What % Of Blacks Will Vote in 2018?

What % of blacks will show up to vote in 2 years?

• Less than 50%

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • More than 50%

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Because most logical thinking people realize the industrial age is over. Jobs that can comfortably support a family are less in number. The capitalistic system requires that there be have nots. Have nots are the ones trying to achieve social status and are easy to market to.
There is an excellent book regarding this subject written by a Black man that owned a marketing company and the book is targeted towards Blacks.

https://www.amazon.com/Brainwashed-Challenging-Myth-Black-Inferiority/dp/1401925928&tag=ff0d01-20

Anyway, If the social safety net is not expanded you are going to have people that drop out of society and thats always dangerous. These people will prey on the haves. Until there is a way to make sure everyone has money to spend and people are educated welfare is the best option until people can be transitioned into the information age. In my field all the people that are being employed are people from overseas like India and China. They cost less for the companies to pay. Its actually sad how much they are paid vs what an american would make.
Same here. That's why I long ago transitioned away from code development into database administration. I have to find ways to justify my higher salary by providing more value to the company.

The BIG problem with not only maintaining, but expanding, the welfare state is that it will NEVER go away because once people become dependent, they demand more, not less. Your prescription is akin to satisfying a heroin addict's demands for more heroin instead of making him go through painful withdrawal so he can be independent of the stuff.

Methadone maintenance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So what do you do with the people that cant find a job that supports a family comfortably? So far I havent heard any intelligent answers that dont include welfare and training.
There are, and always will be, people that truly NEED help to survive and thrive, and I have no problem with society creating a true safety net for those people. For everyone else, we need more of a trampoline than a net. IOW, temporary assistance to get back on your feet instead of a permanent snare of dependence.

And, I dispute the need to "support a family comfortably". I'm talking about basic survival, not comfort. The poor in our country often live like the wealthy of many countries.
Again a good theory but you miss what I previously said. There simply are not enough good jobs for everyone. Even if everyone did everything they could do, were able to overcome racism, handicaps, and were employable there simply are not enough jobs that can support a family to go around. Also you keep forgetting their has to be the concept of the have and have nots for capitalism to work.

I dont believe in comparing apples to oranges or worrying about what is happening in other countries. The standard of living in this country is the issue. I dont believe in saying that since there are people in Korea that live worse than someone in the hood does here then thats ok. Its not because its all relative to their reality.
If there are not enough jobs for everyone, a viable alternative is to be a job creator. Become a business owner, hire people, and try to make a profit. It would change your perspective and you would probably become a Republican voter when you find out how hard democrats have made it for business startups to succeed.
I'm sorry but you should have read that 3 or 4 times before posting that. Do you honestly expect everyone that cant get a job to start a business? Where would they get the funding for startup? Where would they be able to purchase a preexisting business?

IOW, Republican leaders (you know, the ones that can actually make and enforce laws) are NOT trying to resurrect Jim Crow. We can, therefore, safely do away with that line of "thought".
It may be hyperbole to say Jim Crow but just like they merely exchanged Jim Crow for stepped up police presence in Black neighborhoods and a war on drugs to imprison and control more Blacks, they are hard a work bringing something that will have a disastrous effect on Black people.
There is a lot of crime in inner city "black" neighborhoods. Is that a correct statement? Answer that honestly before going on.

If that is true, then it stands to reason that there should be a larger police presence there than say in neighborhoods where there is little crime. Is that also true? Let's put it this way. If there is a lot of crime in an area, would you prefer that the police stay away?

Now, what exactly is this "something that will have a disastrous effect on Black people" that you fear?
Yes there is lots of crime in Black inner city neighborhoods just as in white suburban neighborhoods. The problem is the selective way those neighborhoods are policed. Also we must note that prior to civil rights there was very little police presence or crime in Black neighborhoods. As I pointed out before, it was a way to maintain control after losing Jim Crow. We know this because of Nixons comments on the issue. We know this because the CIA and FBI flooded those Black and Latino neighborhoods with drugs. (Never realizing whites would come to get some too)

In theory your assertion makes sense. However, you are missing the reality of the racist white cops that patrol Black neighborhoods. You may want to believe me on this. I grew up in such a neighborhood and was harassed simply because I was Black not because I committed crimes. Yes I would prefer the police stay away since they are not professional enough to do their jobs correctly and make the situation worse by assisting the criminals, robbing the low level criminals, and targeting Blacks for family altering stints in prison.
Some day the police may take you up on that and I think you would find it worse without their presence. Without them, whoever has the most firepower would rule. You would be trading one hassle for another.
Police are nothing more than people with training, legal protection, and a uniform. We can police ourselves. The BPP did an excellent job as did the NOI in proving that. I'm all for the cops taking me up on that.
I'm sure there are countries around the world that would allow you to set up your own armed camp, but this is America and we don't yet do that.

