What Is Up With Willfully Ignorant White People?

How do you expect us white people to answer your question since we are predetermined to be ignorant?

I didnt say all white people calm down sheesh. I mean I expect you to answer a question no matter what I predetermined anyone to be. Unless that has something to do with your ability to answer a question...thats not really there in the first place

I mean if you asked me if blacks make less than whites, I may answer based on the assumption you were talking about collectively or I might answer based upon the assumption you were talking about similarly situated people in the same job at the same employer. For some, inconvenient nuance is ignorance I suppose.

Yeah but we arent talking about nuance here...Its a simple question without qualifications

No it is not a simple question. There is a lot of nuance because different people will answer it based on different interpretations of what you are asking. It is how many pollsters try to gild the lily they are hoping for.

True, but even if people answered it differently based on their interpretation the majority of white people all interpreted the same as "blacks are paid the same as whites" and other questions.

People are usually paid by companies and corporations according to their value to the company or corporation.

And government should be the employer of last resort, and pay benefits according to an individuals value to he nation.

Looking for solutions is more productive than looking for problems, and solutions usually come from within.
I'd have to disagree with that. Solutions hardly ever come from within. They are always the result of some outside knowledge or prompting. Basically you do what you know. You dont magically know to apply for a grant to help pay for college unless someone tells you that this grant exists.. Thats why viscous cycles exist.

Still depending on someone else even to inform you that grants are available. You lack even the initiative to look for yourself. Sad.
You dont lack initiative if you dont look for something you are unaware even exists. Exactly how stupid are you?
Who is at fault if an individual, black, white or any other race, is unaware that hard work, punctuality, self-discipline, sobriety and sexual restraint are the tickets OUT of poverty?

Bush?

Open your eyes and your mind. I said that your business is your business and my business is my business. It is not my place or desire to advise you nor to either help you or hinder you. You are responsible for you and I am responsible for me. Is that hard for you to comprehend? The problem is that you Blacks tend to want whites to take interest in your affairs.

Your analysis of the issue is way off track. Whites act as if they were appointed the position of dictating to Blacks what they should and should not do. I have maintained you simply need to get out of the way with your insecurities and racism. I dont know a Black person alive that is concerned with what whites think about Black problems. They are annoyed you wont mind your business.

Really? Then why all the posts concerning the plight or imagined plight of the Blacks on this forum? Why must I get out of the way for you to succeed? More excuses. If you were going to succeed, you would do so in spite of me. The other races have done so, why can't you Blacks?
Really. What threads are you talking about? I've never seen a thread from a Black person asking for white peoples help.

Why must you get out of the way? Thats a pretty dumb question unless you think I am specifically talking about you. I'm referring to the reality that whites own the resources and the systems that govern them which makes it inherently racist. What other races have succeeded that has the history of racism and slavery that Blacks due in this country? In spite of everything Blacks have actually succeeded more than other races.

Why don't you own some of the resources? The whites had the initiative and desire to take them. You lack that initiative? It's not the fault of the whites that you have no ambitions. Look inward. YOU are the problem for your own plight. You have never been a slave either.

Great example of white boy denial logic and lack of intelligence. Probably because my ancestors were enslaved and not allowed to own resources for centuries and subsequent Jim Crow and other racist polices official and unofficial kept this from happening as well. Have you actually looked into the history of racism in this country?

Glad to see you admit your ancestors stole the resources and you have no remorse for being a thief and a beneficiary of 400 years of "initiative"..
Get over it.

Millions of successful blacks already have.

Just my observance of the issue. Everyone has a perspective. Everyone has their own trials and tribulations and to them those trials and tribulations are the most pressing no matter how trivial they may be in reality. It takes intelligence to step away and see things from another perspective. That is the only reason I have not written off white people completely. I have been able to meet some that are intelligent.

