Zone1 What is the Soul of America

This is sorta biblical. When God wants to destroy a nation he withholds wisdom from its leaders. I think we all see that with the dems. Those are some stupid remarks and easily checked and readily recognized as illegal/unconstitutional. Schumer must have been near insane with rage to have said something like that. These are folk we do not want sitting in seats of power and influence.
So you say when God wants to destroy a nation he withholds wisdom from it's leaders.

Yet you support trump. The most unwise man there is and want him back in power. So you want to destroy America.

So you say when God wants to destroy a nation he withholds wisdom from it's leaders.

Yet you support trump. The most unwise man there is and want him back in power. So you want to destroy America.
you, unfortunately have had your discernment and wisdom withheld as a supporter of evil. A clue would be that you support a party who supports the killing of the unborn...but you don't see that. Even one of the representative of the party of evil has said he cannot be bought. So. What i have said is truth.

I don't think we need to overthink this—we have a Mission Statement, and it includes the basic truth upon which this nation is founded.

[T]hat all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

The author was not the first to ever state those words, but ours is the first nation to ever stake its existence upon them. We also have not always been perfect in implementing them, but our goal should always be to do our best to educate ourselves in their best practices, and then defend those practices so that the most amount of people here enjoy the most amount of their unalienable Rights as possible.

In this way, we will never be (and should never claim ourselves as) perfect, but we should always be pushing to become, as the same author stated, "more perfect."

That's what I see as the soul of our nation.

I don't think we need to overthink this—we have a Mission Statement, and it includes the basic truth upon which this nation is founded.

The author was not the first to ever state those words, but ours is the first nation to ever stake its existence upon them. We also have not always been perfect in implementing them, but our goal should always be to do our best to educate ourselves in their best practices, and then defend those practices so that the most amount of people here enjoy the most amount of their unalienable Rights as possible.

In this way, we will never be (and should never claim ourselves as) perfect, but we should always be pushing to become, as the same author stated, "more perfect."

That's what I see as the soul of our nation.
That basic truth has never been achieved. They didn't believe that truth when they wrote it.

What is the Soul of America? Joe Biden is going to give a speech tomorrow night on the battle for the Soul of America; what exactly does that mean? I think one might define the Soul of America as the fundamental character or spirit of our collective citizens. IMHO it is the common values, principles, and morality that most of us share. I believe that most of us want equal opportunity and impartial justice, and I also think that most of us are not satisfied with the current status of either ideal. In most cases, we agree on the problem, but we disagree on what to do about it. The solutions and policies that are proposed by the two major political parties are almost polar opposites. What we differ on is politics and policies, and that has jack squat to do with anybody's soul.
The soul of this country is a rainbow.

A country had no soul only people do. The thread is doa

That is true. It's kinda a figure of speech though, meant to portray himself as a humble, caring person for this country and it's people. It is meant to engender positive feelings and support for Biden in this case, who is trying to appear to be a selfless, warm-hearted person who only wants what's best for everyone. The problem though is that he doesn't have the same feelings for those who do not agree with him or his policies, and that makes him look somewhat hypocritical. He's said some pretty rough things about MAGA people, most of whom pretty much want what's best for the country and it's people too.

What is the Soul of America? Joe Biden is going to give a speech tomorrow night on the battle for the Soul of America; what exactly does that mean? I think one might define the Soul of America as the fundamental character or spirit of our collective citizens. IMHO it is the common values, principles, and morality that most of us share. I believe that most of us want equal opportunity and impartial justice, and I also think that most of us are not satisfied with the current status of either ideal. In most cases, we agree on the problem, but we disagree on what to do about it. The solutions and policies that are proposed by the two major political parties are almost polar opposites. What we differ on is politics and policies, and that has jack squat to do with anybody's soul.
I missed this when you first said it, beautifully put. And a timely reminder. How true :)

Forum List

Back