CDZ What is "traditional marriage"?

Traditions stand the test of time.

Marriage today is not what traditional marriage was a century ago. It isn't even what marriage was half a century ago. Marriage has evolved and continues to evolve. That is indisputable fact.

Yes, and in this country it has been between Male/Female.

That is no longer true in 37 of the 50 states.

Sounds like winning a battle, the war is TRADITIONALLY the goal.

The war will be over in July when the SCOTUS upholds the 14th Amendment and all citizens will have their equal rights under the Constitution granted in the matter of same sex marriage.

Of course it's not the same........DUH!

Same sex marriage you have two people of the same sex, heterosexual marriage you have one man and one woman....no need to feel special because you knew that all along.......I'm sure everyone else did, too!:D

It's not that anyone is trying to make them the same......they're just trying to make them.....in areas where some are still fighting it.

Oh, but they are. The question really is why? The demographic groups are completely different. To argue that is stoopid.
No, they are not. Homosexuals marrying homosexuals will remain homosexuals and heterosexuals will remain heterosexuals, marriage doesn't change who they are. What those who do not oppose same sex marriages want is to allow homosexuals to have the same rights when married as do heterosexuals.
And that is the reason why. Right now, homosexuals may be living together but they don't get the same rights that heterosexuals marriages get.

What we need is a institution that celebrates that difference while leaving traditional alone.
And what is that supposed to be? What is it about marriage that you feel is going to change if homosexuals are allowed to get married? What is going to change that affects you or your marriage?

^^^^ that makes everybody happy. But we don't want that do we? Making sense does not allow this to be a wedge issue does it?
I don't what "that" is. An institution meaning what? Why does it matter that they call it "marriage"? "Marriage" is just a word, and many heterosexuals drag it (their marriages) through the mud, why doesn't that bother you?

Marriage is an institution that unites opposites. Not sames.
Okay, that is the way it has been for a while, but it used to be an institution that united only "white" couples, and that changed. Then it was an institution that did not accept interracial couples getting married, but it changed. It is not in stone, apparently since so many states have already passed laws authorizing it.

In this case the uniting of opposites can, and often does supply the world with the MOST important thing required for humanity to exist.
That is such an antiquated concept. Heterosexual couples that are infertile have turned to in vitro fertilization, surrogates, adoption and whatever means they can use to have children. It's not like humans are going to become extinct because homosexuals can't reproduce with each other.......but they can use their sperm to create a child "in vitro", and female couples can get inseminated with donor sperm....there's many ways.

Besides, I'm sure there are plenty of families that more than make up for it.

Opposite gender coupling is a requirement, same sex coupling.......Not so much, in fact, not at all.
A requirement under what law? Some states have already shown that it is okay.
I understand you feel that it should remain the way it is, you don't like change, and somehow you think that it is going to affect you and your marriage....I don't see it the same way.

These facts are absolute.
Your facts are changing all over America......might as well get used to it, or you're going to remain very angry.

Traditions stand the test of time.

Marriage today is not what traditional marriage was a century ago. It isn't even what marriage was half a century ago. Marriage has evolved and continues to evolve. That is indisputable fact.

The war will be over in July when the SCOTUS upholds the 14th Amendment and all citizens will have their equal rights under the Constitution granted in the matter of same sex marriage.

If true the war ended during the time luddy pointed out, right. Or was that a battle?

Love that you had to put quotes around marriage.

Kinda like, but not the same

Kinda like being in a same sex marriage is "kinda like", but NOT at all the same as being in a opposing sex marriage.

Been my argument all along.

Having a CDL is kinda like having a pilots license, but we don't allow truck drivers to fly airliners.

Same sex marriage you have two people of the same sex, heterosexual marriage you have one man and one woman....no need to feel special because you knew that all along.......I'm sure everyone else did, too!:D

It's not that anyone is trying to make them the same......they're just trying to make them.....in areas where some are still fighting it.

Oh, but they are. The question really is why? The demographic groups are completely different. To argue that is stoopid.
No, they are not. Homosexuals marrying homosexuals will remain homosexuals and heterosexuals will remain heterosexuals, marriage doesn't change who they are. What those who do not oppose same sex marriages want is to allow homosexuals to have the same rights when married as do heterosexuals.
And that is the reason why. Right now, homosexuals may be living together but they don't get the same rights that heterosexuals marriages get.

What we need is a institution that celebrates that difference while leaving traditional alone.
And what is that supposed to be? What is it about marriage that you feel is going to change if homosexuals are allowed to get married? What is going to change that affects you or your marriage?