Same here. That's why I long ago transitioned away from code development into database administration. I have to find ways to justify my higher salary by providing more value to the company.

The BIG problem with not only maintaining, but expanding, the welfare state is that it will NEVER go away because once people become dependent, they demand more, not less. Your prescription is akin to satisfying a heroin addict's demands for more heroin instead of making him go through painful withdrawal so he can be independent of the stuff.

So what do you do with the people that cant find a job that supports a family comfortably? So far I havent heard any intelligent answers that dont include welfare and training.
There are, and always will be, people that truly NEED help to survive and thrive, and I have no problem with society creating a true safety net for those people. For everyone else, we need more of a trampoline than a net. IOW, temporary assistance to get back on your feet instead of a permanent snare of dependence.

And, I dispute the need to "support a family comfortably". I'm talking about basic survival, not comfort. The poor in our country often live like the wealthy of many countries.
Again a good theory but you miss what I previously said. There simply are not enough good jobs for everyone. Even if everyone did everything they could do, were able to overcome racism, handicaps, and were employable there simply are not enough jobs that can support a family to go around. Also you keep forgetting their has to be the concept of the have and have nots for capitalism to work.

I dont believe in comparing apples to oranges or worrying about what is happening in other countries. The standard of living in this country is the issue. I dont believe in saying that since there are people in Korea that live worse than someone in the hood does here then thats ok. Its not because its all relative to their reality.
If there are not enough jobs for everyone, a viable alternative is to be a job creator. Become a business owner, hire people, and try to make a profit. It would change your perspective and you would probably become a Republican voter when you find out how hard democrats have made it for business startups to succeed.
I'm sorry but you should have read that 3 or 4 times before posting that. Do you honestly expect everyone that cant get a job to start a business? Where would they get the funding for startup? Where would they be able to purchase a preexisting business?
Where there's a will, there's a way. Can someone do ANYTHING that other people would pay for? Can someone start small and grow? The answer is yes, but only to a certain point, after which they hit the walls thrown up by government and licensing boards. Heck, my brother-in-law never finished high school, but he apprenticed himself for no pay to a cabinet maker for two years and now is one of the most successful businesses in his home state.

See, here's where government becomes a problem. A guy could easily learn how to do basic plumbing and make some money, but if he wants a business license, all of a sudden he has to get training and certification. A girl can learn to braid hair and make money, but if she wants a business license, all of a sudden she has to get barber training. And on it goes. Government has made starting and growing a business more difficult.

It may be hyperbole to say Jim Crow but just like they merely exchanged Jim Crow for stepped up police presence in Black neighborhoods and a war on drugs to imprison and control more Blacks, they are hard a work bringing something that will have a disastrous effect on Black people.
There is a lot of crime in inner city "black" neighborhoods. Is that a correct statement? Answer that honestly before going on.

If that is true, then it stands to reason that there should be a larger police presence there than say in neighborhoods where there is little crime. Is that also true? Let's put it this way. If there is a lot of crime in an area, would you prefer that the police stay away?

Now, what exactly is this "something that will have a disastrous effect on Black people" that you fear?
Yes there is lots of crime in Black inner city neighborhoods just as in white suburban neighborhoods. The problem is the selective way those neighborhoods are policed. Also we must note that prior to civil rights there was very little police presence or crime in Black neighborhoods. As I pointed out before, it was a way to maintain control after losing Jim Crow. We know this because of Nixons comments on the issue. We know this because the CIA and FBI flooded those Black and Latino neighborhoods with drugs. (Never realizing whites would come to get some too)

In theory your assertion makes sense. However, you are missing the reality of the racist white cops that patrol Black neighborhoods. You may want to believe me on this. I grew up in such a neighborhood and was harassed simply because I was Black not because I committed crimes. Yes I would prefer the police stay away since they are not professional enough to do their jobs correctly and make the situation worse by assisting the criminals, robbing the low level criminals, and targeting Blacks for family altering stints in prison.
Some day the police may take you up on that and I think you would find it worse without their presence. Without them, whoever has the most firepower would rule. You would be trading one hassle for another.
Police are nothing more than people with training, legal protection, and a uniform. We can police ourselves. The BPP did an excellent job as did the NOI in proving that. I'm all for the cops taking me up on that.
I'm sure there are countries around the world that would allow you to set up your own armed camp, but this is America and we don't yet do that.
Of course America does. Its called the 2nd amendment. Why do you think militias exist?

