What no looting?

Typical bat crazy nonsense by such like mini and others.

What would you like to know, Jake?

Ask me something specific.

Ravi...you familiar with Waveland?

They didn't act like wild animals there.

Wonder why?

The whole St Louis Bay area got hammered into the mud, munchkin. No comparison whatsoever to New Orleans. There was nothing left to take or fight over.

I assume you mean Bay St. Louis?

Pass Christian, Jake. Waveland. The Buddhist Temple in Biloxi.

I was there too.

Different world from New Orleans.....and those people were back up and running in a month while L-9 was still waiting on someone to come and pay them, and bring more beer.

What no looting?

I am watching the aftermath of the earthquake in Japan, something that has effected the entire country. Reports are coming in that the shops are closed and that people are on the roads looking for food and water.

I am amazed at the how the Japanese are responding... in comparison to how the people involved in the katrina flood responded.

They are not looting businesses or turning into whining animals.

Amazing comparison don't you think?

I had a similar thought this morning watching the coverage.Not one report,not one piece of video.I didn't expect it though to be honest but the thought did occur to me as I was watching thinking about how the Japanese are conducting them selves.:clap2:

I haven't been able to find anything that says, but would anything that water touched be safe ? They are also about as prepared as a nation can be for something like this.

mini is lying through those buck teeth. He is damning the majority for the actions of the few in gangs.

So you were there too, Jake?

How did you find L-9?

It has lost its charm, and it still lies in ruin.

Just wondering... how long do you think it will take you to find that post of mine about NO? Should I wait or would you like to say 'sorry, CG, I was wrong' now?

images

He's got good taste in beer.

Jake....

Ever seen the Discovery Channel's Katrina, One Year After?

Did you see the first 20 minutes, where they documented all the devastation of the first 2 days?

You're welcome, Einstein.

Japan has more significant earthquakes than any country in the world. They conduct training exercises for events just like this one. The people there know what to do and where to go in the event of a disaster.

Americans are lazy and stupid. Our governments do not lead us in survival exercises to deal with the kinds of disasters that could befall our communities.

The looting during Katrina was highly exaggerated. The reports that blacks were shooting whites and police was found out to be lies ginned up by the NO police after they shot two groups of blacks. One was shot right outside a police station...several blacks stuck on a freeway overpass were gunned down by NO police snipers after one of the police fire his gun in the air with no provocation. The FBI investigated and the offending officers were charged with murder. The NO police tried to hide their actions. Some of them were charged with obstructing the investigation.

The problem with a disaster like Katrina is that people are not trained what to do or where to go to get assistance. The Army Corps of Engineers knew that the levees would fail in just those conditions yet the authorities did nothing to educate the population ahead of time.

Blaming people for doing what they have to to survive is repugnant. Going into a flooded out store to grab some food that will be spoiled anyway or take a couple of bottles of water in such circumstance is not looting. It is surviving. If some yahoo like (You know who) started shooting at people taking water or food in an earthquake, like the one in Japan, in my community he would be taken out immediately.

Last edited:
Japan has more significant earthquakes than any country in the world. They conduct training exercises for events just like this one. The people there know what to do and where to go in the event of a disaster.

Americans are lazy and stupid. Our governments do not lead us in survival exercises to deal with the kinds of disasters that could befall our communities.

The looting during Katrina was highly exaggerated. The reports that blacks were shooting whites and police was found out to be lies ginned up by the NO police after they shot two groups of blacks. One was shot right outside a police station...several blacks stuck on a freeway overpass were gunned down by NO police snipers after one of the police fire his gun in the air with no provocation. The FBI investigated and the offending officers were charged with murder. The NO police tried to hide their actions. Some of them were charged with obstructing the investigation.

The problem with a disaster like Katrina is that people are not trained what to do or where to go to get assistance. The Army Corps of Engineers knew that the levees would fail in just those conditions yet the authorities did nothing to educate the population ahead of time.

Blaming people for doing what they have to to survive is repugnant. Going into a flooded out store to grab some food that will be spoiled anyway or take a couple of bottles of water in such circumstance is not looting. It is surviving. If some yahoo like (You know who) started shooting at people taking water or food in an earthquake, like the one in Japan, in my community he would be taken out immediately.

