What is the most gentlemanly pursuit in the year 2024?

They are actually social clubs where Gentlemen seek to pursue their gentlemanly interests
Well, I was seeking friends online and received a number of responses from guys. After chatting for a day or two I realized the same trend and these guys were looking for more than friendship.

It was weird as there would be that moment when I or they realized the other person didn't swing the same way and the conversation would dry up. I was ok being friends with a gay guy, not that I was pursuing that, but they had an entirely different objective on this particular site obviously.

I loved playing chess as I like competition and it was always a gentlemanly game. You win or lose, shake your opponents hand and end the match with grace. Similar to wrestling in high school. Win or lose, you are a gentleman. I loved the old James Bond movies with Roger Moore as he was always polite and professional, even the bad guys carried themselves with some class and tact.

Now as a single man for the first time in nearly 20 years, one who has secretly desired to be as renaissance man most of my life and my broad eclectic interests, even if at a pedestrian level has supported this. I am curious what you would all list if one wanted to interact with relatively normal, mostly polite, honourable human beings.

in a world of uncaring, rude, selfish, parasitic and barbarians humans, outside of expensive yacht racing; what would you guys list as gentlemanly pursuits in 2024?

I have come up with a short, basic list:

Fencing
Chess
Billiards
Collecting: Old records, wine, art etc.

What say you?
Skeet, Trap or Sporting Clays

Being a 'gentleman farmer', I like it.
1706308492190.jpeg

I loved playing chess as I like competition and it was always a gentlemanly game. You win or lose, shake your opponents hand and end the match with grace. Similar to wrestling in high school. Win or lose, you are a gentleman. I loved the old James Bond movies with Roger Moore as he was always polite and professional, even the bad guys carried themselves with some class and tact.

Now as a single man for the first time in nearly 20 years, one who has secretly desired to be as renaissance man most of my life and my broad eclectic interests, even if at a pedestrian level has supported this. I am curious what you would all list if one wanted to interact with relatively normal, mostly polite, honourable human beings.

in a world of uncaring, rude, selfish, parasitic and barbarians humans, outside of expensive yacht racing; what would you guys list as gentlemanly pursuits in 2024?

Fencing
Chess
Billiards

What say you?
I was married 26 years then single again. So I understand the situation. It ain't so bad. My favorite thing to do is spend time with my grandchildren. I fish the great lakes mainly lake Erie with my best friend since I was eleven. Ya get away from the rude land dwellers. The water is a peaceful place. I deer hunt, rabbit hunt, and goose hunt quite a bit. Ya get away from rude people for the most part in the woods. Every once in a blue moon ya find a rude person in the woods. I love the peace of living alone. Sometimes I make a real mess and just leave it for awhile and enjoy the fact that no one has a thing to say about it. You will be all right

You can get metal targets depicting game animals at Walmart. You can place them at certain distances to conform to the type of weapon. It's fun to hear the ping of the round and watch the target go down. It's a good way to teach kids the gentlemanly art of precision shooting.

I have some of of those in the back yard, as well as some larger ones out a ways.

I was married 26 years then single again. So I understand the situation. It ain't so bad. My favorite thing to do is spend time with my grandchildren. I fish the great lakes mainly lake Erie with my best friend since I was eleven. Ya get away from the rude land dwellers. The water is a peaceful place. I deer hunt, rabbit hunt, and goose hunt quite a bit. Ya get away from rude people for the most part in the woods. Every once in a blue moon ya find a rude person in the woods. I love the peace of living alone. Sometimes I make a real mess and just leave it for awhile and enjoy the fact that no one has a thing to say about it. You will be all right
Are you suggesting I should die alone?

Humans deserve and need companionship. If the Creepy Ones in Canada didn't copy the East German model, I would have been married with children some time ago. Without question, these "men" aren't gentlemanly nor honourable.

Are you suggesting I should die alone?

Humans deserve and need companionship. If the Creepy Ones in Canada didn't copy the East German model, I would have been married with children some time ago. Without question, these "men" aren't gentlemanly nor honourable.
Not suggesting anything of the sort. But I do suggest taking a bit of time to rediscover who you are now. You are not the same guy you were at the beginning of the marriage. Some of the things you liked back then are not going to be as fun as you remember them. I at this time in my life can not imagine living with someone else again. That may change it may not. Does not mean you have to follow my lead. It's my unique experience. May not be for you. I just want you to understand it's not as bad as you may feel it is at this point. There are positives to your situation. Try and enjoy some of the peace while you can. It may not be available later.

Fencing
Chess
Billiards

What say you?

There are not many fencers around and not many competitive chess players or billiards players
Terrible list I must say.

Try these:

regular tennis with a group of doubles
regular morning run of 3 to 5 k.
Go out and you'll find another runner to join up with, every day. Talk to him or her all the way.
I did this for 20 years with Mike who is now like a brother to me.
Go to a coffee shop nearby and join a regular group there.
Do Wordle with them.
Wherever you are, find some strangers to start up a conversation with, based on...
where you think they were born, a monogram on their clothing, or a wife/girlfriend who looks
pretty and smart. Start with a heartfelt compliment and you can't go wrong.
Try this. Print out these cards, 20 to a page and pass just one or two of them out every day.

Kindness slips.jpg

used to take you somewhat serious prior to discovering you are a criminal backing comme maggot enemy within. No mas! Country is teetering on collapse thanks to you forkers. Its a war for survival now. We didn’t start it. Your kind did back to GWB days, housing bust, virus, voter fraud and finally the Police state and open borders. Its a mess. You own it,

Fencing
Chess
Billiards

What say you?
snow skiing.

used to take you somewhat serious prior to discovering your a criminal backing comme maggot enemy within. No mas! Country is teetering on collapse thanks to you forkers. Its a war for survival now. We didn’t start it. Your kind did back to GWB days, housing bust, virus, voter fraud and finally the Police state and open borders. Its a mess. You own it,
Lol, nobody gives two shits what you think.Lol, call me when ya get some court wins for your blowhard bullshit. Yall can run your mouths but when it comes to producing real evidence in court it never happens. Meanwhile my side wins court battle after court battle. Warms my heart every night when I think of all that Jan 6th scum sitting in prison.

Lol, nobody gives two shits what you think.Lol, call me when ya get some court wins for your blowhard bullshit. Yall can run your mouths but when it comes to producing real evidence in court it never happens. Meanwhile my side wins court battle after court battle. Warms my heart every night when I think of all that Jan 6th scum sitting in prison.

it’s easy to win a rigged game. If I can see all the cards I would never lose. Like I said, you’re an enemy within. American citizens are forced to endure and finance your spread. Not surprising you ended up as you are.

Fencing
Chess
Billiards

What say you?
I second billiards.
Collecting stuff is fun, but you have to have a plan for selling the lesser items as your collection improves. I recommend fuzz pedals.

Forum List

Back