What musicians do you believe are overrated ?

The Who. The Guess Who had way more hits.

Fuck you, Pete Townshend is a genius. He was writing about issues that are only now starting to get attention paid to them
Pinball Wizard-what else? Guess who-these eyes, American woman, share the land, undun, laughing, no time,

Won't Get Fooled Again, Who Are You, Substitute, Love Reign O'er Me, My Generation, Behind Blue Eyes, etc. Etc. Etc.

You are a musical illiterate.

Fuck you, Pete Townshend is a genius. He was writing about issues that are only now starting to get attention paid to them
Pinball Wizard-what else? Guess who-these eyes, American woman, share the land, undun, laughing, no time,

Won't Get Fooled Again, Who Are You, Substitute, Love Reign O'er Me, My Generation, Behind Blue Eyes, etc. Etc. Etc.

Never liked the who-no need for name calling-That is the sign of an illiterate.

Elton John and Queen; if they weren't gay they'd be one hit wonders. I like Meat Loaf though but his rating is about right; good but not top shelf. Most sopranos; and that Aretha Franklin; screamers/screechers.

But this one is superb:

Amazing.

(And yes; weight challenged...but the VOICE!!!)

Greg

After reading this thread, I'm beginning to think most who have contributed to it are...

th

After reading this thread, I'm beginning to think most who have contributed to it are...
The guy at the start said, now don't get upset-I got 2 FU's already and I don't even like music.

First of all, rap and death metal are not music in my opinion so I don't even count those. Country, I really am not familiar enough with to say. So just from my own experience, having grown up in the 60's and 70's, I could think of more than a few, but here goes. These are my top 5 overrated musicians and bands. ( no offense anyone.... to each their own ) Feel free to contribute anything you want... I must have hurt a few feelings with this list;
1) Neil Young (good song writer, bad singer and terrible lead guitar player)
2) Rolling Stones ( 2 good albums but not worthy of super-stardom)
3) Mötley Crüe ( Van Halen wannabes wearing Kiss makeup )
4) George Thorogood ( the least bad to the bone guitarist I've ever seen)
5) Bruce Springsteen ( fun guy to have a beer with I'm sure, but "The Boss"?
give me a break.....Boss of what, looking cool holding a guitar ? )
I don't know who played the lead guitar on Down By the River", whether it was Neil Young or Danny Whitten, but if it was Young, he's not overrated.

I'm not even sure what Neil Young's rating is (or by whom) but Down By the River is one bad-ass rock song, and lead guitar is classic, to where thousands of young rock guitarists learned how to play lead guitar just from that one long song.
Neil is regarded by many as one of the top leads out there..his voice grates more than a little. But listen to the lead on 'Powder Finger' ! Each his own..Cowgirl in the Sand also pretty good for the lead.

My list....AC/DC--heard one album..heard them all. Maximum Overdrive..their best...but only the instrumentals

Oasis B-52's Tommy Murillo...great player...but his own shyte is shit.

Jerry Garcia...wtf?

First of all, rap and death metal are not music in my opinion so I don't even count those. Country, I really am not familiar enough with to say. So just from my own experience, having grown up in the 60's and 70's, I could think of more than a few, but here goes. These are my top 5 overrated musicians and bands. ( no offense anyone.... to each their own ) Feel free to contribute anything you want... I must have hurt a few feelings with this list;
1) Neil Young (good song writer, bad singer and terrible lead guitar player)
2) Rolling Stones ( 2 good albums but not worthy of super-stardom)
3) Mötley Crüe ( Van Halen wannabes wearing Kiss makeup )
4) George Thorogood ( the least bad to the bone guitarist I've ever seen)
5) Bruce Springsteen ( fun guy to have a beer with I'm sure, but "The Boss"?
give me a break.....Boss of what, looking cool holding a guitar ? )
I don't know who played the lead guitar on Down By the River", whether it was Neil Young or Danny Whitten, but if it was Young, he's not overrated.

I'm not even sure what Neil Young's rating is (or by whom) but Down By the River is one bad-ass rock song, and lead guitar is classic, to where thousands of young rock guitarists learned how to play lead guitar just from that one long song.
Neil is regarded by many as one of the top leads out there..his voice grates more than a little. But listen to the lead on 'Powder Finger' ! Each his own..Cowgirl in the Sand also pretty good for the lead.

My list....AC/DC--heard one album..heard them all. Maximum Overdrive..their best...but only the instrumentals

Oasis B-52's Tommy Murillo...great player...but his own shyte is shit.

Jerry Garcia...wtf?

baba o'riley , won't get fooled again, my generation, magic bus just to name a few..............................
Quadrophenia, Who's Next, Who are you ? And the kids are alright .

The guy at the start said, now don't get upset-I got 2 FU's already and I don't even like music.

Which is why you deserve the FU's, if you are here to troll, which you just admitted, though it was plain to see, then you are deserving of whatever abuse is heaped on you.

no eclectic range... their songs ALL sound the same. except for maybe
'shook me all night long' & 'hot for teacher' - they have no talent whatsoverrrrrrrrr.....................

Or Trump has good taste and dropped those losers

my own personal judgment indicator for what makes a great band/musician is this:

if their music is still playing 100 years from now or is included in a time capsule, then they are worthy.

Van Halen revolutionized the rock and roll world. #1 guitarist the year before they emerged was a soap-opera actor named Rick Springfield. :booze:

AC/DC is not eclectic, they're in your face banging it out, and if you don't like it...:fu:

To me, that's the epitome of what it's all about. Angus Young is the 2nd best phraser ever behind B.B. King.
I love it! That's the way I roll, too.
So no..Boooo! Hiss!!!!!!!!!

I think you want "You light up my life" still #1 on the radio, huh?

<pfffft>

hendrix - best guitarist EVER.

in yer face? most hair bands sound the same & they all sound like they are choking on a ham sandwich.... i know, i know- marion -that most young males wanted to be like them.... i bet you sang & air guitared in front of the mirror too.... fess up now.

& debby boone? really?

lol.... seems like you don't know me at all..................

Oh, 'scuse me, Joan Baez type. :auiqs.jpg:
She's not talentless, though. Or wasn't, anyway.

my musical tastes are eclectic as well... sure, joan had a few good folksy songs along with the likes of peter, paul, & mary or joni mitchell

howeverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i be a rock 'n roller. the difference between you & me though is i enjoy GOOD rock 'n roll.

btw- i think i was the only one on another thread (along with you) that knew who wendy O & the plasmatics were, so just hush up.

Do you like Boston?

Forum List

Back