Zone1 What is the root cause of white racism?

You're comparing apples to eggplants. The Jewish people are white or in the very least are NOT of African descent with few exceptions.
Orientals are not white. They are usually more prosperous than most whites. This is because they tend to be more intelligent than whites, and they have lower rates of crime and illegitimacy. That is why I admire Orientals.

And when I criticize white racists as being ignorant of their own history let alone ours, I do so to hint that maybe it would benefit some to educate yourselves.

But I am wholly aware of the fact that most people will not seek out information that is counter to their biased and bigoted beliefs and possibly undermine the arguments they're attempting to further.
An honest history of Negroes will include the fact that Negroes were not enslaved by whites of European descent. They were enslaved in Africa by other African Negroes and sold to white slave traders. Whites of European descent could not enter the interior of Africa because we lacked resistance to African diseases.

Frequently, when a white slave ship appeared off the coast of Africa the Negro tribes would fight each other to enslave Negroes from enemy tribes to sell to the whites. Sometimes African Negroes would sell their relatives.

While this was happening Arabs were raiding the coasts of Europe to enslave whites. Whites did not cooperate with the Arab slave raiders, however. Eventually they destroyed the Arab slave trade in Europeans. Then they destroyed the Arab slave trade in Negroes.

When a black person kills a white person the black person is nearly always a criminal. The white person is not a criminal. The black criminal's crime is often not reported in the local newspaper. If it, the race of the criminal is rarely mentioned.

White Racism was a non-issue until Obama was elected. Then all of sudden everything was about race and hating on police. Then Colin Kapaernik threw more gas on the fire, Obama endorsed him. Black Lives Matter was born and Obama endorsed them. Al Sharpton became Obama's race relations advisor. Now it seems Black people are as angry as they were in the 60s. They had plenty of reason then to be angry with Systemic Racism in full effect. Now they have no reason to be angry except for Obama and the Democrats and their media inflaming them every day.
I voted for Obama in 2008 and 2012, but this is an interesting perspective on him. :)

A prejudiced white person can do a lot more harm to a Black person if they are vindictive or just simply a racist asshole. Black people on the other hand have traditionally never had the laws in our favor that would support doing any harm to someone targeting us.

Have you all never heard of the white citizen council and what they would do to Black people and any of their allies that they wanted to destroy:

For instance, in Montgomery, Alabama, during the Montgomery bus boycott, at which Senator James Eastland “ranted against the NAACP”[23] at a large openly held Council meeting in the Garrett Coliseum, a mimeographed flyer publicly espousing extreme racial White Citizens Council and Ku Klux Klan views was distributed, its rhetoric was a parody of the Declaration of Independence and it also said:​

The Citizens’ Councils used economic tactics against African Americans who they believed were supportive of desegregation and voting rights, as well as African Americans who were members of the NAACP, and African Americans who they suspected of being activists. The tactics included “calling in” the mortgages of black citizens, denying loans and business credit, pressing employers to fire certain people, and boycotting black-owned businesses.[25] In some cities, the Councils published lists of names of NAACP supporters and signers of anti-segregation petitions in local newspapers in order to encourage economic retaliation.[26] For instance, in Yazoo City, Mississippi in 1955, the Citizens’ Council published in the local paper the names of 53 signers of a petition for school integration. Soon afterward, the petitioners lost their jobs and had their credit cut off.[27] As Charles Payne puts it, the Councils operated by “unleashing a wave of economic reprisals against anyone, Black or white, seen as a threat to the status quo”.[15] Their targets included black professionals such as teachers, as well as farmers, high school and college students, shop owners, and housewives.[13]
Interesting diatribe but not responsive to the thread’s supposed “topic” nor to what I had posted.

The root cause of “white” racism is exactly the same as the root cause of the racism of any other race. It is ignorance and prejudice (pre judgment) about another person based on the mere happenstance of skin color.

I do it because I want to. Martin Luther King used "Negro" fifteen times in his "I have a dream" speech. That gives me the right to.
Nobody has said that you don't have the right to, but it says a lot about you personally that you would use a word that has been disfavored for at least half a century.
I am one who tells the truth about average but intractable racial differences. That defines me as a racist, because the truth is unflattering to Negroes.
What defines you as a racist is your belief that the Black race is inferior to all other races. Were you the person who stated that the best or most accomplished Black person is still below the least accomplished member of the white race?

Orientals are not white. They are usually more prosperous than most whites. This is because they tend to be more intelligent than whites, and they have lower rates of crime and illegitimacy. That is why I admire Orientals.
You mean Asians? Again, Asians are not "of African descent". The fact that you repeatedly have failed to grasp the significance of this one fact is why you're not taken seriously.

