What is up with young people not getting married?

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
I know this ain't necessarily a political issue but since the communist left is bent on destroying the family then it does. I see a lot of young people living together as if they are married. I can understand if you are going to get married in the future but it seems like they are living together like they are married. The question is why shouldn't they just get married if they are to have that kind of relationship? In my opinion a couple isn't exclusive until they are married or engage to be married. Up until that point anyone can come in and steal your girlfriend from you and it would be consider fair play. It isn't until they decide to get married that that kind of thing is seen as immoral. A ring usually scares off any other suitor that comes along. I know their is the argument that it is the same but it isn't because of that one thing. When MAN and a WOMAN (emphasized on purpose) decide to get married it is a message to the community that these two are off the market and threats to the relationship itself is removed (theoretically). That is the whole purpose of getting married. It is is to tell everyone else that they can't ever ever ever have the other.

Let's see... a guy can "steal your girl"

Or you can lose your girl AND half of your worldly possessions...

Fidelity does not require State Approval. If anyone should get that, you should. Marriage has a lot of baggage associated with it. Go to Sweden where the parents are together but never married. That is your signpost.

Personally, I will die after being married to only one woman but that was my plan, and hers - death before divorce. Sometimes people get lucky that way.

Forum List

Back