What is your breaking point?

If said tradition is against the law, is it really anti-freedom?

yea, the law doesn't dictate what should and shouldn't be freedoms............what should and shouldnt be freedoms is what should dictate the law.

upholding some made-up societal pledge by law while disallowing same sex people to take the same phony pledge legally doesn't sound like freedom to me

DOMA is law.

in other words, all these cries of freedom and liberty are only cool where you see fit. I see I see how that works.

If the people in your state want to vote in gay marriage by all means they have every right, but if the vast majority vote it out, that's the end of it, you should not expect 95% of the people to cater to what 5% want. It's why it was left to the states, to allow the people to decide because it is not an issue the government should be meddling in.

exactly, state or federal, and definitely not other people deciding for the 5% either.

If it is not in the constitution it is specifically left to the states, what part of that dont you understand? That is the law, you dont have to like it, but it is the law.

oh, so all laws are ok by you? if not, wtf is your point?

That is personal safety.

Your freedom is protected by that media you hate so much. They are the ones who report crooked politicians, they are the ones who keep government in check, they are the ones who report on injustice and abuse of power

It is not done at the point of a gun

My freedom has and always will be protected by the military, the media does not protect my freedoms, they lie and manipulate the populace into believing the lies that the politicians want you to believe. There is no such thing as the press anymore, it's all controlled by the puppet masters in washington.
When has MSNBC or cnn or cbs ever reported Obamas background with Ayers and weather underground during his run up to election? You did not hear a peep, but if that had been a republican they would have run them through the ringers. It's apparent you put your faith in government and the media that covers for them. The media was in the bag for obama from the get go, and anyone who is not blind knows it, they dont report facts anymore, the report what is convenient to their agenda.
Soldiers protect our freedoms, not msnbc.

Yet, somehow, from SOME media source somewhere, you researched to come to your conclusion

"they lie and manipulate the populace into believing the lies that the politicians want you to believe. There is no such thing as the press anymore, it's all controlled by the puppet masters in washington."

how's that work
The mainstream media is what we are talking about here. I pay no attention to them, I get my sources elsewhere from private sector civilians who research and post, because the MSM fails to do so. Well, fox is almost on it from time to time, butt hey are the only ones. At least they are fair all the way around when it comes to dealing with the left on interviews.

What is your breaking point? Taking your guns? Taxing you more? Taking away your right to assemble? Freedom of speech? government corruption? I believe everyone has one and I am curious as to what the majority think. Personally mine is the freedom to bear arms as it is the last fail safe or line of defense in the event of a rogue government. Thank You for any input.

My indomitable will saves me from breaking points, however, when and IF, for any reason, I cannot have access to my computer, I have to kick that indomitable will into high gear.

I also have to do that when I see our Constitution being willfully violated to further a politician's ambitions which belie traditional American values.

yea, the law doesn't dictate what should and shouldn't be freedoms............what should and shouldnt be freedoms is what should dictate the law.

upholding some made-up societal pledge by law while disallowing same sex people to take the same phony pledge legally doesn't sound like freedom to me

DOMA is law.

in other words, all these cries of freedom and liberty are only cool where you see fit. I see I see how that works.

In other words, you are wrong and I proved as much. Clinton signed DOMA into law, Which in my opinion is a breach of liberty because the federal government has no authority there, but it is the law just the same even if I dont agree with it. Doesn't matter anyways, Obamas justice department is not enforcing it anyways. Another violation of their oath to uphold the laws of this country and another impeachable offense.

exactly, state or federal, and definitely not other people deciding for the 5% either.

If it is not in the constitution it is specifically left to the states, what part of that dont you understand? That is the law, you dont have to like it, but it is the law.

oh, so all laws are ok by you? if not, wtf is your point?

We are a nation of laws, and the moment you stop enforcing those laws, all hell will break loose, that is my point, you dont have to like the law, but if it's law you must abide by it. Sure there are laws I dont like, but I obey them just the same, because it is the law. If we want the law changed, we must elect representatives that will change those for us, we dont dictate as the messiah and the left has been doing the last three years leading some of you to believe that is how shit is done, it's not.
I'd like to be able to shoot 10 deer a year for my own and my families consumption, but the law does not allow that, so I dont.

Last edited:
oh boy, with the messiah hyperbole and shit. this is page....what? i dunno, 9? and you drag these childish platitudes out?

come on guy.

I'm done here.

oh boy, with the messiah hyperbole and shit. this is page....what? i dunno, 9? and you drag these childish platitudes out?

come on guy.

I'm done here.

Bye. Another one bites the dust.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNQRfBAzSzo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNQRfBAzSzo[/ame]
:)

Last edited:

come on guy.