White music:

Negro music:

Oriental music:

Which are the two civilized races?

“Negro“ music.

Reggae

Not sure what genre songs like these are in. But they come out of the Black cultural experience in Jamaica.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3QxT-w3WMo

Blues and Jazz: uniquely American, it came out of the African American culture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DGY9HvChXk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17nXsv7o64k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IjPmIEgeIU

Gospel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W02hDYBcqU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFamN-oXRMQ

And shall we talk about Rock and Roll?

This only scratches the surface.

An honest history of Negroes will include the fact that Negroes were not enslaved by whites of European descent. They were enslaved in Africa by other African Negroes and sold to white slave traders. Whites of European descent could not enter the interior of Africa because we lacked resistance to African diseases.
If some one brings you a child that was obtained through a sex trafficking ring, and you begin abusing them, do you honestly think that just because you didn't happen to be the one who snatched them off of the street, that somehow absolves you?

Africa is a continent made up of numerous countries but within each of those counties are countless tribes which were at times warring with one another. The slaves they sold were their captives obtained during said wars, it's not like they were selling members of their own tribes but that is really not the issue. What is the issue is that once they arrived in the U.S. how they were exploited, the hatred that whites engendered towards people of African descent and the myriad of ways that were implemented in order to keep in place all of the many laws and ways that exploited, oppressed and keep the former slaves and their descendants at the lower rungs of the social economic structure.

As your idol Hillary Clinton said, "we need to bring these super predators to heel"
She wasn't wrong. But if a Republican said the same thing....

And this is one of the reasons I didn't vote for her, even as a vote against Trump.

I figured if Trump got in office then maybe a lot more people would find out what it feels like to be a target of someone else's inability to deal with life very well.

I'm not better than some, but much better than the thieves, robbers rapists and murderers, since I've done none of those things. Can you say the same, Ralph Norton
But white racists consider any white person better than all Black people. And I too have done none of the above yet because I'm Black, there are many who still believe that white violent criminals are still superior to Black non-criminals.

Does that make sense to you?

You mean Asians? Again, Asians are not "of African descent". The fact that you repeatedly have failed to grasp the significance of this one fact is why you're not taken seriously.
Excuse me. The success of Orientals in the United States means that there is no inherent bias in favor of whites. From the time IQ tests were invented it was noticed that Orientals usually performed better than whites.

Agreed

Agreed

Disagree
Older Black people have developed an armor of sorts that helps us navigate white society because many of us understood and accepted that this is the world we live in especially if we want to advance, we have to be able to fit in enough to accomplish the things we wanted and needed to achieve. For some of it takes decades and talking aging into your 40s or 50s before you assume it.

But there is a HUGE difference between the younger generations and ours and that is the advent of social media and the always on news stories which show evidence of white offenses against Black every single day, multiple times a day. I can't even open my browser without being bombarded with tabloid-like stories. They're constantly serving up a steady diet of racist incidents, for example the Black mother of 4 who was shot by her neighbor when she knocked on her door and the white women shot her right through the door while claiming she was in fear for her life. I would bet the white woman has lived in fear of Black people her entire because she has believed all the BS propaganda that racists spread about Black people.

So instead of treating Black people like anyone else, certain white people are always on alert and just waiting for the bad thing that they are sure is going to happen to them to occur and oftentimes instead, their hysterical hair trigger behavior causes the very thing (confrontation) that they fear. This is why a lot of police officers fire their weapons far in excess of what should be needed to neutralize the threat. They're scared of Black people because they have been taught and trained that Black people are inherently violent and they accept that as fact. Even SCOTUS has upheld then acting on this belief.

You can't blame young Black people who have seen white people KILL black people for no good reason and then get away with the killing by claiming "I was in fear for my life" because that's what the legal standard is for filling someone with bullets after you mistook a phone in their hand for a gun. Even when they're mistaken, they still more often than not are exonerated. Then they're is Derrick Chauvin <--- no excuse for that, yet they have to try to make sense of how little our lives are valued.
White people are bombarded with even worse images of blacks committing violence against other races. Plus they see the very valid statistics showing that blacks are far more violent than any other race in the US. I won't say fear of every black is justified, but even at six foot two and three hundred pounds I tend to keep a weather eye on black males between fourteen and thirty if they dress like gangbangers. A black man or woman dressed in "nice" clothes gets no more attention from me than people dressed nicely.

