What Is Wrong With America ?

What's wrong with America? Marijuana prohibition.

The US squanders billions of dollars each year to arrest and incarcerate Americans for marijuana offenses, and then the US imports millions of dollars of hemp fibers from China.

The war on drugs is a forty-year-old, trillion-dollar-plus failure that was started by Richard Nixon after his special committee advised that marijuana should be legalized, and every President since then has escalated the drug war, especially under Democrats who have to do something so the salivating right-wing doesn't scream about how they're "soft on crime".

Marijuana isn't supposed to be a crime. It's a plant. It's a very useful plant that can make everything from t-shirts to computers to plastic cups to UAV drones. "....and God saw that it was good."

Legalize this plant again, America, and you will see a spiderweb effect on the global economy that benefits the world's working poor.

What's wrong with America? The BCS bowl system, the designated hitter rule, rap music, saggy pants, and weak beer.

Agreed, except for the DH. When i watch a ball game I want to see some hitting, balls bouncing around in the outfield, outfielders making good throws to the base, infielders making god catches and tags, baserunners doing their thing at top speed. In short, I want to see some action, not a chess game. Baseball is slow moving enough as it is.

In a nutshell, Americans are a bunch of spoiled infants addicted to wretched wasteful abundance and instant gratification. The only thing Americans are really the best in the world at is complaining.

How about saving other countries asses from Imperialist Japs, nutcase Nazis,, and even nuttier Islamist Jihadist loonies ?

What Is Wrong With America ?
Reactionary conservatives, for the most part.

Fearful rightists who disdain diversity, dissent, and expressions of individual liberty.

Every great civilization has been forced at some time to suffer the bane of fearful reactionary conservatives; fortunately as Americans we have the Constitution and its case law to protect citizens from the fear, ignorance, and hate common to most conservatives.

Diversity is generally a bad thing. Nothing like having a plumber show up at your door, and the guy can't speak English. Cab drivers are notorious too. I even knew of one company who had a security guard working for them and he couldn't speak, read or write a word of English. What could be dumber ?

NATION - a stable, historically developed community of people, with a territory, economic life, distinctive culture and language in common

We have strayed from the christian values this country was founded on. We are spoiled unlike the recent generations before us who's sacrifises forged this great nation. We are not thankful for what we have so we forsake it. We don't treasure our sovereignty; we give invaders the keys. We no longer believe that people should be held responsible for their actions; we no longer punish severly enough those who pray on others, but instead imprison millions for substance use - creating an anti productive class. We have been infiltrated by progressives who serve evil in the guise of compassion, and they have sold us out - convincing the masses that government has a duty to take care of them.

Government does have a duty to take care of AMERICANS who are elderly, disabled, and veterans. Governement does NOT have a duty to pay Mexico's (or any country's) poverty bill, and allow them to loot our economy by remittances, and loot our state treasuries via the anchor baby racket, and then fly a foreign country's flag on our soil.

Please be brief. I will briefly state that there probably are 100 things (or more) wrong with America, but I will state just one for now >>

America is too much run by rich people. Members of Congress, the President and Vice-President, and members of the Supreme Court are generally all rich people. What do they know about middle class, lower middle class, and poor people's lives ? How can they make decisions about things they have no experience with, or have long forgotten from years past ? When have these people ever been unemployed, and out looking for a job, with a wide variety of things being used against them ? (credit reports, smear talk from former employers often untrue, etc). The last time I applied for a job I was told I would never get hired because employers require RECENT employment in that job occupation (within last 2 years). There's probably a long list of ways people can be denied a job, that shouldn't exist, and don't make sense.

The president has been both unemployed and on food stamps.

CURRENTLY, the President gets $400,000/year (almost 10 times the US median income) + a $50,000/year expense account,and a whopper of a pension.

Please be brief. I will briefly state that there probably are 100 things (or more) wrong with America, but I will state just one for now >>

America is too much run by rich people. Members of Congress, the President and Vice-President, and members of the Supreme Court are generally all rich people. What do they know about middle class, lower middle class, and poor people's lives ? How can they make decisions about things they have no experience with, or have long forgotten from years past ? When have these people ever been unemployed, and out looking for a job, with a wide variety of things being used against them ? (credit reports, smear talk from former employers often untrue, etc). The last time I applied for a job I was told I would never get hired because employers require RECENT employment in that job occupation (within last 2 years). There's probably a long list of ways people can be denied a job, that shouldn't exist, and don't make sense.

The president has been both unemployed and on food stamps.

CURRENTLY, the President gets $400,000/year (almost 10 times the US median income) + a $50,000/year expense account,and a whopper of a pension.
Free health care and a platoon of no-restriction armed guards as well.
For life.

Why do people from Texas and Arizona hate Mexicans so much? They live in a city called El Paso and then tell brown people to learn English. No one thinks that's just slightly odd? Arizona is a Spanish interpretation derived from an Aztec word. When the entire state has a non-English name, isn't it just slightly stupid to think that diversity is bad?

Does anyone in Los Angeles or San Diego want to tell Mexicans to learn English? Or how about Milwaukee? Or Ohio? Or all of the other cities and states with names from the indigenous languages on this continent? Those damn Native Americans who crossed the border illegally need to learn English if they're going to live in white Christian America, right?

Allow me to offer one solution. How about having the Presidency, Congress, Court judges, and Agency officials not be paid (Anything). Have all the jobs done on a volunteer basis, and stop all money input in elections. And all one term only (eliminating the drive to be re-elected)

Nobel thoughts but likely not very helpful in combating the symptoms of megalomania.

Yeah....he can get a Nobel prize for those thoughts.

Well thank you, LL, but I'd rather have it in cold cash. Send it to USMB. They'll get it to me.

What is wrong with America?

Too many whiny pessimists who constantly look for what is wrong instead of showing some balls and offering solutions.

And YOUR solutions would be..........?

Good for you. My question, too. g5000 is up to the task, so maybe he will answer in a civil and articulate way since you have challenged him.

Balls and offering solutions doesn't work if you are over the age of 50 and looking for a job in this country, even if you have a body of 20+ years experience. In fact, that works against you. It's totally fucked.

Sure it was. The proof is overwhelming. Right?

Yup.

I honestly only remember the 2 George W Bush elections being rigged. The first by punch card ballots, and the second by computer vote flipping.

Orchestrated by Karl Rove and Tim Griffin. Griffin did such a good job he was rewarded with a U.S. Attorney job for Arkansas. Then when Monica Goodling and that weasel 'Fredo Gonzalez were put in the hot seat, Griffin resigned. Nobody pays attention to this anymore, so I'm glad you brought it up. The Bush REGIME was the worst since Nixon.

US Attorney Resigns Following Conyers’ Request for BBC Documents
Friday, June 1, 2007
Greg Palast | Investigative Reporter

Last edited:

Forum List

Back