Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
My daughter pointed this out to me:

"On grasping large numbers:

One thousand seconds is 16 minutes.

One million seconds is 11 days.

One billion seconds is 32 years.

One trillion seconds is 32,000 years.

The difference between billion and trillion is equivalent to the difference between your lifetime and the entirety of human history."

So our deficit if paid one dollar per second we would have had to start paying it off back 512,000 years ago to be paid off now.

Does anyone think this debt will EVER get paid off? How? We will be either passing this burden onto our progeny for EVER, or we will have to get rid of it via national default and the destruction of the US dollar.

I guess my money is on default, lol.

My daughter pointed this out to me:

"On grasping large numbers:

One thousand seconds is 16 minutes.

One million seconds is 11 days.

One billion seconds is 32 years.

One trillion seconds is 32,000 years.

The difference between billion and trillion is equivalent to the difference between your lifetime and the entirety of human history."

So our deficit if paid one dollar per second we would have had to start paying it off back 512,000 years ago to be paid off now.

Does anyone think this debt will EVER get paid off? How? We will be either passing this burden onto our progeny for EVER, or we will have to get rid of it via national default and the destruction of the US dollar.

I guess my money is on default, lol.

its simple really, all we need is a Balanced Budget Amendment to make all future debt illegal. Then we count on population growth, economic growth, and inflation to pay it off.

Of course, the Democrats have opposed all 30 Balanced Budget Amendments since Jefferson's first. Democrats should be made illegal as the Constitution intended.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back