What is the law.

fullpower

Aug 13, 2019
I'll tell you what the law is. A bunch of horse shit! It is written by the wealthy for the wealthy. Thomas Jefferson once prophesied, "From time to time, the tree of liberty must be refreshed with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Why? Because whatever it is that a patriot would want to rise up against would be perfectly legal.

Also, in a courtroom with a judge and jury, where does the law lie. With the judge or jury. Right now, it lies with the judge. He will tell the jury what to do. But for many of the founding fathers, the law should lay with the jury. After all, the constitution says "We the people." Well the jury IS the people. Real democracy depends on them deciding what is legal or not.

I'll tell you what the law is. A bunch of horse shit! It is written by the wealthy for the wealthy. Thomas Jefferson once prophesied, "From time to time, the tree of liberty must be refreshed with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Why? Because whatever it is that a patriot would want to rise up against would be perfectly legal.

Also, in a courtroom with a judge and jury, where does the law lie. With the judge or jury. Right now, it lies with the judge. He will tell the jury what to do. But for many of the founding fathers, the law should lay with the jury. After all, the constitution says "We the people." Well the jury IS the people. Real democracy depends on them deciding what is legal or not.
Full power I am really questioning you Mensa claim. The people do not decide what is legal and what is not. The Constitution does. The jury just applies the constitution and laws to the acts purported by the people on trial.

Sooooo...
The verdict wasn't in your favor?
:dunno:

"If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?
~~~Snakeshit ,er...........Shakespeare.

• Banned
If "We the people" behaved themselves it wouldn't matter.

Well they don't and it does matter. And people tend to behave the way they are taught to behave. That way is something the "law" supports. Which isn't good. And I would get banned for telling you why.

"If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?
~~~Snakeshit ,er...........Shakespeare.

Makes me think of Christopher Plummer spinning in his Klingon Captain's chair.

What is the law? Not the horse shit proposed above:

https://philosophy.stanford.edu/sites/g/files/sbiybj9411/f/courses/syllabus/phil175.pdf

Full power I am really questioning you Mensa claim. The people do not decide what is legal and what is not. The Constitution does. The jury just applies the constitution and laws to the acts purported by the people on trial.

The constitution doesn't cover shit. Though you could use it to wipe your ass with. How many words are in it. Compare that to the amount of words in the many law books there are. Which wins out. Next, I will tell you what a couple of the founding fathers had to say about the power and duties of juries.

John Adams:
"It is not only the juror's right but his duty to find the verdict according to his own best understanding, judgment and conscience, though in direct opposition to the direction of the court."

Thomas Jefferson:
"It is presumed that juries are the best judges of facts. It is. On the other hand, presumed that courts are the best judges of the law. But both objects are within your power of decision. You have a right to take it upon yourselves to judge both. And to determine the law as well as the fact in controversy."

Sooooo...
The verdict wasn't in your favor?
:dunno:

I have never had a trial by jury.

latest

What is the law? Not the horse shit proposed above:

Look at post #15.

Forum List

Back