• Black

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Hispanic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Asian

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Native American

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Mixed (blk/wht, hisp/blk, NA/blk, etc)

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters
I totally agree with Asclepias , but by the same token blacks have no clue what it is like to be white. I have had closer connections to some black friend than white ones.
To me here's the difference that so many.....including Asclepias (it appears), think and see race to much. We are all people. We all hurt, we all bleed, we all laugh, and we all cry.
No one is any better than the other.

The Problem with Asclepias is that he's always talking in absolutes, and pretty much believes 'Whites' think in absolutes as though they were a penguin colony or something. Of course, myself growing up in a mixed race
family and extended family, I will never agree with his outlook, though he is correct about many historical things.
Having spent months in Kenya and Tanzania I tried to pay attention to my own weakness of thought and it was a good exercize. When being one of very few whites for just that short amount of time, It was easy to let my mind play tricks on myself. In that situation, one can imagine what other people around them are thinking, "are they judging me?" type thoughts. It's very easy to do, and while it is more complex than that, I think i got a very small
sample size of what blacks might feel in the US.

Sometimes those questions in my mind were true, but I'm pretty sure it was mostly imagined, our minds are very powerful and it's easy to attribute false motives to other people's actions based on our own phsycosis. I think all
people sadly are vulnerable to this and American Blacks are no exception and it can mess up relationships as well.
Not to take away from documented atrocities commited against blacks at all though, I'm talking more in the relationship sense.

View attachment 83177

Hispanic is not a race...

How many major races are there in the world? - World Mysteries Blog

Anthropology 101

There are three major races:

* Caucasian
* Mongolian
* Negroid

With two recognized minor-race subcategories:

* Native American
* Australian Aborigine

******************************************************************************************

If you're going to have the government tell us there are other races than that then I'm 100% German-American and demand my right to be considered a minority and want government funding to be equally and fairly distributed to my family as any other minority is entitled to by the government.

*****SMILE*****

:)

You're right, Hispanic/Latina is not a race, it is an ethinicity.

Isn't race and ethnicity the same thing???

No, actually race refers to physical characteristics, such as skin color, or hair color. Ethnicity refers to nationality, such as ancestry or culture.

Always thought they were the same thing.. that makes sense though. Goes to show what they're teaching us in school :eusa_whistle:

View attachment 83177

Anthropology 101

* Caucasian
* Mongolian
* Negroid

* Native American
* Australian Aborigine

******************************************************************************************

If you're going to have the government tell us there are other races than that then I'm 100% German-American and demand my right to be considered a minority and want government funding to be equally and fairly distributed to my family as any other minority is entitled to by the government.

*****SMILE*****

No, actually race refers to physical characteristics, such as skin color, or hair color. Ethnicity refers to nationality, such as ancestry or culture.

Always thought they were the same thing.. that makes sense though. Goes to show what they're teaching us in school :eusa_whistle:

Yes its a common misconception. That's why the US
Census Bureau expects those who say they're Hispanic to also identify themselves as one of the five major races.

View attachment 83177

Anthropology 101

* Caucasian
* Mongolian
* Negroid

* Native American
* Australian Aborigine

*****SMILE*****

Census Bureau expects those who say they're Hispanic to also identify themselves as one of the five major races.

Geez we're all ignorant aren't we :laugh:

View attachment 83177

Anthropology 101

* Caucasian
* Mongolian
* Negroid

* Native American
* Australian Aborigine

*****SMILE*****

Haha I didn't know that before I learned about it earlier this year. People of the same race actually tend to share the same behavior though

Haha I didn't know that before I learned about it earlier this year. People of the same race actually tend to share the same behavior though
Hmm I don't know about all that :/ I feel like people learn behavior based on the people they're around and who they were raised with..

Hmm I don't know about all that :/ I feel like people learn behavior based on the people they're around and who they were raised with..
Yes because people of any given race are typically raised around people of the same race.

