What makes arguing with liberals so frustrating #1

The most infuriating thing to conservatives when arguing with liberals is complexity. Conservatives tend to try to boil everything down to simplicity, the argument always starts when someone says "it's not that simple or clearcut."

What you really mean is that liberals always start obfuscating the issue. The fundamental issues are actually quite simple. Do you have a right to anything I've earned? The clear cut answer is "no." that means there's no moral justification for welfare, Medicare and Social Security.

End of story.

It's more a matter of...my needs are important to me, I don't need the government telling me what they are and rationing what I need, and what they think I need...

The most infuriating thing to conservatives when arguing with liberals is complexity. Conservatives tend to try to boil everything down to simplicity, the argument always starts when someone says "it's not that simple or clearcut."

That, and their black-and-white position on every issue.

What is the liberal "nuanced" position on gay rights?

Some functions are better served by you as an individual, some are better served as a society

That would be the courts, the police function and the military, and even those are debatable.

Every other function government sucks at.

What you really mean is that liberals always start obfuscating the issue. The fundamental issues are actually quite simple. Do you have a right to anything I've earned? The clear cut answer is "no." that means there's no moral justification for welfare, Medicare and Social Security.

End of story.

Actually the simple issue is whether what you deem as "moral" is relevant. The clear cut answer is "no." All that matters is what works.

It's more a matter of...my needs are important to me, I don't need the government telling me what they are and rationing what I need, and what they think I need...

I am stumped.

Besides taxes, what is our government forcing you to do?

OH!

You were harassed by the TSA. Those bastards are jerks!

End of story.

Actually the simple issue is whether what you deem as "moral" is relevant. The clear cut answer is "no." All that matters is what works.

Stalin thought sending millions of people to the Gulag worked pretty well. Before the Civil War, Southerners also thought slavery worked pretty well.

Last edited:
I see this over and over. Conservatives are for limited government. Just because we say we don't want government doing things where government is inept, counterproductive, wasteful or whatever, does not mean that we should shut it down totally.

Yes, we do need roads, bridges, highways, jails, schools, aircraft carriers, GPS satellites, standard weights and measures, courts, etc etc. Saying we don't need subsidies for crummy cars badly built and still with astronomical prices does not mean we don't need highways.

The conservative view is that the government should be a useful servant of the people's needs. However, you give it too much money, power, authority it becomes the worst sort of master.

Nobody has ever convinced me that government is the best entity for our road system or our schools.

That, and their black-and-white position on every issue.
Good thing that liberoidals don't delete, over distort, and over generalize.....Much. :rolleyes:

'Cause you consistently get your (collective) asses kicked, for lying?

:eusa_eh:

Mr. Shithead;

There is no evidence that you grasp what planet you're on. You certainly don't "kick ass" with anyone. You are the retarded kid pissing in the toy box. No doubt in the petrified dog turd that substitutes for a brain with you, you are the master of all debate. You're still just the retarded kid, pissing in the toy box.

Forum List

Back