What makes someone a Christian?

How is it we meet so few Christ-like Christians?

Maybe you don't get around more. I get the feeling, from your posts, that you dislike and look down on Christianity, and are actually prejudiced against it. I think you automatically look for the negative in Christians.

I've met plenty of holy people, living good, holy lives, who are Christians. There are many of them. They may not always be the most vocal, nor will they always agree with you on politically hot issues.

Maybe you don't get around more. I get the feeling, from your posts, that you dislike and look down on Christianity, and are actually prejudiced against it. I think you automatically look for the negative in Christians.

I've met plenty of holy people, living good, holy lives, who are Christians. There are many of them. They may not always be the most vocal, nor will they always agree with you on politically hot issues.

Yes. I have met few people who are Christ-like. I have met some wonderful people on forums who are very loving Christians.

I've also met the other kind of Christian, the intolerant kind. They make me very grouchy.

Yes. I am prejudiced against the Christians who oppose marriage equality and who seek to make America a Christian theocracy. I don't like them much. I don't consider all Christians automatically worthy of high esteem.

Last edited:

I would say you don't meet any...

I've met few. The most Christ-like people I've ever met were Buddhists. What encourages me about Buddhism are the saints like Shantideva who wrote works designed to help people like myself who have alot of anger.

Christianity doesn't deal much with anger.

Last edited:

Yes. I have met few people who are Christ-like. I have met some wonderful people on forums who are very loving Christians.

I've also met the other kind of Christian, the intolerant kind. They make me very grouchy.

Yes. I am prejudiced against the Christians who oppose marriage equality and who seek to make America a Christian theocracy. I don't like them much. I don't consider all Christians automatically worthy of high esteem.

Sounds like you've met some nice Christians... Christ-like is what is strived for, but because of sin, will never be obtained...

There's no such thing as "less Christian", though... You either are or you aren't... It is not decided upon by others - it's what's in your heart...

Most Christians believe that marriage is between a man and a woman... No matter how hard or loudly you disagree with that, you will never change that belief... Many Christians agree with civil unions and equality under the law, though...

There's no such thing as "less Christian", though... You either are or you aren't... It is not decided upon by others - it's what's in your heart...
//

then why are some Christians chosen by others as christian leaders?

//

then why are some Christians chosen by others as christian leaders?

Organizational leaders...

According to the dictionary, the Pope is no more of a Christian than I am.

Is it necessary for Jesus to be considered God to be a Christian? What about non-Trinitarian Christians? Are they just fooling themselves or will they also be forgiven?

thus alluding to the reasons behind all the different sects: no one can agree. find the least common denominator between the sects, and that's your defining factor. In this case, it looks like Jesus has something to do with it.

thus alluding to the reasons behind all the different sects: no one can agree. find the least common denominator between the sects, and that's your defining factor. In this case, it looks like Jesus has something to do with it.

And virtually every one of the sects think they have it figured out...

So?

Every believer in Christ is a Christian...

This isn't rocket surgery....

So?

Every believer in Christ is a Christian...

This isn't rocket surgery....

Nope and it isn't logical either.

Yep and like assholes, everyone has one.

And unless your shit smells like roses, don't pretend your opinion is better than anyone elses.

Ohh no reason to get your panties in a wad.
I fully realize that my opinions are only mostly right for ME.

but then I do not watch talking head pundit shows, nor am religious, nor married, nor active in any political party.
So My opinions are my own not a preachers, Pundit, politician, etc.

Last edited:
Yep and like assholes, everyone has one.

And unless your shit smells like roses, don't pretend your opinion is better than anyone elses.

but then I do not watch talking head pundit shows, nor am religious, nor married, nor active in any political party.

Are you new here....because if my post is your idea of "panties in a wad", then you've been very sheltered from all the action.:lol:

And yes, you do come off as though your opinion is superior....those silly people with their make believe friend in the sky. You do not give them the courtesy of respecting that their opinion is right for them.

Are you new here....because if my post is your idea of "panties in a wad", then you've been very sheltered from all the action.:lol:

And yes, you do come off as though your opinion is superior....those silly people with their make believe friend in the sky. You do not give them the courtesy of respecting that their opinion is right for them.

Well my opinion is superior.
And while I do not believe in an afterlife or supreme being I can see where lots of people draw comfort from those beliefs.
And they are free to do that.
Even Islamic folks.

Forum List

Back