What other alcohol drink to have with a meal other than beer?

Shot "glass" of 1/2 blue Smirnoff 100 with 1/2 Smirnoff whipped cream as soon as I get home from work. Then a Budweiser Red long neck back of fridge cold + some sort of chips (Frito Jalapeno or Lays low salt). Then a second shot of vodka if I feel like it, lately almost always.
Then I may eat or skip it as I am full. Maybe a small desert later on. Lot of Calories to fight thru.

I started this when China Virus was unleashed. I was watching Moonshiners and it was used as medicine for 100s' of years. I convinced myself I did not really have a drinking problem if I used it as medicine? On weekends I usually avoid booze by taking a pain pill during the daytime after done with all chores. then another 1/2 pill very late all while binging on a Netflix crime or love show.

The truth.

So as some of you may have seen I have been dealing with long covid since November.
One of the weird side effects is beer makes my stomach queasy. I don't know why.
I only drink craft beers, not interested in corporate beer as I might as well have water. Actually I would rather have water.
Anyway... sometimes you like that "1 beer buzz". A soft/calming buzz that comes with just drinking a small amount of alcohol. But I don't know what to try.
I have not drank soda in many years, so anything with soda is out. Taste like ultra sweet cough syrup to me. (it would you to if you never drink it)
But it also needs to be refreshing like beer. I don't like wine either.
What kind of refreshing cocktails or mixed drink do you like that can be had with a meal?
My favorite alcoholic drink is Port mixed with sparkling water. I don't like regular wine either but this tastes more like a carbonated fruit drink.

I think it would be ideal for what you're looking for. Some might consider it an acquired taste, however.
I am not into sweet drinks, I drink unsweetened tea. Sweetened tea taste like candy to me.
So if the flavor is more bitter than sweet, it is more likely I will like it

I am not into sweet drinks, I drink unsweetened tea. Sweetened tea taste like candy to me.
So if the flavor is more bitter than sweet, it is more likely I will like it
Then table wines are for you, as they tend to be dryer, but tart, less sweet, to go with food, cleansing the palette and making your next taste of good food, even better!

So as some of you may have seen I have been dealing with long covid since November.
One of the weird side effects is beer makes my stomach queasy. I don't know why.
I only drink craft beers, not interested in corporate beer as I might as well have water. Actually I would rather have water.
Anyway... sometimes you like that "1 beer buzz". A soft/calming buzz that comes with just drinking a small amount of alcohol. But I don't know what to try.
I have not drank soda in many years, so anything with soda is out. Taste like ultra sweet cough syrup to me. (it would you to if you never drink it)
What kind of refreshing cocktails or mixed drink do you like that can be had with a meal?
If you really want to have some fun at dinner.....go for the Jagermeister.

shopping

A strong wine or liqueur mixed with seltzer?
What about wheat beer? Does it do the same thing to you as regular beer? It's not wheat beer it's regular...but I have found Corona to be some of the most food-friendly beer around. But maybe that's just me.

And what about Rum or Jack with Coke?

Long Island Ice Tea

Campari & soda.
Thank you for this suggestion.
"Acquired" is the key verb for sure.
First taste - all you get is acidic bitterness, but as it sits on your tongue it changes - hello what is this?
It makes you want to taste it again. By the end of your first glass - you get it.
We make our own carbonated water/drinks. About 1/3 Campari mixed with carbonated watered down fruit juice with a touch of fructose is a good drink.

Thanks!

Water.

Forum List

Back