^^^^ that makes everybody happy. But we don't want that do we? Making sense does not allow this to be a wedge issue does it?
I don't what "that" is. An institution meaning what? Why does it matter that they call it "marriage"? "Marriage" is just a word, and many heterosexuals drag it (their marriages) through the mud, why doesn't that bother you?

Okay, that is the way it has been for a while, but it used to be an institution that united only "white" couples, and that changed. Then it was an institution that did not accept interracial couples getting married, but it changed. It is not in stone, apparently since so many states have already passed laws authorizing it.

In this case the uniting of opposites can, and often does supply the world with the MOST important thing required for humanity to exist.
That is such an antiquated concept. Heterosexual couples that are infertile have turned to in vitro fertilization, surrogates, adoption and whatever means they can use to have children. It's not like humans are going to become extinct because homosexuals can't reproduce with each other.......but they can use their sperm to create a child "in vitro", and female couples can get inseminated with donor sperm....there's many ways.

Opposite gender coupling is a requirement, same sex coupling.......Not so much, in fact, not at all.
I understand you feel that it should remain the way it is, you don't like change, and somehow you think that it is going to affect you and your marriage....I don't see it the same way.

Your facts are changing all over America......might as well get used to it, or you're going to remain very angry.

I see you hope that I'm angry. Not at all. No matter how this battle ends, and it is simply that, I come out OK.

Now we'll deal with your anger. History has shown these foolish concept last for very short periods of time, then it's back to reality.

How long do you think it lasts this time?

If true the war ended during the time luddy pointed out, right. Or was that a battle?

You mean in the time since the first recorded marriage, 4000 years ago in Mesopotamia?

History has shown these foolish concept last for very short periods of time, then it's back to reality.

Interracial marriage is no longer happening?

News flash, they are male/female, as per tradition.

News flash, there have been same-sex marriages recorded since the 13th century and of course, the whole "one man/one woman" thing is pure fiction.

Besides, how do you know all interracial marriages have been male/female?

:link::link::link::link::link:

You mean in the time since the first recorded marriage, 4000 years ago in Mesopotamia?

No, since the last time same sex "marriage" was legitimized by a government.

History has shown these foolish concept last for very short periods of time, then it's back to reality.

News flash, there have been same-sex marriages recorded since the 13th century and of course, the whole "one man/one woman" thing is pure fiction.

Not in this country and recognized by this government.

Or do you think the SCOTUS will rule on ancient civilizations?

I see you hope that I'm angry. Not at all. No matter how this battle ends, and it is simply that, I come out OK.

Now we'll deal with your anger. History has shown these foolish concept last for very short periods of time, then it's back to reality.

You're absolutely correct. You DO "come out ok" because marriage equality has no effect on you UNLESS you or your partner are gay.

However, as shown in previous links, you are incorrect that "History has shown these foolish concept last for very short periods of time, then it's back to reality."

In fact, it shows just the opposite.

You're absolutely correct. You DO "come out ok" because marriage equality has no effect on you UNLESS you or your partner are gay.

However, as shown in previous links, you are incorrect that "History has shown these foolish concept last for very short periods of time, then it's back to reality."

If you're reading my reply, you can thank opposite sex coupling.

Then you should be able to post a link proving what you said - that all interracial marriages have been male/female.

Over 200 years and none in the United States of America says different

Then you should be able to post a link proving what you said - that all interracial marriages have been male/female.

I never said that. But fantasize all you want that I did.

Which does not change history or that marriage equality does not have any effect on you.

You are willfully ignorant, utterly stuck in ignorant cement. You have been proven wrong on every point you have posted and your answer is always the same - some idiotic non sequitur.

And you have yet to post even one link that proves the OP link is incorrect.

Over 200 years and none in the United States of America says different

Wrong again. Here's more than 400 years of US history and, in not even one instance, did the law go back to what it was before.

Not once.

traditional-marriage-includes-1691-whites-only-1724-blacks-with-permission-of-slave-owner-1769-the-wife-is-property-1899-pol_zpsd97dd227.jpg

Which does not change history or that marriage equality does not have any effect on you.

You are willfully ignorant, utterly stuck in ignorant cement. You have been proven wrong on every point you have posted and your answer is always the same - some idiotic non sequitur.

And you have yet to post even one link that proves the OP link is incorrect.

Upset much?

Puleeeseee

Forum List

Back