Yes because people of any given race are typically raised around people of the same race.
I guess that's true but some people are adopted by parents of another race??

Reread my last post, hence "typically".

Oh true:biggrin:

People say the only way to get rid of racism is for Americans to become a blended people, but they don't want to lose their identity as a distinct race. Hitler actually tried to create one race by weeding out undesirable traits through Eugenics.

People say the only way to get rid of racism is for Americans to become a blended people, but they don't want to lose their identity as a distinct race. Hitler actually tried to create one race by weeding out undesirable traits through Eugenics.
But I mean how boring of a world would that be??

But I mean how boring of a world would that be??
It would be very boring! Hitler had such an ugly view of and plan for society. Diversity is good for a nation, it helps it prosper :boobies:

aryan are great

1e786f1a6332eccb36e1d5442526c2d3.jpg

Darius I - Wikipedia

View attachment 83177

Anthropology 101

* Caucasian
* Mongolian
* Negroid

* Native American
* Australian Aborigine

*****SMILE*****

No. You can be a Black or white Hispanic.

I totally agree with Asclepias , but by the same token blacks have no clue what it is like to be white. I have had closer connections to some black friend than white ones.
To me here's the difference that so many.....including Asclepias (it appears), think and see race to much. We are all people. We all hurt, we all bleed, we all laugh, and we all cry.

The Problem with Asclepias is that he's always talking in absolutes, and pretty much believes 'Whites' think in absolutes as though they were a penguin colony or something. Of course, myself growing up in a mixed race
family and extended family, I will never agree with his outlook, though he is correct about many historical things.
Having spent months in Kenya and Tanzania I tried to pay attention to my own weakness of thought and it was a good exercize. When being one of very few whites for just that short amount of time, It was easy to let my mind play tricks on myself. In that situation, one can imagine what other people around them are thinking, "are they judging me?" type thoughts. It's very easy to do, and while it is more complex than that, I think i got a very small

Sometimes those questions in my mind were true, but I'm pretty sure it was mostly imagined, our minds are very powerful and it's easy to attribute false motives to other people's actions based on our own phsycosis. I think all
people sadly are vulnerable to this and American Blacks are no exception and it can mess up relationships as well.
Not to take away from documented atrocities commited against blacks at all though, I'm talking more in the relationship sense.
If I believed in absolutes I wouldnt be raising a white child right now or have white friends. When I speak about white people in most cases I am generalizing.

Blacks are hypersensitive to racism and can detect it in most cases long before whites demanding proof will ever admit to even the possibility of racism being a factor. A good example of that is the situation with the cops. Whites see officer Bob living next door to them and being a good guy but they dont see him vent his frustrations about his wife on Black people when he goes to work. Never in a million years would those whites believe he was a racist unless he erected a homage to the KKK on his front lawn.

Last edited:

If I believed in absolutes I wouldnt be raising a white child right now or have white friends. When I speak about white people in most cases I am generalizing.

Blacks are hypersensitive to racism and can detect it in most cases long before whites demanding proof will ever admit to even the possibility of racism being a factor. A good example of that is the situation with the cops. Whites see officer Bob living next door to them and being a good guy but they dont see him vent his frustrations about his wife on Black people when he goes to work. Never in a million years would those whites believe he was a racist unless he erected a homage to the KKK on his front lawn.

lol at your referring to anyone else as "racist"

lol at your referring to anyone else as "racist"
Calm down cave chimp. It wasnt meant to be funny,

Asclepias and I were having a convo in another thread and were talking about how difficult it is for blacks to connect to white girlfriends, wives, friends, etc because whites have no clue what it's like being black and will never understand it. My friend said the same thing. He is black. Surrounded by whites 24/7 and felt...lonely.

So I am curious. What is your race? I have it set where nobody can see your vote in case you want to be mysterious.

White people to the back!
It starts at post #35, the convo.

Your question is flawed. "Race" is just a politically correct way of saying "species." Feel free to try again.

Forum List

Back