Where there's a will, there's a way. Can someone do ANYTHING that other people would pay for? Can someone start small and grow? The answer is yes, but only to a certain point, after which they hit the walls thrown up by government and licensing boards. Heck, my brother-in-law never finished high school, but he apprenticed himself for no pay to a cabinet maker for two years and now is one of the most successful businesses in his home state.

See, here's where government becomes a problem. A guy could easily learn how to do basic plumbing and make some money, but if he wants a business license, all of a sudden he has to get training and certification. A girl can learn to braid hair and make money, but if she wants a business license, all of a sudden she has to get barber training. And on it goes. Government has made starting and growing a business more difficult.

There is no reason Blacks have to work 10x harder than whites to get the same results. How did your brother support himself while working for free for 2 years?

There is no reason Blacks have to work 10x harder than whites to get the same results. How did your brother support himself while working for free for 2 years?
First, it was my brother-in-law, not my brother, and second, his wife worked and supported them. Imagine that, getting married and working as a team to make the family a success. If government made starting and growing a business easier to do, more people would be able to do it and become successful. Democrats are notorious for making it harder to start and run a business.

Of course America does. Its called the 2nd amendment. Why do you think militias exist?
And when they get a little uppity, you get a Waco, where kids are burned to death.

And when they get a little uppity, you get a Waco, where kids are burned to death.
That has nothing to do with your claim that the US doesnt allow you to set up your own armed camp.

That has nothing to do with your claim that the US doesnt allow you to set up your own armed camp.
Tell you what, cut a deal with the local police force and set up your own camp. According to you, you're allowed to do just that, so why don't we have armed neighborhoods where police won't go? That way, you could stop complaining about the police and handle crime yourselves.

Tell you what, cut a deal with the local police force and set up your own camp. According to you, you're allowed to do just that, so why don't we have armed neighborhoods where police won't go? That way, you could stop complaining about the police and handle crime yourselves.
I dont have to cut a deal with the cops. I just do it. I still have to complain about the cops because they like shooting Black people.

I dont have to cut a deal with the cops. I just do it. I still have to complain about the cops because they like shooting Black people.
Okay, so you police your own neighborhood, I assume that means you are openly armed while patrolling the streets, and then you wonder why the police would want to make sure you're not causing trouble?

Okay, so you police your own neighborhood, I assume that means you are openly armed while patrolling the streets, and then you wonder why the police would want to make sure you're not causing trouble?
White people assume a lot of weird stuff that makes no sense. Sometimes I wonder if they are really that ignorant or are they just pretending.

White people assume a lot of weird stuff that makes no sense. Sometimes I wonder if they are really that ignorant or are they just pretending.
Are you saying that you police your own neighborhoods without any arms? How's that working for you?

Are you saying that you police your own neighborhoods without any arms? How's that working for you?
Works great in my neighborhood.

So you really don't have anything to complain about. So why are you complaining again?

So you really don't have anything to complain about. So why are you complaining again?
Because Black people are being shot by inbred white racist cops that are afraid of Black people. Doesnt have to be in my neighborhood. I have love for all my people.

Because Black people are being shot by inbred white racist cops that are afraid of Black people. Doesnt have to be in my neighborhood. I have love for all my people.
And cops are being shot as well. Most violent deaths of black people are at the hands of other black people. Does that bother you, or is it only when white cops go stupid that bothers you?

And cops are being shot as well. Most violent deaths of black people are at the hands of other black people. Does that bother you, or is it only when white cops go stupid that bothers you?
I dont care about cops being shot. I care about my people. Why do white people deflect and ask dumb questions that have nothing to do with the point you are discussing? We say that people that we are paying their salary to enforce the law are shooting us and white people ask "are you also worried about criminals shooting you". What does one have to do with the other?

I dont care about cops being shot. I care about my people. Why do white people deflect and ask dumb questions that have nothing to do with the point you are discussing? We say that people that we are paying their salary to enforce the law are shooting us and white people ask "are you also worried about criminals shooting you". What does one have to do with the other?
They have a lot to do with each other, because it looks to the rest of the world like you're spending a LOT of time, effort, sweat blood and tears decrying the one while ignoring, if not actually celebrating, the other, which kills a lot more of you than cops do. Bad cops face a justice system, what do black thugs face who shoot random people from a car? Oh, that's right, racist cops and unarmed people policing their own neighborhoods.

Forum List

Back