What makes American police use deadly force much more often than German police?

Hi, I would like to know the opinion of American police officers on why all of the German police force only used 85 shots in total in 2013. Germany has around 82 mio people so about a quarter of the US population, but the US has exponentially more firearm use from police.

What makes american police use deadly force much more often than German police (or any other European force)?
Maybe because the police over there uses their nightsticks to break the arm of the skinny guy with a knife. Over here 20 cops start shooting making a sieve out of the fellow because by law they "fear for their lives." That's one reason for the difference. On the other hand, I agree with
America has many more mean, destructive, bad-ass motherscratchers than does Germany.
And they are all packing heat.
Germany had its guns confiscated long ago by a rather unruly guy.

how many stops does the police make a day

compared to how many times they have shot the perp
I dunno. :dunno:

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop? :slap:

When police chase a car and put 137 rounds into it and then claim they THOUGHT they heard a shot, but later it turned out it may have been a car backfire, and the two people in the car that are murdered by the police are found to be unarmed, and the police face ZERO consequences...

Something is wrooooooong. The police and the system that protects their every action no matter how criminal, have become the armed violent gang.

Hi, I would like to know the opinion of American police officers on why all of the German police force only used 85 shots in total in 2013. Germany has around 82 mio people so about a quarter of the US population, but the US has exponentially more firearm use from police.

What makes american police use deadly force much more often than German police (or any other European force)?
Maybe because the police over there uses their nightsticks to break the arm of the skinny guy with a knife. Over here 20 cops start shooting making a sieve out of the fellow because by law they "fear for their lives." That's one reason for the difference. On the other hand, I agree with
America has many more mean, destructive, bad-ass motherscratchers than does Germany.

You are a wise old owl. :thup:

Number of arrest and number of contacts with criminals in the US...versus Germany? I wonder what the numbers are?

When I was in Germany....if you screwed up.....you got your butt kicked. Here in the US, the Police can not legally do that.

In Germany, you use fowl language or fight with the cops...the swagger stick comes out, and the bad guy gets an attitude adjustment, by one or more cops In the US, you get arrested for disorderly conduct.

In Germany, if a cop tells you to do something...you do it or your health insurance better be up to date. In the US, you give a cop the middle finger and shout expletives.....you get arrested and stuffed in an overcrowded jail somewhere.

People in Germany have more respect for the cops, less you get an azzz kicking. God help you if you are not Germany.

Here, if you want to go home, and go home safe and you are a cop......you shoot the bad guys and let the shooting investigators sort it out. Some agencies have that reputation.......a bunch of babies.

Some police agencies are highly respected. A city cop pulls a person over and they are drunk, they get arrested. A Trooper pulls a person over and they are drunk, they sober up real quick when they see the lights in the rear view mirror. See what I am getting at. Local police.....are seen as jokers by some people. State Troopers, are respected.

The small town police dept with 8 officers gets no respect. The large metro police dept with 125 officers is respected. It boils down to not only simple psychology, but simple sociology in my opinion. One Officer cannot make a change...it takes the whole department with one standard and one set of rules.

Shadow 355

German society is more well-mannered, that's one of the reasons. And their law enforcement agencies who are German guys too understand that physical coercion leads to violence and violence leads to dire consequences for the individuality and for the society.

Forum List

Back