What makes someone suidcidal (Mental Illness?)

It doesn't have much to do with your nutrition (although having better nutrition cannot hurt and will help make a person feel a little better). That is definitely not a recognized "treatment" of major depressive disorder. :rolleyes-41:

Actually the reason anti depressants cause suicidal thoughts is a misnomer. The person taking the medication ALREADY had the thoughts and was probably to deeply depressed to act on it but the meds brought them up enough to where they could and they did not wait for the meds to bring them further up.
I am not buying that.

Some of these synthetic drugs are extremely dangerous. Yeah the people taking them already have issues but in some cases, the drugs elevate the issues leading to suicide. And keep in mind, Big Pharma in collusion with Big Gov, gives some of the dangerous drugs to children.

And what is your background in the medical field? Are you a doctor?
Many doctors don't know jack shit about nutrition or much of how the body works. Brain chemicals can get out of whack for many reasons. If someone is sad all the time it will effect their chemical make up. If they are angry all the time. If they eat like shit. Drugs can patch it up for a while but to stay on them means something else is wrong. To blindly surrender judgment to a medical practitioner is foolish. It's called a practice for a reason.

And YOU do? Good grief. Yes, your doctor is more knowledgeable than you are, sorry to say.
I respectfully disagree. Some...Some not all...doctors are not very knowledgeable and are dangerous...thus Death By Doctor stats prove it. They are legal drug pushers...for their personal profit.

Are you the kind of person who BLINDLY accepts EVERYTHING your doctor tells you?

Then you should find another doctor, like I said.

Some don't and some do.

If you bother to investigate the drugs used by many mass murders, when that information is not censored by our wonderful and benevolent government, you will find most are taking prescription drugs. Might be a correlation, but we will never know because the powers that be won't allow any study of it.

Is this you latest conspiracy theory ? There is quite a lot of research out there on psychotropic medication. Isn't it difficult to determine what exactly caused a person on medication to commit a crime ?
Damn...you need to get informed before posting.

Oh really ? I'll match my personal experience and knowledge with the mentally ill and drug addicted against yours. You ready ?
Before we do, please do a little research on drugs used by mass murderers.

please prove that these people would be law abiding citizens were it not for medication.
If you think these synthetic drugs have no affect on the minds of mass murders, prove it.

Many doctors don't know jack shit about nutrition or much of how the body works. Brain chemicals can get out of whack for many reasons. If someone is sad all the time it will effect their chemical make up. If they are angry all the time. If they eat like shit. Drugs can patch it up for a while but to stay on them means something else is wrong. To blindly surrender judgment to a medical practitioner is foolish. It's called a practice for a reason.

And YOU do? Good grief. Yes, your doctor is more knowledgeable than you are, sorry to say.
About nutrition? How do you know that, they have very little training. Ms. Typist.
I'm actually a certified medical assistant. I went to college and majored in healthcare.
That's a rather large field, miss. LOL

I've taken tons of healthcare related courses because I had to take them to become certified. I also have to take refresher courses.

About nutrition? How do you know that, they have very little training. Ms. Typist.
I'm actually a certified medical assistant. I went to college and majored in healthcare.
That's a rather large field, miss. LOL

And what is it that YOU do for a living?

I am not buying that.

Some of these synthetic drugs are extremely dangerous. Yeah the people taking them already have issues but in some cases, the drugs elevate the issues leading to suicide. And keep in mind, Big Pharma in collusion with Big Gov, gives some of the dangerous drugs to children.

I respectfully disagree. Some...Some not all...doctors are not very knowledgeable and are dangerous...thus Death By Doctor stats prove it. They are legal drug pushers...for their personal profit.

Are you the kind of person who BLINDLY accepts EVERYTHING your doctor tells you?

Then you should find another doctor, like I said.
Exactly and even then, I do not blindly accept his advice.

Is this you latest conspiracy theory ? There is quite a lot of research out there on psychotropic medication. Isn't it difficult to determine what exactly caused a person on medication to commit a crime ?

Oh really ? I'll match my personal experience and knowledge with the mentally ill and drug addicted against yours. You ready ?

please prove that these people would be law abiding citizens were it not for medication.
If you think these synthetic drugs have no affect on the minds of mass murders, prove it.

They have been scientifically PROVEN to have effects on the human brain. Now you prove that they cause people to commit mass murder.

They have been scientifically PROVEN to have effects on the human brain. Now you prove that they cause people to commit mass murder.
Prove that they do not.

I worked with three people who committed suicide

Two were on anti-psychotic meds and their meds got screwed up/stopped using them

The third had a bad relationship and did a "If I die, you will cry" suicide

Two were on anti-psychotic meds and their meds got screwed up/stopped using them

Yes, this is a big problem. Some psychiatric meds need to be weaned off or even up or down under the supervision of a physician/psychiatrist. Some people feel better and so they stop taking their meds and end up back in the psychiatric facility. Happens ALL the time. Like a damn revolving door.

Sometimes they talk the patient into getting injectables, which last a lot longer. They can just go to their doctor like every 3 months or every month (whatever the case may be) and get their injection. That is only available for some meds though. That is probably better for some of these patients than relying on them to take their medications every day.

Every single one I've met was whacked out in some way. They thought they were happy because they were breathing.
This is because you don't understand mental illness. People who suffer from major depression suffer horribly. This is not just like feeling "sad" or feeling "sorry for yourself" once in a while. It is a serious mental illness!
Caught from a dirty door knob, right? A healthy diet, exercise and a positive attitude is the best medication. Practitioners of the dark arts of medicine only know the pill and the knife.

Let's see you cure schizophrenia with that.
No one in this thread is saying drugs should be prohibited. Okay?

Now...will you agree that some of these drugs are not effective and cause harm to some people?

Absolutely--mental illness is still quite a mystery and incredibly difficult to treat. Just like any medication some are more effective than others depending on the physiology of the individual person.
Penicillin has killed people. Improper doses of perfectly safe medications has killed people..and people who have been deprived of anti-depressants have killed themselves. To say all psychotropic medication is some big pharma conspiracy is just plain horseshit.

Right, medications can affect different people differently, and there are risks with every medication, just like there are risks with every medical procedure, even something like a tooth extraction.

A lot of people "attempt" suicide for attention. That is also a mental illness. These are usually not serious attempts, and the person usually plans it so that he or she is found, but sometimes things go wrong.

Some people might also talk about suicide or being suicidal for attention. This can be a symptom of a mental illness but usually much less severe. It is also a sign of someone who suffers from severe insecurity issues. It's a pretty rotten thing to do though, IMO.

Just don't overlook nature. American diets in particular are bad to really bad. That WILL effect you, physically and mentally. Any doctor not monitoring their life style health is just a rug dispenser.

Forum List

Back