What is your favorites drink and food ?

You're not French at all. Phony!

I like ice tea for lunch and dinner. Beer for entertainment. Best dinner possible under the sun is a thick steak with onions and mushrooms, oven fries and a no holds barred salad.
I don't know if you talk to me ? i am French Canadian so i don't like a lot the food here that as to much with butter etc...
When i was in Canada i like Saint Hubert BBQ ( Québec Compagnie) my sister that live in The island of prince edward have no Saint Hubert BBQ but the very simular chicken.
Swiss-Chalet-bundle-up.jpg

Ah, French Canadian hein?

When I was an au pair in France the movie "Kramer vs. Kramer" came out and the family went to see it. The movie has a scene where the divorced father tries to cook for his kids and makes pancakes.

The next day they came back and wanted to know what pancakes are and if I could make them for breakfast. I said yes, but warned them that getting maple syrup in France was not going to be cheap. ;)

images

*****SMILE*****

:)

I like my coffee too in the morning :)

giphy.gif

View attachment 107885

Well... There is that evening glass, or two, of...

*****SMILE*****

:)

...For my cholesterol count of course.

In France there is always aperitif me I drink beer not much and my favorite beer is
2-Navigation-tile-484x967-jpg.jpg

Ah yes, les apertifs. My hosts in France were always passing around Pernod. Didn't care much for it --- too sweet.

In those days I liked this beer:

image63-k1664-front-neck.jpg

It says "French" but it's really Alsatian.

Yes it is the favorite beer of the French and the pernod other appetizer served here in France but if you take calvas from Normandy it is very strong for those who have never tried it...It could makes you fall easily

I like ice tea for lunch and dinner. Beer for entertainment. Best dinner possible under the sun is a thick steak with onions and mushrooms, oven fries and a no holds barred salad.
I don't know if you talk to me ? i am French Canadian so i don't like a lot the food here that as to much with butter etc...
When i was in Canada i like Saint Hubert BBQ ( Québec Compagnie) my sister that live in The island of prince edward have no Saint Hubert BBQ but the very simular chicken.
I was kidding. I thought it was obligatory to love wine above all else. Oh, I could make myself miserable with that meal!
No problem i love red wine and here in France a lot choice for wine in my région i prefer La côte-rôtie :)

Ah, French Canadian hein?

When I was an au pair in France the movie "Kramer vs. Kramer" came out and the family went to see it. The movie has a scene where the divorced father tries to cook for his kids and makes pancakes.

The next day they came back and wanted to know what pancakes are and if I could make them for breakfast. I said yes, but warned them that getting maple syrup in France was not going to be cheap. ;)
Maple syrup is well-liked by Quebecers but there are French restaurants that make delicious pancakes here in Lyon

My favorite drink with a meat or pasta meal is a glass of red wine (Merlot); or a glass of white wine (Gewürztraminer) especially with a cheese and fruit plate on a summer evening, followed with a second glass with a corn on the cob and a fish steak both grilled on a Big Green Egg.

I was kidding. I thought it was obligatory to love wine above all else. Oh, I could make myself miserable with that meal!
No problem i love red wine and here in France a lot choice for wine in my région i prefer La côte-rôtie :)

The wines of NE France (Lorraine and Alsace) are my favorites.

No left or Right it is about food and what we eat is what we are...and i came in France i realize that all the food that was sold was from Europe at first i was happy to find Mccain Pizza
252640.jpg
Ok some will say it is not very important but yes it is i love those American pizza they don't sell it anymore because of Europe laws

Yes very good wine i like the riesling and Gewurztraminer

If its a steak, its a barbequed Chateaubriand with garlic. not over done. with a salad and homemade blue cheese dressing.

but mostly some kind of fish, favorite drink in moderation is a good quality dark Rum

If its a steak, its a barbequed Chateaubriand with garlic. not over done. with a salad and homemade blue cheese dressing.

but mostly some kind of fish, favorite drink in moderation is a good quality dark Rum
Good choice i like fish salmon and frog legs i adore that meal with some garlic and butter and i am not to much butter but for the Frog legs it is the best meal with a glass of red wine delicious :)

Yes very good wine i like the riesling and Gewurztraminer

My ancestors on my mother's side came from Dabo, in Lorraine.

Good choice i like fish salmon and frog legs i adore that meal with some garlic and butter and i am not to much butter but for the Frog legs it is the best meal with a glass of red wine delicious :)

Ah, but the effervescent Gewürztraminer goes very well with escargot.

Have not tried frog legs yet, maybe one day.

I really like lamb a lot. The best I ever had was a leg of lamb my friend from Iceland smuggled here on a plane, then roasted it in the oven. She used some sort of Mushroom gravy and rhubarb sauce. I cant describe how good it was. It was probably the best meat I've ever had.

It depends on the food. Different drinks compliment different food on my palate. For instance, I prefer beer with a steak or burger with fries, but I often prefer red wine with dishes like spaghetti, or lasagna.

Forum List

Back