Racism = Ignorance

One of the problems we face is that maximum physical differences among people coincide with maximum conformity instincts at the same chronological age (i.e., teenagers), which is compounded by sexual and other social complexities. Same sex schools, although politically incorrect, can mitigate this problem, especially if uniforms are required. It is too bad that teachers unions are among the most vocal opponents of this approach.

One of the problems we face is that maximum physical differences among people coincide with maximum conformity instincts at the same chronological age (i.e., teenagers), which is compounded by sexual and other social complexities. Same sex schools, although politically incorrect, can mitigate this problem, especially if uniforms are required. It is too bad that teachers unions are among the most vocal opponents of this approach.

Pretty sure racism exists in countries with gender separation and school uniforms. :) Racism's a global phenomenae and not easy to nail down the most responsible contributing factors. Even in monoethnic cultures like Africa you get ethnic bias and conflict with all-black groups persecuting minority ethnicities from different tribes and traditions and the like. Seems like we always manage to find something to persecute others for be it skin color, ethnicity, religious affiliation, tribe, etc. Even Native Americans before European invasion warred with each other.

Place to start though as ever, is education and communications. With internet, cable tv, and the ability to see how other people live in other locales, anything that doesn't ring true will be found out. I think we're doing ok in the US though. Have yet to hear anything from the kids around here amounting to racist rhetoric or bias. Was struck recently when some of the kids referenced my being bisexual (which I'd thought I'd kept under wraps pretty well) trying to fix me up with some guy. More surprising than the revelation I'm evidently 'out' was these kids don't have the problems with it we did when their age a generation ago. Gives me hope.

Ignorance and fear manifests as racism.

That clears it all up. I wish that I could see the world in such a simplistic way and be satisfied with reducing issues to one or two sound-byte quality conclusory statements. I imagine that if I possessed such a talent as yours I could live quite the happy and carefree life. Everything would be simplified.

What's color's a polar bear?

Polar Bears Polar Bear Pictures Polar Bear Facts - National Geographic

So is racism objecting to the color of someone's skin sensible? How do you know what you think you know is really reality?
Racism has more to do with believed superiority. The insecure group is frightened about their place in the world and it leads them to develop systems based on race that benefit them (the supposedly superior race) and oppresses other (supposedly inferior) races. The fact that escapes the supposedly superior race is that if they were actually superior they would not need devised systems to elevate themselves at the expense of others. IOW it exposes them as decidedly inferior.

Pretty sure racism exists in countries with gender separation and school uniforms. :) Racism's a global phenomenae and not easy to nail down the most responsible contributing factors. Even in monoethnic cultures like Africa you get ethnic bias and conflict with all-black groups persecuting minority ethnicities from different tribes and traditions and the like. Seems like we always manage to find something to persecute others for be it skin color, ethnicity, religious affiliation, tribe, etc. Even Native Americans before European invasion warred with each other.

Place to start though as ever, is education and communications. With internet, cable tv, and the ability to see how other people live in other locales, anything that doesn't ring true will be found out. I think we're doing ok in the US though. Have yet to hear anything from the kids around here amounting to racist rhetoric or bias. Was struck recently when some of the kids referenced my being bisexual (which I'd thought I'd kept under wraps pretty well) trying to fix me up with some guy. More surprising than the revelation I'm evidently 'out' was these kids don't have the problems with it we did when their age a generation ago. Gives me hope.

If you could set aside your reflexive oppositionalism for a moment, we might get somewhere. I said same sex schools can mitigate some of these problems, not eliminate all racism throughout the world. Paradoxically, you go on to concede that education is a place to start. Was it my criticism of teachers unions that set you off?

Forum List

Back