What other alcohol drink to have with a meal other than beer?

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
So as some of you may have seen I have been dealing with long covid since November.
One of the weird side effects is beer makes my stomach queasy. I don't know why.
I only drink craft beers, not interested in corporate beer as I might as well have water. Actually I would rather have water.
Anyway... sometimes you like that "1 beer buzz". A soft/calming buzz that comes with just drinking a small amount of alcohol. But I don't know what to try.
I have not drank soda in many years, so anything with soda is out. Taste like ultra sweet cough syrup to me. (it would you to if you never drink it)
But it also needs to be refreshing like beer. I don't like wine either.
What kind of refreshing cocktails or mixed drink do you like that can be had with a meal?

So as some of you may have seen I have been dealing with long covid since November.
One of the weird side effects is beer makes my stomach queasy. I don't know why.
I only drink craft beers, not interested in corporate beer as I might as well have water. Actually I would rather have water.
Anyway... sometimes you like that "1 beer buzz". A soft/calming buzz that comes with just drinking a small amount of alcohol. But I don't know what to try.
I have not drank soda in many years, so anything with soda is out. Taste like ultra sweet cough syrup to me. (it would you to if you never drink it)
What kind of refreshing cocktails or mixed drink do you like that can be had with a meal?
Try one of the new non-alcoholic beers with dinner.

Or, if you really want alcohol, something with say vodka and soda water (seltzer) flavored with lemon or lime.

Campari & soda.

Champagne, iced tea mixed with whiskey, apple juice mixed with whiskey, or plain ice water mixed with gin or vodka.

Back when I used to drink, I liked a kir royale.

Red wine with meat. White wine with fish.
iu

iu

Most wine tastes like cough syrup to me, but a light German white wine I can handle with most foods. Never got a taste for booze of any kind, they seem to kill taste, not enhance it.

Most wine tastes like cough syrup to me, but a light German white wine I can handle with most foods. Never got a taste for booze of any kind, they seem to kill taste, not enhance it.

In England, I had a really light tea of cheeses and crackers along with a Perry wine, a very light, dry pear wine. I normally don't like wine but this one impressed me. Wonder if I could grow a Perry pear tree in my region.

In England, I had a really light tea of cheeses and crackers along with a Perry wine, a very light, dry pear wine. I normally don't like wine but this one impressed me. Wonder if I could grow a Perry pear tree in my region.

Never tried it. Sounds good. I've had hard apple cider before, wasn't bad. We drank it hot, like tea, from a cup.

None. Drinking is serious business not to be mixed with meals as alcohol interferes with your digestion and affects the taste of the food. But if you must drink something, I'd say go for something compatible like E&J VSOP Brandy (an excellent bouquet and not expensive) or maybe a fruit brandy like apricot as an aperitif.

You might also try some sherry, gin and tonic water, a dubonnet cocktail or dry sparkling wine, even Ouzo.

Forum List

Back