What Legislation Do We Need to get Work Refusniks off the Couch?

A lot of these people that are able would be willing to do so if 99% of the wealth wasn't going to the top 5% of the population. It is a losing hand and the republicans offer nothing besides transfer of even more wealth to the parasites at the top. Can't afford a house, can't afford a family and can't afford to even fucking live anymore. Why be a wage slave to people that see you as nothing besides a mean to another ship or building for themselves? Anyone that thinks that punishing these people for not wanting to be wage slaves until the day they die is probably a lemon and an idiot because they're probably just as poor and have nothing to do with their masters at the top. They just enjoy causing pain on their brothers and sisters.

Last edited:
The answer is NOT increasing the minimum wage, as I see signs all over the place offering $17 and $18 an hour to run a cash register or restock clothes on shelves. The answer is to stop giving taxpayer money away to people able to work and who simply feel jobs are beneath them.

1. Any adult not working a full-time job and living with a parent in a six-figure household should be exempt welfare-type benefits:

a) I know a young mother, now divorced, who moved in with her mother (a GS 14), who not only gets child support for her two children, as she should, she also gets food stamps, Medicaid for her kids, and a host of other benefits. She works one day a week, as a fill-in receptionist for a vet.

b) I also know a woman in her 50s, who lives with her parents, both of whom are retired government professionals with a six-figure pension. She too gets food stamps, and works two afternoons a week at the library.

2. Any parent in a two-parent household, where neither is working, should get no welfare. I know a couple (with kids) where both refuse to get a job, saying what’s available is beneath them, and they are getting rent relief, food stamps, Medicaid, and so forth.
End Social Security and Medicare for Boomers- tomorrow.

End Social Security and Medicare for Boomers- tomorrow.
And watch the republican party die. These old gray conservative loserterians would wake up one morning and find out first hand that their was never going to be an retirement and vote every single loserterian republican out of office. It is all fine and good when you can rage against shit like a stupid lemon that is fed fresh meat by your masters, but when you're back in the 18th century and have no rights, no weekends, no retirement and no rights = oh shit moment!

We don't need anymore people here. That's pure communist propaganda to sneak in their illegals and eventually make them legal to benefit the Communist party. If anything, we need less people here because we have too many now.

Correct, I made the responsible decision not to have children so I can have a better life financially. God, how terrible, that I would weigh my finances before deciding on having children or not. I should have just irresponsibly had kids and foot the bill to my fellow taxpayers to raise them. The entire country should. We're only 31 trillion in debt. We can easily afford it.

You have an obligation to the nation to replace yourself because there’s nobody to come after you and do the work you did. It’s even in the Bible go forth and multiply.

The reason that you’re having problems filling jobs is that your people are not replacing them selves women are having fewer than two children, each on average. Without immigration your population is going to continue to shrink, and your economy cannot grow.

You have an obligation to the nation to replace yourself because there’s nobody to come after you and do the work you did. It’s even in the Bible go forth and multiply.

The reason that you’re having problems filling jobs is that your people are not replacing them selves women are having fewer than two children, each on average. Without immigration your population is going to continue to shrink, and your economy cannot grow.

Be fruitful and multiply was a great idea when we had a few million people on this earth. Not such a great plan when you have 7.5 billion people.

Our labor shortage is partly due to two things: one is government handouts pay enough where you don't have to have a job. The other is parents who welcome their adult children to live at home for as long as they desire. If you can live without working or working part-time, why work full-time?
'
When I grew up in the 60s and 70s, if you're living at home smoking pot in the basement, the parents threw you out of the house. You had to figure out a way to support yourself because social programs didn't pay shit. The only way to survive on them was to move to the ghetto.

Today government pays enough for non-working to live in the suburbs. Free smart phone, free healthcare, paid utilities, free internet and cable in some instances, so why work a full-time job?

People paid for that. Working people paid into Social Security and Medicare all of their lives and you want to take it away from them. What a selfish little creep you are.

Let’s take away everything you bought and paid for and see how your life goes.