Indeed, everyone has their own trials and tribulations. Your trials and tribulations are not mine to deal with as mine are not yours to deal with. Each individual's life is one of choice. It is an individual's own choice whether to be poor or to be wealthy. It is one's own choice whether to go to school and obtain an education or to drop out of school. It is one's choice whether to start a business or to not start a business. If one depends upon either the government or anyone else to secure one's success, one is a fool. You are what you are dependent upon the choices you made yourself.

While I agree with most of your post, I have to call BS on others. If you are questioning or trying to give me advice on my trials or tribulations then you just made it your issue to deal with since you are the one that decided to stick your nose into it. Following that, if you feel my trials and tribulations are basically the same as yours then the OP has you pegged.

Open your eyes and your mind. I said that your business is your business and my business is my business. It is not my place or desire to advise you nor to either help you or hinder you. You are responsible for you and I am responsible for me. Is that hard for you to comprehend? The problem is that you Blacks tend to want whites to take interest in your affairs.

Your analysis of the issue is way off track. Whites act as if they were appointed the position of dictating to Blacks what they should and should not do. I have maintained you simply need to get out of the way with your insecurities and racism. I dont know a Black person alive that is concerned with what whites think about Black problems. They are annoyed you wont mind your business.
Would minding our business include cutting off welfare and letting you people work it out?

I mean, 150+ years after the Freedmen's Bureau, blacks don't have much to show for being wards of the state, do they?

Since white people are the main ones on welfare that has nothing to do with Black people so go ahead and stop paying your taxes. I dont mind. That means that all Black people stop paying for your welfare too.

Blacks have never been wards of the state. Its more like we survived despite whites attempts to make us go away via Jim Crow and now the Prison Industrial Complex. When are white people simply going to stop needing extra help to keep their positions of economic superiority?

Looking for solutions is more productive than looking for problems, and solutions usually come from within.
I'd have to disagree with that. Solutions hardly ever come from within. They are always the result of some outside knowledge or prompting. Basically you do what you know. You dont magically know to apply for a grant to help pay for college unless someone tells you that this grant exists.. Thats why viscous cycles exist.

Still depending on someone else even to inform you that grants are available. You lack even the initiative to look for yourself. Sad.
You dont lack initiative if you dont look for something you are unaware even exists. Exactly how stupid are you?
Who is at fault if an individual, black, white or any other race, is unaware that hard work, punctuality, self-discipline, sobriety and sexual restraint are the tickets OUT of poverty?

Bush?
What does that have to do with my point? Are you failing to read along or just trying to divert?

Really? Then why all the posts concerning the plight or imagined plight of the Blacks on this forum? Why must I get out of the way for you to succeed? More excuses. If you were going to succeed, you would do so in spite of me. The other races have done so, why can't you Blacks?
Really. What threads are you talking about? I've never seen a thread from a Black person asking for white peoples help.

Why must you get out of the way? Thats a pretty dumb question unless you think I am specifically talking about you. I'm referring to the reality that whites own the resources and the systems that govern them which makes it inherently racist. What other races have succeeded that has the history of racism and slavery that Blacks due in this country? In spite of everything Blacks have actually succeeded more than other races.

Why don't you own some of the resources? The whites had the initiative and desire to take them. You lack that initiative? It's not the fault of the whites that you have no ambitions. Look inward. YOU are the problem for your own plight. You have never been a slave either.

Great example of white boy denial logic and lack of intelligence. Probably because my ancestors were enslaved and not allowed to own resources for centuries and subsequent Jim Crow and other racist polices official and unofficial kept this from happening as well. Have you actually looked into the history of racism in this country?

Glad to see you admit your ancestors stole the resources and you have no remorse for being a thief and a beneficiary of 400 years of "initiative"..

Didn't say the whites stole them. I said they took them. Black never even fought against the whites in this country. You aren't even mau mau.
Thats what stealing is. You take something that is not yours.

Nat Turner says different.

Whites just vastly outnumbered Blacks in this country plus they had the weapons. i wouldn't exactly be proud of your ability to knock down a Black rebellion under those circumstances. Sad that you actually think that makes you superior. It just makes you a coward.
They didn't vastly outnumber blacks in most of the South.

