What makes the youth unemployed..

Several years ago when the economy was booming.

The company I was working for started hiring temp workers to fill the gap.

Most were young girls and guys.

It was one of the worst experiences of my life. Thankfully, we only hired temps for about a year.

Most only stayed a couple of weeks. Some didn't return after 3 or 4 days

Had a kid take his scheduled lunch break and not return. It was his 2nd day!!

When I explained what work I needed done that day to one of the young temps. He looked at me and said; "Why should I have to do that?" True story

It was a really big International company and was open to hiring the good workers.

But I think most of these kids just wanted to make a little pocket money so they could go out and party. :doubt:

When I was considering hiring for a summer job. One boy was hired to do clean up work. He presented well, was willing and motivated. When he appeared for his first day, he showed up neatly dressed in slacks, sportcoat and tie. He had thought about it, and decided he was more suited for the front desk, in a business that didn't have a front desk.

Another girl literally begged for a chance. Just an opportunity. She showed up, immediately locked herself in the bathroom and called her mother to come and get her. Four hours later, Mom showed up. The girl had never come out of the bathroom. Then she demanded a half days pay for the time she "worked".

There was an assortment of young workers who needed to text and smoke pot. Address these issue with them and they invariably asked for a raise. One enterprising young woman questioned why she had to work at all since it was my business. If I wanted productivity, I should do it myself.

When I closed my law office and entered a post retirement business of dog grooming, I had several who took my prohibition against piercings personally and asserted their right to self-expression. Right up to the point a curious puppy wanted to know what that shiney thing hanging out of the handler's nose tasted like.

I ended up hiring a 50 year old woman who stayed for years.

It was one of the worst experiences of my life. Thankfully, we only hired temps for about a year.

When I explained what work I needed done that day to one of the young temps. He looked at me and said; "Why should I have to do that?" True story

It was a really big International company and was open to hiring the good workers.

But I think most of these kids just wanted to make a little pocket money so they could go out and party. :doubt:

Of course, you pretty much nailed it in your last sentence. From my experience no one in their early 20's are really looking for anything permanent so you can't really count on them, although of course there are exceptions to this rule.

When I was considering hiring for a summer job. One boy was hired to do clean up work. He presented well, was willing and motivated. When he appeared for his first day, he showed up neatly dressed in slacks, sportcoat and tie. He had thought about it, and decided he was more suited for the front desk, in a business that didn't have a front desk.

Another girl literally begged for a chance. Just an opportunity. She showed up, immediately locked herself in the bathroom and called her mother to come and get her. Four hours later, Mom showed up. The girl had never come out of the bathroom. Then she demanded a half days pay for the time she "worked".

There was an assortment of young workers who needed to text and smoke pot. Address these issue with them and they invariably asked for a raise. One enterprising young woman questioned why she had to work at all since it was my business. If I wanted productivity, I should do it myself.

When I closed my law office and entered a post retirement business of dog grooming, I had several who took my prohibition against piercings personally and asserted their right to self-expression. Right up to the point a curious puppy wanted to know what that shiney thing hanging out of the handler's nose tasted like.

I ended up hiring a 50 year old woman who stayed for years.

Thats your best bet, in my first job out of the Military where I interviewed against the girl with the blue hair, I was the only person in their 20s there, the rest were people in their 40's and older, it was a pretty laid back office job that paid well, but they couldn't get any young people to commit, besides me.

Of course, you pretty much nailed it in your last sentence. From my experience no one in their early 20's are really looking for anything permanent so you can't really count on them, although of course there are exceptions to this rule.

They don't want to make a little pocket money. They want to be given a little pocket money. They've been given everything all their lives, of course they will be given money. There is no coorelation between what they do and the money they make. None. There is no cause and effect. Nothing has ever been expected of them. They are owed simply by virtue of breathing.

They don't want to make a little pocket money. They want to be given a little pocket money. They've been given everything all their lives, of course they will be given money. There is no coorelation between what they do and the money they make. None. There is no cause and effect. Nothing has ever been expected of them. They are owed simply by virtue of breathing.

This doesn't bode well for the future of the American work force, how did it get like this?:confused:

I saw this mentality during the Occupy Wall Street protests this summer.

One of their demands was a $20 hr. minimum wage.

Clue less, totally clueless. :cuckoo:

hello friends,

I always have a point to know about why The most youth are getting unemployed....There are so many peoples who are properly educated and have more knowledge about the world....but they does not get employed what is the reason behind this...is this population or something else..this may be cause the development of the youth........what u guys think about it???

Online magazines for youth and It's main aim to helping in Youth Employment for the youthin all over the world...
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQdhMSEqhfg]Uhhh...what did she just say?? Miss Teen South Carolina 2007 - YouTube[/ame]

hello friends,

I always have a point to know about why The most youth are getting unemployed....There are so many peoples who are properly educated and have more knowledge about the world....but they does not get employed what is the reason behind this...is this population or something else..this may be cause the development of the youth........what u guys think about it???

Online magazines for youth and It's main aim to helping in Youth Employment for the youthin all over the world...
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQdhMSEqhfg]Uhhh...what did she just say?? Miss Teen South Carolina 2007 - YouTube[/ame]

Looking for a spoon...so I can stick it into my eye...anything to distract from this twit's comments.