He's pretty much on the left, so I believe his comment was meant in sarcasm.

A lot of these people that are able would be willing to do so if 99% of the wealth wasn't going to the top 5% of the population. It is a losing hand and the republicans offer nothing besides transfer of even more wealth to the parasites at the top. Can't afford a house, can't afford a family and can't afford to even fucking live anymore. Why be a wage slave to people that see you as nothing besides a mean to another ship or building for themselves? Anyone that thinks that punishing these people for not wanting to be wage slaves until the day they die is probably a lemon and an idiot because they're probably just as poor and have nothing to do with their masters at the top. They just enjoy causing pain on their brothers and sisters.

The failed philosophy of the left: The reason some have to little is because others have too much. There is no truth to that. Money is not finite in this country. You can make as little or as much as you want. Until the day comes where a person asks for a raise, and the employer says "I'd love to give you a raise, but the rich have all the money!" then it's nothing but a complete lie.

Rush Limbaugh used to tell a story about growing up. If he didn't finish his dinner, his mother would use the worn out line "There are kids starving in China!" When she said that once to often, he finally responded by asking "If I eat all the food on my plate, how does that help one Chinese child?"

Republicans nor any party sends money to the top. The person responsible for sending money to the top is you; not just you, but all of us. This week you're not only going to send your money to the top, but likely several times this week. You're going to pay for your cell phone plan, pay for your cable/ internet service, you're going to stop at the gas station to send your money to the multi-billion dollar oil companies, you'll probably stop at fast food restaurants to send your money to the top, if you have a mortgage, you're going to repay those billion dollar banks interest on the money you borrowed, how many times have you placed orders with Amazon this month.

As the saying goes, charity starts at home. If you want to see money stop going to the top, stop sending yours there. Sell that car and buy a bicycle. Buy a windmill for your backyard to generate electricity. Get rid of your cell phone and only use your landline. Buy some books instead of watching television all day and night long. Quit eating out and make all your food at home. In fact start a garden to grow veggies and fruit and can it for the year. Get rid of this internet service you are using. We will miss you.

Be fruitful and multiply was a great idea when we had a few million people on this earth. Not such a great plan when you have 7.5 billion people.

Our labor shortage is partly due to two things: one is government handouts pay enough where you don't have to have a job. The other is parents who welcome their adult children to live at home for as long as they desire. If you can live without working or working part-time, why work full-time?
'
When I grew up in the 60s and 70s, if you're living at home smoking pot in the basement, the parents threw you out of the house. You had to figure out a way to support yourself because social programs didn't pay shit. The only way to survive on them was to move to the ghetto.

Today government pays enough for non-working to live in the suburbs. Free smart phone, free healthcare, paid utilities, free internet and cable in some instances, so why work a full-time job?

You have full employment and you still have 11 million open jobs. There are not millions of people sitting on the couch, not working. Unemployment insurance payments are at their lowest levels in history.

You have a shortage of people to do the jobs the country needs to have done. One million people died. Illegal immigrants self-deported during lockdown because there were no jobs. Trumo stopped nearly all immigration for the four years that he was in office.

There were 5 million unfilled jobs when Trump took office and he’s doubled that amount.

You keep believing that benefits are keeping people from taking jobs and that’s just bullshit. Wages are going up because employers can’t find workers. The US Chamber of Comnerce is begging the government to get new immigration processes in place because they need to import workers.

So they’re offering higher wages to get people to come and work for them. Not necessarily a bad thing.

The failed philosophy of the left: The reason some have to little is because others have too much. There is no truth to that. Money is not finite in this country. You can make as little or as much as you want. Until the day comes where a person asks for a raise, and the employer says "I'd love to give you a raise, but the rich have all the money!" then it's nothing but a complete lie.

Rush Limbaugh used to tell a story about growing up. If he didn't finish his dinner, his mother would use the worn out line "There are kids starving in China!" When she said that once to often, he finally responded by asking "If I eat all the food on my plate, how does that help one Chinese child?"