Fact is, slavery was not onerous enough to generate mass rebellion, though there were rebellions against unusually cruel slaveowners.

Get over it.

Thats not the point. Millions of unsuccessful Blacks have not.

Indeed, everyone has their own trials and tribulations. Your trials and tribulations are not mine to deal with as mine are not yours to deal with. Each individual's life is one of choice. It is an individual's own choice whether to be poor or to be wealthy. It is one's own choice whether to go to school and obtain an education or to drop out of school. It is one's choice whether to start a business or to not start a business. If one depends upon either the government or anyone else to secure one's success, one is a fool. You are what you are dependent upon the choices you made yourself.

While I agree with most of your post, I have to call BS on others. If you are questioning or trying to give me advice on my trials or tribulations then you just made it your issue to deal with since you are the one that decided to stick your nose into it. Following that, if you feel my trials and tribulations are basically the same as yours then the OP has you pegged.

Would minding our business include cutting off welfare and letting you people work it out?

I mean, 150+ years after the Freedmen's Bureau, blacks don't have much to show for being wards of the state, do they?

Since white people are the main ones on welfare that has nothing to do with Black people so go ahead and stop paying your taxes. I dont mind. That means that all Black people stop paying for your welfare too.

Blacks have never been wards of the state. Its more like we survived despite whites attempts to make us go away via Jim Crow and now the Prison Industrial Complex. When are white people simply going to stop needing extra help to keep their positions of economic superiority?
Dumbass, more whites are on welfare because there are more whites.

What percentage of each race is on welfare?

That would tell a tale, no?

Didn't say the whites stole them. I said they took them. Black never even fought against the whites in this country. You aren't even mau mau.
Thats what stealing is. You take something that is not yours.

Nat Turner says different.

Whites just vastly outnumbered Blacks in this country plus they had the weapons. i wouldn't exactly be proud of your ability to knock down a Black rebellion under those circumstances. Sad that you actually think that makes you superior. It just makes you a coward.
They didn't vastly outnumber blacks in most of the South.

Fact is, slavery was not onerous enough to generate mass rebellion, though there were rebellions against unusually cruel slaveowners.
Thats not a fact. Thats your misguided opinion.

Get over it.

By lack of personal qualities and for no other reason.

Look, I taught in mainly black rural ghetto schools, 95% free lunch, and I have seen too many people get out of poverty in spite of a mediocre to poor educational system to buy the "whitey traps me in poverty bullshit".

Dumbass I dont care why there are more whites. The point is that there are more. So go ahead and cut off welfare. You are a moron. :laugh:

Get over it.

The Talented Tenth does do their best to keep their brothers and sisters in bondage.

No matter who or what you are, you are likely to occasionally fall victim to looking at the world through a very specific lens. Such is anyone’s right, and ultimately, our experiences are our experiences. However, with a certain level of knowledge and an equal measure of maturity should come one realization: It isn’t all about you, thus, when judging a collective issue, you have to see all sides. And when it comes to topics like race, or better yet, racism, if you’re White, I would like to think you’d entertain the thought of looking outside yourself before trying to gauge such matters. After all, you’re White, you’ve got everything else more often than not. Such a task shouldn’t be considered all that taxing.

And yet, Washington Post reporter Michael A. Fletcher makes an important point in his piece, “Whites Think Discrimination Against Whites Is a Bigger Problem Than bias against Blacks,” where he examines White perceptions of racial disparity and how they “diverge far from reality.” He bases his analysis on colleague Russell Samuels’ report on the clueless White residents of Ferguson who had no idea that racism was considered a problem in the region by its Black inhabitants. Fletcher also points to research conducted by Harvard University professor Michael I. Norton.

Here, Fletcher examines some of the data:

For instance, two-thirds of Blacks think that African Americans make less money than Whites, a view in line with official statistics. But just 37 percent of Whites believe that Blacks make less money than Whites, and a narrow majority think Black and White’ incomes are about the same. Also, although many objective health measures suggest Blacks are in worse overall health than Whites, a majority of Whites think Blacks and Whites are equally healthy.

