What musicians do you believe are overrated ?

Streisand.Sammy Davis, Andy Williams. Hank SR and JR, BB King.Barry White.
Yngwie Malmstein.Nugent.Ringo.Jagger. Most since the people of that era really suck.

I love that bass player Tal Wilkenfeld and the young(ish) guitarist Derek Trucks
You were born 20 years too late to appreciate good music.
I was born in 1953.
Fooled me-your avatar says you are 48.

You don't even have an avatar. Next!

I don't know if it's just because I'm getting older, but every now and then I'll hear some song that I remember grooving on back in the day and think "Wow, this is really crap."
Depends on the song. And yes, age will do that too.

Yngwie Malmstein.Nugent.Ringo.Jagger. Most since the people of that era really suck.

I love that bass player Tal Wilkenfeld and the young(ish) guitarist Derek Trucks
I was born in 1953.

I don't have a picture, but I filled in the info. If you saw me, you'd thank me.

I was born in 1953.

I don't have a picture, but I filled in the info. If you saw me, you'd thank me.

Why?! :uhh:

Grateful Dead: Endless drug induced drivel
Bob Dylan: Garbled nonsense
Bruce Springsteen: Love the E Street Band, Bruce is barely understandable

Take Rolling Stones off your list. Girls liked the Beatles, boys liked the Stones. I had their 8 track tape-best ever. Its easier to list under rated performers.
They did have half a dozen really good songs, but a whole lot of crap in between.
More than a half dozen-the 8 track had 16 number one songs. They did a lot of crap in later years. Look at the commercials with their songs-start me up, red door, get off a my cloud, no satisfaction, gimme shelter, brown sugar, jumpin jack flash, under my thumb, time is on my side, the devil is my name, ruby tuesday-you get the idea.

Gimme Shelter is probably their greatest all around work.
I liked Paint it Black, 19th Nervous breakdown and Mother's Little Helper.

Gimme Shelter is their best

I was born in 1953.

Why?! :uhh:
My head reflects light to a great degree.

My head reflects light to a great degree.
Thank you.
( for your contribution in fighting global warming)

My hair's turning white faster than it's falling out, but I'm trying to do my part.
The comb-over backwards cap works sometimes.
tinhatdog.jpg
12274439_981016671944894_7822632194379298306_n.jpg

Last edited:
For what it's worth, my list of underrated musicians is much bigger.

I really enjoy music... Like I said in a post back yonder most musicians put their heart and soul into writing, singing and playing... I'm not going to judge... You will know if I like something and if I don't like something, more than likely someone else does...
Taste is subjective... I am not going to talk stink about someone's work when it comes to music... I am a huge, colossal fan of Leon Russell... I openly wept the day he died... I watched a 3 hour funeral tribute to him on YouTube... Weird, hell yes it's weird cause 90% of the people who read this would probably say he can't sing or play for shit...

RIP Leon...

George Strait. What a fucking cheeseball. No range, someone else wrote all his songs.
I am not his biggest fan, but George actually wrote one of my favorite songs of his that went to radio. I love "Living For The Night". :) :) :)

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

P.S. "Here For A Good Time", "Let It Go", and his newest song on the radio named "Every Little Honky Tonk Bar" were also written by him.

Last edited:
George Strait. What a fucking cheeseball. No range, someone else wrote all his songs.
I am not his biggest fan, but George actually wrote one of my favorite songs of his that went to radio. I love "Living For The Night". :) :) :)

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

P.S. "Here For A Good Time", "Let It Go", and his newest song on the radio named "Every Little Honky Tonk Bar" were also written by him.

You sure about that? I'll take your word for it, but I know someone else wrote "The Chair" and "They Call me the Fireman" and others.

Forum List

Back