The reasons for racism or racial prejudice are based primarily onto the observation of other races and ethnicity performances and deeds.
No, the reason for white racism against people of African descent is because it was the law. I don't understand why you all keep forgetting this. The U.S. had laws which literally allowed any white person in society to take action against any Black for offenses real or imaginary.

1686438391157.png

The Black Codes and Jim Crow Laws
The Black Codes and Jim Crow Laws

After the United States Civil War, state governments that had been part of the Confederacy tried to limit the voting rights of Black citizens and prevent contact between Black and white citizens in public places.​
Black codes and Jim Crow laws were laws passed at different periods in the southern United States to enforce racial segregation and curtail the power of Black voters.

After the Civil War ended in 1865, some states passed black codes that severely limited the rights of Black people, many of whom had been enslaved. These codes limited what jobs African Americans could hold, and their ability to leave a job once hired. Some states also restricted the kind of property Black people could own. The Reconstruction Act of 1867 weakened the effect of the Black codes by requiring all states to uphold equal protection under the 14th Amendment, particularly by enabling Black men to vote. (U.S. law prevented women of any race from voting in federal elections until 1920.)

During Reconstruction, many Black men participated in politics by voting and by holding office. Reconstruction officially ended in 1877, and southern states then enacted more discriminatory laws. Efforts to enforce white supremacy by legislation increased, and African Americans tried to assert their rights through legal challenges. However, this effort led to a disappointing result in 1896, when the Supreme Court ruled, in Plessy v. Ferguson, that so-called “separate but equal” facilities—including public transport and schools—were constitutional. From this time until the Civil Rights Act of 1964, discrimination and segregation were legal and enforceable.

One of the first reactions against Reconstruction was to deprive African-American men of their voting rights. While the 14th and 15th Amendments prevented state legislatures from directly making it illegal to vote, they devised a number of indirect measures to disenfranchise Black men. The grandfather clause said that a man could only vote if his ancestor had been a voter before 1867—but the ancestors of most African-Americans citizens had been enslaved and constitutionally ineligible to vote. Another discriminatory tactic was the literacy test, applied by a white county clerk. These clerks gave Black voters extremely difficult legal documents to read as a test, while white men received an easy text. Finally, in many places, white local government officials simply prevented potential voters from registering. By 1940, the percentage of eligible African-American voters registered in the South was only three percent. As evidence of the decline, during Reconstruction, the percentage of African-American voting-age men registered to vote was more than 90 percent.

African Americans faced social, commercial, and legal discrimination. Theatres, hotels, and restaurants segregated them in inferior accommodations or refused to admit them at all. Shops served them last. In 1937, The Negro Motorist Green Book, a travel guide, was first published. It listed establishments where African-American travelers could expect to receive unprejudiced service. Segregated public schools meant generations of African-American children often received an education designed to be inferior to that of whites—with worn-out or outdated books, underpaid teachers, and lesser facilities and materials. In 1954, the Supreme Court declared discrimination in education unconstitutional in Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka, but it would take another 10 years for Congress to restore full civil rights to minorities, including protections for the right to vote.​

blacks are far more violent than any other race in the US
No your assumption is not correct

Study: people see black men as larger and more threatening than similarly sized white men​

Researchers found this time and time again in a series of seven studies.​
There are two men. They have nearly identical bodies, with close to the same height and weight. Which one is larger? Which one is more threatening? Which one could do more harm to you?
Most people would probably think to answer “neither,” since both men are the same size.​
But according to a new series of studies published by the American Psychological Association, a person’s answer to these questions depends largely on the men’s race — and that, researchers warn, may lead people to justify greater use of force against black men compared to their white counterparts.