Republicans nor any party sends money to the top. The person responsible for sending money to the top is you; not just you, but all of us. This week you're not only going to send your money to the top, but likely several times this week. You're going to pay for your cell phone plan, pay for your cable/ internet service, you're going to stop at the gas station to send your money to the multi-billion dollar companies, you'll probably stop at fast food restaurants to send your money to the top, if you have a mortgage, you're going to repay those billion dollar banks interest on the money you borrowed, how many times have you placed orders with Amazon this month.

As the saying goes, charity starts at home. If you want to see money stop going to the top, stop sending yours there. Sell that car and buy a bicycle. Buy a windmill for your backyard to generate electricity. Get rid of your sell phone and only use your landline. Buy some books instead of watching television all day and night long. Quit eating out and make all your food at home. In fact start a garden to grow veggies and fruit and can it for the year. Get rid of this internet service you are using. We will miss you.

The reason that some people have too little is because Republicans have cut all taxes paid by the rich, and have raised the minimum wage once in the past 40 years

Worker wages are at the same level or lower than they were in 1980, and you think that’s a good idea because you’ve been brainwashed into believing that not paying workers is a good thing. Wages, as a percentage of costs, or at the same level that they were during the gilded age before unions.

It’s never occurred to you that the reason you couldn’t afford to have children with because you were so poorly paid. This situation did not exist before Ronald Reagan was president, but you think that republicanism and their twisted form of government is a good thing .

You think that burger flippers should receive government assistance because they shouldn’t be paying a living wage. The price of a hamburger might go up $.10.

You have full employment and you still have 11 million open jobs. There are not millions of people sitting on the couch, not working. Unemployment insurance payments are at their lowest levels in history.

You have a shortage of people to do the jobs the country needs to have done. One million people died. Illegal immigrants self-deported during lockdown because there were no jobs. Trumo stopped nearly all immigration for the four years that he was in office.

There were 5 million unfilled jobs when Trump took office and he’s doubled that amount.

You keep believing that benefits are keeping people from taking jobs and that’s just bullshit. Wages are going up because employers can’t find workers. The US Chamber of Comnerce is begging the government to get new immigration processes in place because they need to import workers.

So they’re offering higher wages to get people to come and work for them. Not necessarily a bad thing.

Our employment/ unemployment rate is based on people who claim they are looking for work, but are not working. When they survey people (which is how unemployment is calculated) if you tell the survey worker you are not working nor looking for a job, you are not included in the unemployment statistics.

When Trump was running the show and before covid, we had 1 million more jobs than Americans that could work them. When dementia opened up the borders, we now have 10 million jobs that can't find workers, so your theory is completely flawed.

The reason that some people have too little is because Republicans have cut all taxes paid by the rich, and have raised the minimum wage once in the past 40 years

Worker wages are at the same level or lower than they were in 1980, and you think that’s a good idea because you’ve been brainwashed into believing that not paying workers is a good thing. Wages, as a percentage of costs, or at the same level that they were during the gilded age before unions.

It’s never occurred to you that the reason you couldn’t afford to have children with because you were so poorly paid. This situation did not exist before Ronald Reagan was president, but you think that republicanism and their twisted form of government is a good thing .

You think that burger flippers should receive government assistance because they shouldn’t be paying a living wage. The price of a hamburger might go up $.10.

No, the reason some have too little is because they didn't acquire a skill that makes their labor more valuable. It has zero to do with tax cuts for the rich.

No, I don't think burger flippers should get government aid. Giving them government assistance keeps them from wanting to advance themselves and that's a bad thing. It's why more people are not advancing themselves.

You leftists think that low paying jobs is something new. Bad news for you, it's always been that way. You couldn't afford to support yourself on minimum wage in the 70's and you can't support yourself on minimum wage today either. Low wage jobs is not something that just happened in the last ten years or so.

My situation is not that I couldn't afford to have kids, but if I did have kids, I would have a lower quality of life. I would have never been able to make real estate investments that are now aiding me in my retirement. I probably wouldn't have an IRA. I would be screwed right now like a lot of people that did have children.