So it is no surprise that just 16 percent of Whites believe that there is “a lot” of discrimination in America today, a view held by 56 percent of Blacks. What may be surprising is that the polls found that White perceptions of anti-Black bias have diminished to the point where they are more now likely to think anti-White discrimination is a bigger problem than bias against Blacks.

On what planet is discrimination against White folks a larger problem than racial bias against Blacks?

Planet Vanilla where Bill O’Reilly (pictured) and company on FOX News are apparently racial scholars. Likewise, on a pop culture level,Miley Cyrus invented the twerk and cornrows never existed prior toKendall Jenner. I also imagine that on this planet, consuming diary isn’t a double dare to your stomach to turn up. It sounds like a lovely place to live if you’re White, but we’re not all so lucky so perhaps these White folks who think they lead more challenging lives due to their race than Black people might fly back to Earth with the rest of us.

Even on an anecdotal level, I noticed on social media that when images of Ferguson protestors burning American flags surfaced, the focus was on the loss of cloth and symbolism as opposed to actual life. It was not surprising but no less telling. Flag burning is a sensitive topic – one that will never stop being controversial – but if in 2014 you still cannot understand why so many Black people are frustrated, you are being purposely stupid.

Right around the time those images surfaced, a study came out that Black teenagers are 21 more times likely to be shot by police than White ones. And the study, “Deadly Force In Black and White,” clearly shows that there are no gray areas here. And yet, I’m sure there will be many who try to deny the presence of racism.

Already I can anticipate some of the e-mails I’ll get in response to this article. It happens every single time I discuss racism and the loss of Black life. I’m called a race-baiter and am accused of “hating Whites.” Actually, I hate everyone equally, but I will speak on a racist reality that beats me over the head repeatedly. You see, I don’t have the privilege of being clueless. My race precludes me from leading a life with blinders. If only others in much loftier positions would accept this is the case for millions and develop an outlook on race that denotes such.

*Now I'm sure white people will see the title and come in with Guns blazing which is to be expected by the title BUT the information in the article is correct and cannot be challenged. Let the crying begin....Up first...Matthew
I am so sick of the whole race thing.

Here, we just call each other sir and ma'am, and go about our business.

Until the racebaiters chime in, we never even think of race.

What heritage or culture does your family come from? The answer doesnt matter but ask yourself this:

Would you give up your culture, pride in that culture etc just because someone outside of your family thinks you should?

The answer is no...So why do you expect a black person to give up theirs because you dont like it

Dumbass I dont care why there are more whites. The point is that there are more. So go ahead and cut off welfare. You are a moron. :laugh:
I don't care if white trash die in the streets for lack of personal ambition.

I want the welfare cut off for them too.

They do nothing for this nation.

And you name calling and little emoticons are so fuckin' third grade.

Grow up, boy.

Get over it.

By lack of personal qualities and for no other reason.

Look, I taught in mainly black rural ghetto schools, 95% free lunch, and I have seen too many people get out of poverty in spite of a mediocre to poor educational system to buy the "whitey traps me in poverty bullshit".
Bull shit. Because of the cycle caused by white racism. I dont give a fuck where you taught. You dont know what you are talking about. You didnt live the life. You got to go home to your white world and validate your feelings of superiority. I lived the life. I know what it took for me to be successful and it was a string of lucky events. Most Black people in the inner city dont get what I was lucky enough to get.

No matter who or what you are, you are likely to occasionally fall victim to looking at the world through a very specific lens. Such is anyone’s right, and ultimately, our experiences are our experiences. However, with a certain level of knowledge and an equal measure of maturity should come one realization: It isn’t all about you, thus, when judging a collective issue, you have to see all sides. And when it comes to topics like race, or better yet, racism, if you’re White, I would like to think you’d entertain the thought of looking outside yourself before trying to gauge such matters. After all, you’re White, you’ve got everything else more often than not. Such a task shouldn’t be considered all that taxing.