What the studies found​

The seven studies, conducted by researchers John Paul Wilson, Nicholas Rule, and Kurt Hugenberg, used a series of tests to get people to link people of different races to different body sizes and the potential meaning of those body sizes.​
In six of the studies, hundreds of participants were tasked with connecting a man’s face to body size, the potential harm a man could inflict, and whether use of force against that man would be justified in case of an altercation. In the seventh study, participants were asked to estimate a headless male body’s size based on a color-inverted picture (to remove racial identifiers), but some participants were primed to believe — through a stereotypically black or white name or through a picture of a person’s face — that the body picture was of a white man while others were primed to believe it’s a black man.​
Throughout all these tests, researchers produced the same results: When participants believed the man in the images is black, they generally saw the man as larger, more threatening, and potentially more harmful in an altercation than a white person. And they were more likely to say use of force was justified against the black men than the white men.
Again, the men in these pictures were roughly the same size. One of the studies in the series even made sure the men even had similar bench press records. Yet identical and similar bodies were often equated as larger and more threatening strictly because the man was perceived as black instead of white.
The researchers argued that this was the result of stereotypes about black men being larger than white men. And, they pointed out, these stereotypes aren’t true: “The 2012 Center for Disease Control report on summarizing the 2007–2010 National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey data places the average height of non-Hispanic White men (20 years or older) at 177.4 cm and 90.4 kgs, and of non-Hispanic Black men at 176.4 cm and 90.4 kgs.”​
Yet these stereotypes have serious consequences if they alter people’s perceptions of black and white men. Consider the 2014 Cleveland police shooting of 12-year-old Tamir Rice: After he was killed, the officers involved reported that they thought Rice was 20. While it’s impossible to get into these cops’ heads to see what they were thinking, it’s possible they genuinely believed Rice was older because they saw Rice as bigger than he really was. This series of studies certainly suggests that’s a possibility.​
One caveat to the study: It drew participants from Amazon’s MTurk, a work-for-pay service. Previous analyses have found that use of this system can skew participants so they’re more college-educated, younger, and less wealthy than the general population, so the study participants may not be fully representative of the rest of the country.​
There’s also questions, the researchers said, about how exactly their findings would apply outside of a lab setting, and if the restricted range of men’s sizes that they tested for — since the researchers relied largely on pictures of high school athletes — could impact participants’ perceptions compared to if, say, they were looking at the bodies or faces of nonathletic or older men.​
But this is a kind of research finding we’ve seen again and again: Black Americans are often associated with threatening behavior, particularly crime. And that may explain some of the disparities we see in police shootings.​

Studies have consistently found evidence of racism in America​

As part of a study published in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology in 2014, researchers studied 176 mostly white, male police officers, and tested them to see if they held an unconscious “dehumanization bias” against black people by having them match photos of people with photos of big cats or apes. Researchers found that officers commonly dehumanized black people, and those who did were most likely to be the ones with a history of using force on black children in custody.
In the same study, researchers interviewed 264 mostly white, female college students and found that they tended to perceive black children ages 10 and older as “significantly less innocent” than their white counterparts.​
Children in most societies are considered to be in a distinct group with characteristics such as innocence and the need for protection,” Philip Goff, an author of the study, said in a statement. “Our research found that black boys can be seen as responsible for their actions at an age when white boys still benefit from the assumption that children are essentially innocent.”​
Other research suggests there can be superhumanization bias at work as well, with white people more likely to associate paranormal or magical powers with black people than with white people. And the more they associate magical powers with black people, the less likely they are to believe black people feel pain.​
Another study found people tend to associate what the authors call “black-sounding names,” like DeShawn and Jamal, with larger, more violent people than they do “white-sounding names,” like Connor and Garrett.​
I’ve never been so disgusted by my own data,” Colin Holbrook, the lead author of the study, said in a statement. “The amount that our study participants assumed based only on a name was remarkable. A character with a black-sounding name was assumed to be physically larger, more prone to aggression, and lower in status than a character with a white-sounding name.”​
This is just a small sampling of the overall research. But no matter how these kinds of studies are conducted, there’s a clear bias going on: Many Americans tend to associate black people with criminal behavior and violence. And that seems to lead to biased behavior.

These biases help explain racial disparities in police shootings​

An analysis of the available FBI data by Dara Lind for Vox found that US police kill black people at disproportionate rates: Black people accounted for 31 percent of police killing victims in 2012, even though they made up just 13 percent of the US population. Although the data is incomplete because it's based on voluntary reports from police agencies around the country, it highlights the vast disparities in how police use force.
Some of these disparities are explained by socioeconomic factors — such as poverty, unemployment, segregation, and neglect by the police when it comes to serious crimes — that lead to more crime and violence in black communities. As a result, police tend to be more present in black neighborhoods — and therefore may be more likely to take policing actions, from traffic stops to arrests to shootings, in these areas.​
But these structural disparities don’t appear to explain everything. A 2015 study by researcher Cody Ross found, “There is no relationship between county-level racial bias in police shootings and crime rates (even race-specific crime rates), meaning that the racial bias observed in police shootings in this data set is not explainable as a response to local-level crime rates.That suggests that perhaps other factors are involved in the disparities seen for these shootings, including racial bias.
Indeed, the series of studies published by the American Psychological Association show that stereotypes of black men’s bodies as larger and more threatening appear to lead people to justifying more use of force against black men. That unfortunately may offer some insight into the disparities seen in police shootings

Have you ever taken an IQ test?
Yes. I was not told what the results were, but I was told they were good. On the National Education Develop Test and the National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test I scored in the upper one percent.

Forum List

Back