Whatever Huggy....

I was there.

You believe whatever you want.

It doesn't change reality, even if it makes you feel all better about it.

They looted until there was nothing left to steal, and that's a fact. It wasn't just bread and milk, and it wasn't just the corner stores. Chaos, admittedly, but they were robbing from each other as well.

God damn, you people are naive.

What no looting?

I am watching the aftermath of the earthquake in Japan, something that has effected the entire country. Reports are coming in that the shops are closed and that people are on the roads looking for food and water.

I am amazed at the how the Japanese are responding... in comparison to how the people involved in the katrina flood responded.

Or L.A. 1992 for that matter. Its admirable.
Or Seattle, where the libs loot the place anytime a world organization holds a summit. Of course, the looting comes after the burning and rioting.

Considering that we have a similar fault sitting off the coast of Oregon/Washington, we really should have a dress rehearsal or two, huh? It is, after all, due any time.

Let's hope the International community is as ready to throw money and resources our way when it happens.

Whatever Huggy....

I was there.

You believe whatever you want.

It doesn't change reality, even if it makes you feel all better about it.

They looted until there was nothing left to steal, and that's a fact. It wasn't just bread and milk, and it wasn't just the corner stores. Chaos, admittedly, but they were robbing from each other as well.

God damn, you people are naive.

Still waiting for you to provide that post you claim I made. Should I wait?

Yes, I was.

Do tell. Since you have first hand knowledge. Do you see the point i am making about what happened there in 24-48 hours as opposed to what you see going on in Japan?

Night and Day.

And the answer is obvious. It hjas to do with the respective cultures in New Orleans and Japan. One is chaotic and opportunistic, and one is honorable and respectful.

Ravi would have you believe NO was just a few people upset about the weather. Bullshit. They were fucking animals, and they were partying. They were literally giddy at the opportunity to steal anything and everything they could carry.

The picture she is crying about was a guy who had showed up too late to the party to get the big screen tvs (how stupid are those fuckers). He had a good attitude, and people were laughing and applauding him as he waded through the Quarter.
No...I just didn't see any evidence of widespread looting. Certainly people that stole televisions were scummy opportunists. But those exist in all cultures.

But keep fooling yourself that Americans have more lowlifes than other countries do...

Wonder why?

The whole St Louis Bay area got hammered into the mud, munchkin. No comparison whatsoever to New Orleans. There was nothing left to take or fight over.

I was there too.

Different world from New Orleans.....and those people were back up and running in a month while L-9 was still waiting on someone to come and pay them, and bring more beer.

Sure you were there, like you were in NO, and like you were in Tucson a bit ago. Sheesh.

What no looting?

Or L.A. 1992 for that matter. Its admirable.
Or Seattle, where the libs loot the place anytime a world organization holds a summit. Of course, the looting comes after the burning and rioting.

We were better off BEFORE the WTO. The protesters were correct. Clinton was a snake. As far as the people breaking windows it was not local people that did those things. It was a group of anarchists from Portland Oregon that came up wearing masks on their faces that did the damage. We don't act like that up here...not even the liberals.

There was no looting by the local protesters.

Typical bat crazy nonsense by such like mini and others.

Wonder why?

Oh, wait...he wasn't in NO and yet he is an expert on it? Too funny.

I was there too.

Sure you were there, like you were in NO, and like you were in Tucson a bit ago. Sheesh.

Does little man have a habit of being in the wrong place at the wrong time? :confused:

I was there too.

Haven't been to Tuscon in 8 years.

Haven't been to NO in 3.

I get to Bay St. Louis, Bayou La Batre, Biloxi, and Mobile once a month or more.

Good post, Huggy. People that haven't been in an actual disaster can arm chair quarterback all they like...but that is all they are doing.

That said, it took me weeks to mentally get over Wilma and all we lost were trees...I cannot fathom what the Japanese will have to mentally go through to deal with such a massive disaster.

To use this to poke at black people is revolting in the extreme.

I was there too.

I bet he was at the Alamo...and the WTC...and, and, and...:lol:

Forum List

Back