What is your breaking point?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Sirkarl101, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Sirkarl101

Sirkarl101 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30
    What is your breaking point? Taking your guns? Taxing you more? Taking away your right to assemble? Freedom of speech? government corruption? I believe everyone has one and I am curious as to what the majority think. Personally mine is the freedom to bear arms as it is the last fail safe or line of defense in the event of a rogue government. Thank You for any input.

2. Ringel05

Ringel05 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,471
    What is your breaking point?

Backwards it used to be at 25 degrees, now it's probably somewhere around 10 degrees........ the arms and legs have always been much less flexible......... except the left knee, but the surgeon fixed that after the skiing accident..........

3. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,073
    Most of the industrialized world is freer than we are and gun ownership is rare.

People who can only feel "free" if they own a gun have deep seated insecurities.

Guess what guy, the government will always have more guns, better guns and they will be better with them. And if the government ever feels the need to take you out, it will be to the cheers of your neighbors because you frighten the children.

[​IMG]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  4. WatertheTree

WatertheTree Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +167
    What does breaking point mean?

The point where you start to actually get involved in shaping your government?
    The point where you stand in the street and hold a sign?
    The point where you passively resist the system?
    The point where you actively resist the system?
    The point where criminal behavior becomes acceptable for the greater good?
    The point where violence turns into the solution??

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. G.T.

G.T. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,537
    The whole owning a gun thing - I mean I really hope that noone has delusions of grandeur that you posess them for protection from the Government. That's ridiculous. What's a 9mm going to do against an unmanned bombing drone? aha

But I believe in gun ownership for protection of one's self/home and family from criminals. Anyhoo, noone should be close to their breaking point as all of this "freedom loss" talk is typically hyperbole and not anything real. We have historically low taxes, there's no alcohol prohibition, there's no real institutionalized discrimination, you can protest, you can mock the sitting President freely online and outdoors, and anyone in Congress, etc.

You can release youtube propoganda videos all you want.
    You can be Alex Jones who pretends to expose how the Government is "out to get you!!" - meanwhile, he somehow continues to broadcast and get paid to do so.
    We have highly rated dissenting talk radio, news channels, etc.

It's mostly hyperbole.

Am I mad that they can detain someone who declares war on the US in the form of Jihad, despite their nationality? No. They always could, they just got more specific with the new bill so that noone was confused.

Am I mad that the TSA searches me before a plane ride? Hell to the mother fuck no, lol, I'm askurred to fly enough as it is, and if I was really all that bent out of shape about it I'd drive or take a boat instead. These things are really no big fucking deal to me.

The Government "monitors" the internet>? So fucking what! So do you and I!~ And they're the ones fitted with the job to stop terror plots, etc. and have done so many times over.

People need to get a fucking grip and think about what you've "really" lost by way of freedoms.

6. WatertheTree

WatertheTree Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +167
    So true. Most people who own guns for these reasons will do nothing but get themselves killed when government comes to collect them. If the military knocks on your door to collect your guns then just give them up. Resistance has already failed and you will be fighting for nothing.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  7. Douger

Douger BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +915
    Better dead than chained by a meathead.

8. G.T.

G.T. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,537
    what s0n? You dont stay and fight you cut & run and then complain about what you left. There's a word for that. :eusa_angel:

9. grunt11b

grunt11b VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +501
    The second amendment was placed into the constitution by the founders for that sole purpose, so that the citizens have a means to protect themselves from government. It has nothing to do with insecurities, it has everything to do with liberty. If the second amendment fails, so does the rest of your rights. Do you honestly think that if we did not have the second amendment that this government would not have run rough shod over us years ago? They would have.

10. grunt11b

grunt11b VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +501
    I would rather fight to my death for my constitutional rights than hand over my guns to a tyrannical government. If people are so willing to just hand them over then the people have failed the republic.