No, the reason some have too little is because they didn't acquire a skill that makes their labor more valuable. It has zero to do with tax cuts for the rich.

No, I don't think burger flippers should get government aid. Giving them government assistance keeps them from wanting to advance themselves and that's a bad thing. It's why more people are not advancing themselves.

You leftists think that low paying jobs is something new. Bad news for you, it's always been that way. You couldn't afford to support yourself on minimum wage in the 70's and you can't support yourself on minimum wage today either. Low wage jobs is not something that just happened in the last ten years or so.

My situation is not that I couldn't afford to have kids, but if I did have kids, I would have a lower quality of life. I would have never been able to make real estate investments that are now aiding me in my retirement. I probably wouldn't have an IRA. I would be screwed right now like a lot of people that did have children.
make shacking up illegal...to many men depend on some hard working woman to feed and shelter them while they set on their axe smoking dope and getting drunk and playing video games

make shacking up illegal...to many men depend on some hard working woman to feed and shelter them while they set on their axe smoking dope and getting drunk and playing video games

It happens but much less than parents doing the same thing with their adult children. You can't legislate how people decide to live.

The share of adults ages 25 to 34 who lived with their parents reached historic highs in 2020, Census figures show: 22 percent of men and 13.4 percent of women.

The numbers have retreated since then, but not far. In 2022, 19 percent of men and 12 percent of women in the 25-34 demographic cohabit with their parents.

'

The labor shortage is an msm fake trumped up lie and that is a fact. And an adult living with their parents does NOT hurt,weaken, or have any negative effects on the economy, nation, or other. It does not affect the population, future population, or the future of the nation. Get off your high horses.

Overall, most Uber and Lyft drivers and Amazon delivery drivers aren't being laid off.
Financial firms and tech firms that have exhausted private investor money by over hiring are laying off young people in droves.
For someone who claims to have attained a Master's Degree, you're quite ignorant of the current economic climate...or you're a bullshit artist.
Again you’re just making stuff up. The federal report shows jobs across all industries are up. Full time are up. 2 job holders are down to pre Covid levels. All sectors are healthy. What’s not healthy is the lack of workforce from dead republicans due to Covid and lack of immigration due to republicans.

When was the last time you did a day of work? :uhh:

I did one today, even though I didn't go to work and make any money. I still did things.
Did not get paid today, but I still did work.
I have a high demand job. I’ll work 12 hours today. I get paid well though so no complaints here.

I actually write checks that support my city school system. How many checks have you written to support religious schools?

Religious schools are a choice, public education is not.

You're a commie idiot. There's a fuckton of kids in America not working.
Fuck..my cousin's supporting his stepson and his family that have zero intentions of ever supporting themselves. This is not right.
Honestly, that sounds like a personal problem. No one can take advantage of you without your permission.
They're abusing their privileges. Even if they would pitch in; That would be cool. But that's not the case.
He's not gonna kick 'em out, they have his grandchildren. But they should try to do for themselves and contribute better. It is what it is.

Or he's realized that he can get a check from the government, and that's fine. Not everyone has the same work ethic.
Maybe he looked at his parents and in-laws working themselves to death for rich people and decided he wanted nothing to do with that rat race.

Family really is about contributing, you know? I need to step up my game to what it should be. Which is more than just providing for myself and being able to host family things. Yes. Large family things. I really should be able to do that. I don't have to, but I really should. Something deep down tells me so.
Again, I kind of agree. But work should be rewarding.

When I grew up, my Dad had a pretty good lifestyle, belong to a union, he was able to provide for five kids and own vacation property. It was nice. We weren't rich by any means, but it was okay. He had a high school education and a union apprenticeship.

I have a college degree, I work a full time job and have a side business, manage a rental property, and I'm only just at the point where I am comfortable. My biggest hope is to have enough saved up for retirement in a few years.

I can see why the young people would look at me and say, "That old guy is working himself to death! Screw that, socialism for me."

Forum List

Back