The "youth" today think that Bartleby is a documentary about how to work. They take the words "I'd prefer not to" as an appropriate answer.

The plot is deceptively simple. The Lawyer, a well-established man of sixty working on Wall Street, hires a copyist—seemingly no different from any other copyist, though the Lawyer is well-accustomed to quirky copyists. But Bartleby is different. Bartleby's initial response of "I would prefer not to," seems innocent at first, but soon it becomes a mantra, a slogan that is an essential part of Bartleby's character. It is, as the Lawyer points out, a form of "passive resistance."

Bartleby's quiet, polite, but firm refusal to do even the most routine tasks asked of him has always been the main source of puzzlement. Bartleby has been compared to philosophers ranging from Cicero, whose bust rests a few inches above the Lawyer's head in his office, to Mahatma Gandhi. His refusal of the Lawyer's requests has been read as a critique of the growing materialism of American culture at this time. It is significant that the Lawyer's office is on Wall Street; in fact, the subtitle of "Bartleby" is "A Story of Wall Street." Wall Street was at this time becoming the hub of financial activity in the United States, and Melville (as well as other authors, including Edgar Allan Poe) were quick to note the emerging importance of money and its management in American life. Under this reading, Bartleby's stubborn refusal to do what is asked of him amounts to a kind of heroic opposition to economic control.

It might be that the young workers entering the work force have never heard of Bartleby, never read it, likely never heard of Melville, but they do think of themselves as warrior heroes in a larger battle of economic control.

Forever has it been so that the older generation has looked down on the generations that followed. Do you think the older generation of the 60's thought the Baby Boomers would ever make anything of themselves?

"The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.
Socrates
Greek philosopher in Athens (469 BC - 399 BC)

Forever has it been so that the older generation has looked down on the generations that followed. Do you think the older generation of the 60's thought the Baby Boomers would ever make anything of themselves?

"The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.
Socrates
Greek philosopher in Athens (469 BC - 399 BC)

They will either grow out of it, get over it, or remain unemployed. It's just that easy.

American kids have it worse than baby boomers and likely worse than 5th century Greeks. American kids have to compete with immigrant kids who are interested, motivated and were raised to expect that they will exel.

Really folks, is there any subset of Americans that you guys don't hate?

Morons.

This country still has lots of great young people. My high school students are doing pretty well. In an environment with 25-50 percent unemployment and universities putting tons of people on wait lists, my kids are getting jobs and gettign into good schools.

My own two, now in their 20s, are doing great as well. My daughter has an MBA and works for a large global corporation and my son is a Marine Corps officer.

A lot of negative press is given to a smaller percentage of shitheads. There are a buttload though that are charging hard and getting ready to contribute to society.

Last edited:
This country still has lots of great young people. My high school students are doing pretty well. In an environment with 25-50 percent unemployment and universities putting tons of people on wait lists, my kids are getting jobs and gettign into good schools.

My own two, now in their 20s, are doing great as well. My has an MBA and works for a large global corporation and my son is a Marine Corps officer.

A lot of negative press is given to a smaller percentage of shitheads. There are a buttload though that are charging hard and getting ready to contribute to socirty.

Thats good to hear, my job did have 2 summer hires last summer that did well, one of them got a full time job with the rail road.

Of course there are exceptional kids out there, but the lazy and spoiled ones have given the entire generation a bad name. My friend works for a big bank and was told to "go easy on the Millenial evaluations" because - get this - their computer lives have not taught them people skills. Managers need to remind them to smile. I kid you not.

My own kids are spoiled. Both work, but kid #1 has champagne taste and spends more than he earns. Kid #2 is a saver and will never be broke. Whatcha gonna do?

Of course there are exceptional kids out there, but the lazy and spoiled ones have given the entire generation a bad name. My friend works for a big bank and was told to "go easy on the Millenial evaluations" because - get this - their computer lives have not taught them people skills. Managers need to remind them to smile. I kid you not.

My own kids are spoiled. Both work, but kid #1 has champagne taste and spends more than he earns. Kid #2 is a saver and will never be broke. Whatcha gonna do?

Funny how that works for union labor and Wall Street financial professionals as well.:D

Both of my kids are doing well and are highly motivated. Sure there are some knuckleheads out there, but I suspect that will change as time passes; reality is a great motivator, and as was stated, the competition will be stiff.

The reality is the Bartleby Generation goes to a park, smokes dope and demands more free stuff.

Tattoos, garbage hanging on their ear lobes, lots of stupid crap hanging around their neck, rude manners and sloppy dress doesn't help them either. Tell me, would want want somebody with a hunk of metal in his tongue or a nose ring representing your company?

Last edited:
Yout's ?

seems like we've a website beyond teendom here , that got how many hits during the 'working' day ?

now i know some are homebound or unemployed, or maybe self employed making his/her hours

but i have to question these so called self made men who have all day to lament those unemployed youts

i'm rather sure the loudest of you have a posterior the shape of your computer chair

~S~

Forum List

Back