I'm done here.

Bye. Another one bites the dust. :)

oh, gosh yea..........you know it took me 9 pages and all I was so scared and shook, etc.

No, I just like having adult discussions and I don't like when they devolve to the childish assed shit like "your messiah" and shit. I'm a grown assed man dude, I'm not your boy who you can just assume it's cool to talk to me like that. It aint. Conversation over, no loss to me.

come on guy.

I'm done here.

Bye. Another one bites the dust. :)

oh, gosh yea..........you know it took me 9 pages and all I was so scared and shook, etc.

No, I just like having adult discussions and I don't like when they devolve to the childish assed shit like "your messiah" and shit. I'm a grown assed man dude, I'm not your boy who you can just assume it's cool to talk to me like that. It aint. Conversation over, no loss to me.

Maybe if you spoke with substance instead of left wing talking points people would not have to stoop to a childish level. And you're right, you're not my boy, thank god. I dont chum around with big government nanny statists.

Yes, because talking shit to an armed intruder has saved more lives than shooting one.

That is personal safety.

Your freedom is protected by that media you hate so much. They are the ones who report crooked politicians, they are the ones who keep government in check, they are the ones who report on injustice and abuse of power

It is not done at the point of a gun

My freedom has and always will be protected by the military, the media does not protect my freedoms, they lie and manipulate the populace into believing the lies that the politicians want you to believe. There is no such thing as the press anymore, it's all controlled by the puppet masters in washington.
When has MSNBC or cnn or cbs ever reported Obamas background with Ayers and weather underground during his run up to election? You did not hear a peep, but if that had been a republican they would have run them through the ringers. It's apparent you put your faith in government and the media that covers for them. The media was in the bag for obama from the get go, and anyone who is not blind knows it, they dont report facts anymore, the report what is convenient to their agenda.
Soldiers protect our freedoms, not msnbc.

The military does not protect your freedoms and has not done so since 1815. The US is not in danger of being invaded by foreign powers who are going to come in and take away our freedoms. Dozens of countries around the world have little or no military forces yet are still....Free

Our biggest threats to our freedom come from within. One of the biggest threats was during the civil rights era when Americans were denied basic constitutional rights. The free press reporting on the injustice of civil rights abuses played a major role in assuring that freedom.

[
The military does not protect your freedoms and has not done so since 1815. The US is not in danger of being invaded by foreign powers who are going to come in and take away our freedoms. Dozens of countries around the world have little or no military forces yet are still....Free

Our biggest threats to our freedom come from within. One of the biggest threats was during the civil rights era when Americans were denied basic constitutional rights. The free press reporting on the injustice of civil rights abuses played a major role in assuring that freedom.

You're a short-sighted, naive fool.

[

You are a tool

Our military protects our international interests. It has more to do with ensuring profits than ensuring freedom

There will be no invading army marching down Main St taking away your freedom.

The whole owning a gun thing - I mean I really hope that noone has delusions of grandeur that you posess them for protection from the Government. That's ridiculous. What's a 9mm going to do against an unmanned bombing drone? aha

So true. Most people who own guns for these reasons will do nothing but get themselves killed when government comes to collect them. If the military knocks on your door to collect your guns then just give them up. Resistance has already failed and you will be fighting for nothing.

I would rather fight to my death for my constitutional rights than hand over my guns to a tyrannical government. If people are so willing to just hand them over then the people have failed the republic.

Fight to your death for a piece of paper? There are only two things that I will willingly lay down my life for.

1. A hostile invasion by a foreign country.

2. Someone trying to force me to denounce God.

I know you right wing freaks consider the Constitution to be as binding as the Bible and all, but it's not a holy relic.... it's a guideline of our government... not the 10 Commandments(it's not written in stone).

You aren't fighting for a piece of paper. You're fighting for your rights, the rights that make us equal.

The rights that protect the vulnerable and the weak, and which give us the liberty to succeed or fail on our own, and to worship as we please.

Those things aren't pieces of paper. They're the things that are needed to be human.

[

You are a tool

Our military protects our international interests. It has more to do with ensuring profits than ensuring freedom

There will be no invading army marching down Main St taking away your freedom.

Wow, you really are as fucking stupid as your posts have made you seem. Wow.

[

Fight to your death for a piece of paper? There are only two things that I will willingly lay down my life for.

I know you right wing freaks consider the Constitution to be as binding as the Bible and all,

You don't seem to really understand either one.

[

I know you right wing freaks consider the Constitution to be as binding as the Bible and all,

You don't seem to really understand either one.

riiiiight... because you say so... and you're an expert? Fuck off.

Forum List

Back