Globalization

indago

VIP Member
Oct 27, 2007
From The Associated Press 20 January 2017:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Uncertainty over whether Trump's presidency will mark the end of globalization dominated discussions all week at an event synonymous with international business. ...it's evident that globalization — the commitment to trade internationally and to lower barriers to doing business around the world — is under threat like no other time in decades.

The main allegations are that it has increased inequalities in wealth, eroded job security for middle and lower-income families in developed countries, and kept a lid on wages as businesses seek low-cost workers in poorer countries.

...Globalization has helped lift hundreds of millions to escape poverty over the past few decades. Populous countries like China and India have enjoyed phenomenal growth, improved standards of living, life expectancy, literacy and employment rates.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

article

The imbalance produced by globalization between disparate economic systems is evident within the article.

The forces of globalization cannot be impeded by a bug like Trump.
You believe, then, that the advanced economic systems must stagnate until the rest of the world catches up?
I believe until we can have long term capital investment in emerging economies, the advanced systems will remain lackluster.
Parsing the two statements, I believe we both said about the same thing...
I used "lackluster" and you used "stagnate". We agree that emerging economies are the key to the state of the world's economy.

Whereas Reagan introduced globalization for the benefit of corporations and their shareholders, Trump will now end it for the benefit of the working people of America.

China, Germany, and Mexico are doomed.

Canada may suffer collaterally as well.

Forum List

Back