And yet, Washington Post reporter Michael A. Fletcher makes an important point in his piece, “Whites Think Discrimination Against Whites Is a Bigger Problem Than bias against Blacks,” where he examines White perceptions of racial disparity and how they “diverge far from reality.” He bases his analysis on colleague Russell Samuels’ report on the clueless White residents of Ferguson who had no idea that racism was considered a problem in the region by its Black inhabitants. Fletcher also points to research conducted by Harvard University professor Michael I. Norton.

Here, Fletcher examines some of the data:

For instance, two-thirds of Blacks think that African Americans make less money than Whites, a view in line with official statistics. But just 37 percent of Whites believe that Blacks make less money than Whites, and a narrow majority think Black and White’ incomes are about the same. Also, although many objective health measures suggest Blacks are in worse overall health than Whites, a majority of Whites think Blacks and Whites are equally healthy.

So it is no surprise that just 16 percent of Whites believe that there is “a lot” of discrimination in America today, a view held by 56 percent of Blacks. What may be surprising is that the polls found that White perceptions of anti-Black bias have diminished to the point where they are more now likely to think anti-White discrimination is a bigger problem than bias against Blacks.

On what planet is discrimination against White folks a larger problem than racial bias against Blacks?

Planet Vanilla where Bill O’Reilly (pictured) and company on FOX News are apparently racial scholars. Likewise, on a pop culture level,Miley Cyrus invented the twerk and cornrows never existed prior toKendall Jenner. I also imagine that on this planet, consuming diary isn’t a double dare to your stomach to turn up. It sounds like a lovely place to live if you’re White, but we’re not all so lucky so perhaps these White folks who think they lead more challenging lives due to their race than Black people might fly back to Earth with the rest of us.

Even on an anecdotal level, I noticed on social media that when images of Ferguson protestors burning American flags surfaced, the focus was on the loss of cloth and symbolism as opposed to actual life. It was not surprising but no less telling. Flag burning is a sensitive topic – one that will never stop being controversial – but if in 2014 you still cannot understand why so many Black people are frustrated, you are being purposely stupid.

Right around the time those images surfaced, a study came out that Black teenagers are 21 more times likely to be shot by police than White ones. And the study, “Deadly Force In Black and White,” clearly shows that there are no gray areas here. And yet, I’m sure there will be many who try to deny the presence of racism.

Already I can anticipate some of the e-mails I’ll get in response to this article. It happens every single time I discuss racism and the loss of Black life. I’m called a race-baiter and am accused of “hating Whites.” Actually, I hate everyone equally, but I will speak on a racist reality that beats me over the head repeatedly. You see, I don’t have the privilege of being clueless. My race precludes me from leading a life with blinders. If only others in much loftier positions would accept this is the case for millions and develop an outlook on race that denotes such.

*Now I'm sure white people will see the title and come in with Guns blazing which is to be expected by the title BUT the information in the article is correct and cannot be challenged. Let the crying begin....Up first...Matthew
I am so sick of the whole race thing.

Here, we just call each other sir and ma'am, and go about our business.

Until the racebaiters chime in, we never even think of race.

What heritage or culture does your family come from? The answer doesnt matter but ask yourself this:

Would you give up your culture, pride in that culture etc just because someone outside of your family thinks you should?

The answer is no...So why do you expect a black person to give up theirs because you dont like it
You like a culture responsible for most of the murder and abortion in this country?

That's a thing to be proud of?

I don't care if white trash die in the streets for lack of personal ambition.

I want the welfare cut off for them too.

They do nothing for this nation.

And you name calling and little emoticons are so fuckin' third grade.

Grow up, boy.
I didnt ask if you cared. i pointed out your solution of cutting off welfare doesnt bother me since whites are going to be affected as well. You called me a name first so you can kiss my ass 1rst grader. You call me a name and I certainly wont refrain from calling you one.

Last edited:

Get over it.

The Talented Tenth does do their best to keep their brothers and sisters in bondage.
I guess thats why they are so invested in educating everyone. What a dummy you are!

Forum List

Back