What makes someone a Christian?

Ohh no reason to get your panties in a wad.
I fully realize that my opinions are only mostly right for ME.

but then I do not watch talking head pundit shows, nor am religious, nor married, nor active in any political party.
So My opinions are my own not a preachers, Pundit, politician, etc.

Are you new here....because if my post is your idea of "panties in a wad", then you've been very sheltered from all the action.:lol:

And yes, you do come off as though your opinion is superior....those silly people with their make believe friend in the sky. You do not give them the courtesy of respecting that their opinion is right for them.

Well my opinion is superior.
And while I do not believe in an afterlife or supreme being I can see where lots of people draw comfort from those beliefs.
And they are free to do that.
Even Islamic folks.

You're a legend in your own mind.:lol:

Are you new here....because if my post is your idea of "panties in a wad", then you've been very sheltered from all the action.:lol:

And yes, you do come off as though your opinion is superior....those silly people with their make believe friend in the sky. You do not give them the courtesy of respecting that their opinion is right for them.

And while I do not believe in an afterlife or supreme being I can see where lots of people draw comfort from those beliefs.
Even Islamic folks.

Yepper as are most of us.

My predictions and foresight on Political and economic issues has been very accurate for the last decade or so.
When I saw things coming that the experts missed. yep it helps my self confidence in my opinions.

Last edited:
Even Islamic folks.

My predictions and foresight on Political and economic issues has been very accurate for the last decade or so.
When I saw things coming that the experts missed. yep it helps my self confidence in my opinions.

I'm sure someone is impressed.. I'm not...

Well, at least you have the big nothingness to look forward to, which is nice...

Well, at least you have the big nothingness to look forward to, which is nice...

sure beats spending eternity with some "christians" I know and have known.

Yep it does take personal responsibility to accept that there is nothing else and the devil does not cause you to do bad things.

Yep it does take personal responsibility to accept that there is nothing else and the devil does not cause you to do bad things.

It sounds like you look down on Christians as being weak, and you're at a higher level for not needing anyone or anything. It's ironic how you come off so judgmental. Christians believe in free will, and do not take such a cop out as "the devil made me do it"; although he does rejoice in sin. It takes personal responsibility to resist temptation and strive to be a better person.

It sounds like you look down on Christians as being weak, and you're at a higher level for not needing anyone or anything. It's ironic how you come off so judgmental. Christians believe in free will, and do not take such a cop out as "the devil made me do it"; although he does rejoice in sin. It takes personal responsibility to resist temptation and strive to be a better person.

And only Christians can resist temptation (does not come from devil you know) and strive to be a better person?

Good for you... Good luck with your upcoming nothingness...

Good for you... Good luck with your upcoming nothingness...

thanks there are times that I look forward to it.

And only Christians can resist temptation (does not come from devil you know) and strive to be a better person?

Where did I say that?? Were you saying that only non Christians take personal responsibility?? I am showing you the other side, because you've admitted to believing that you're thinking is superior.

Very interesting, many Christians respond and there appears to be no agreement.

I am still waiting for you to inform me what the tenets of Christianity are.

The Apostle's Creed:

I believe in God, the Father almighty,
creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, God's only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried;
he descended into hell.
On the third day he rose again;
he ascended into heaven,
he is seated at the right hand of the Father,
and he will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic Church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostl..._the_English_Language_Liturgical_Consultation

Where did I say that?? Were you saying that only non Christians take personal responsibility?? I am showing you the other side, because you've admitted to believing that you're thinking is superior.
We are even then because you seem to think I said that only non christians take personal responsibility.
It is easier and acceptable for christians to blame others for their problems though.

What I call real Christians, those who strive to live by Christ's teachings. Are virtually all good people whom I like.
Those who just say they are a christian though are another matter.
I believe in walking the talk.

We are even then because you seem to think I said that only non christians take personal responsibility.
It is easier and acceptable for christians to blame others for their problems though.

What I call real Christians, those who strive to live by Christ's teachings. Are virtually all good people whom I like.

Well, I didn't actually make that assumption....I was just clarifying that Christians also take personal responsibility. I don't know what personal experiences have led you to form your own judgments, but at the end of the day for Christians, they are only concerned about being judged by God.

just fyi I was raised up in the same denomination of church as Sarah Palin, Jimmy Swaggart and Jim Baker. The first 16 years of my life, with no choice.

The main reasons I do not believe in god are.
No proof of God's existence or of an afterlife.
Religion is such a politicized mess that I do not think it is any recommendation for the existence of god or of an after life.

We are even then because you seem to think I said that only non Christians take personal responsibility.
It is easier and acceptable for Christians to blame others for their problems though.

Yet God loves all his flock... Sinners one and all...

You can wish He didn't all you want, but it won't change that....

All Christians are "Real Christians"...

Trying to explain faith to a non Christian who doesn't want to understand it is like trying to explain color to a blind person... They'll never really get it and they don't really want to...

'nuff said...

just fyi I was raised up in the same denomination of church as Sarah Palin, Jimmy Swaggart and Jim Baker. The first 16 years of my life, with no choice.

The main reasons I do not believe in god are.
No proof of God's existence or of an afterlife.
Religion is such a politicized mess that I do not think it is any recommendation for the existence of god or of an after life.

So maybe you are bitter?? Anyway, I might be considered less of a Christian for not being too concerned about your personal beliefs, but I have never been moved to witness. As far as proof, that's where faith plays a role. I don't think a person can force themselves to believe, nor do I think a person can force themselves to not believe....and there were times in my life when I tried. I am thankful for my faith and beliefs, but I don't presume they are necessary for others to obtain in order to find fulfillment in life.

We are even then because you seem to think I said that only non Christians take personal responsibility.
It is easier and acceptable for Christians to blame others for their problems though.

Yet God loves all his flock... Sinners one and all...

You can wish He didn't all you want, but it won't change that....

All Christians are "Real Christians"...

Trying to explain faith to a non Christian who doesn't want to understand it is like trying to explain color to a blind person... They'll never really get it and they don't really want to...

'nuff said...

He loves them all, however he will cast many of them into the lake of fire to burn alive for all eternity.

Forum List

Back