

But open borders? Are you in favor of criminals, terrorists, etc???

Obozo needs to get control!!!

Race riots, rampant criminality, and the list goes on. Need I list it???

Yes, it is a valid comparison. American families move without their children's permission. Sometimes it is state to state other times it's to another country,

Exactly. You see it on the show House Hunters International all the time. The parents decide they want to live outside our country or otherwise have to move overseas because of work. The kids have no choice but to go with them.

Forum List

Back