What is the law.

I'll tell you what the law is. A bunch of horse shit! It is written by the wealthy for the wealthy. Thomas Jefferson once prophesied, "From time to time, the tree of liberty must be refreshed with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Why? Because whatever it is that a patriot would want to rise up against would be perfectly legal.

Also, in a courtroom with a judge and jury, where does the law lie. With the judge or jury. Right now, it lies with the judge. He will tell the jury what to do. But for many of the founding fathers, the law should lay with the jury. After all, the constitution says "We the people." Well the jury IS the people. Real democracy depends on them deciding what is legal or not.

I live in a Republic and have no use for a democracy.

If the people would take a few months to study the law instead of spewing their own personal swill on the Internet, then the we. the people WOULD have more say in the government and the courts.

Groups have been talking about jury Rights ever since I've been around. Juries can judge both the law as well as the facts. A jury could over-turn bad laws by finding the law unconstitutional. Judges don't have a monopoly on that.

The fact that you invoked the word democracy shows that you don't know much about the history of this country or the law. So, without being long winded, I'll give you a short lesson in reality:

In a democracy you have 1 vote; in our Republic you have 3 votes

1 Vote on the jury trial
1 Vote on the Grand Jury
1 vote at the polls

Instead of talking nonsense, maybe you should reread my thread. The law is written by the rich and for the rich. Period. But I will tell you more. I watched a documentary once about how the workings of how our law works came from. They came from law books used during the Roman Empire. In this law, like ours, sometimes you had to look up a word to find the definition of a word used in litigation. Sometimes you had to look up for another word to define what the last one said and in turn define what the original word meant. In short, to be able to double talk and do a runaround the majority of people who aren't well versed in legalese. So again I say Fuck The Law! Laws should be written in plain language. And instead of lengthy contracts, intent should be the only requirement. And that can be done with three or four sentences.

Ad for democracy, fuck democracy. It doesn't exist anyway.. A plutocracy does. As for voting in a jury, it has no meaning. A unanimous decision isn't needed to convict somebody.somebody. Next, a jury is a jury. It doesn't matter if it is "grand" or not. Next, you have many votes at the poles. You vote for president, congressmen, senators, judges, local sheriff's, etc. Not that any of them have any meaning.

You know what’s even more interesting?

No one gives the slightest shit what you think.

They probably don't care what you think either. So, are you a mind reader or the typical troll with an IQ less than his shoe size? I heard once you run the show. So, I don't care what you think; can't recall rattling your cage and am off this thread except in a defensive mode. Don't address me and you can amuse yourself. I will only counter-punch.

Forum List

Back