What is the end game?

forkup

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2016
I've seen on USMB a lot of right wingers gleefully comment on the reaction of the left at Trumps new controversy. "If it pisses of the left it has to be the right thing." In this partisan day and age I get it. My question is though how do you see this playing out? At the moment the Trump base is about 30 to 35 percent, you can question the numbers but this is what everything indicates. Trump while considered God by his base, has also the opposite effect on the rest of the US. Trump got 3000000 fewer votes then the worst candidate the Democrats could have picked. If you aren't picking up any new voters, while pissing of those people you need to stay home to win, motivating them to go out and vote, what do you think will happen?
I'm not sure how big a discrepancy the GOP can afford by Gerrymandering districts, to lose the popular vote but win the electoral but I doubt it's 10 million which if Trump keeps on acting and speaking to the hard right is what will happen.

Last edited:
I've seen on USMB a lot of right wingers gleefully comment on the reaction of the left at Trumps new controversy. "If it pisses of the left it has to be the right thing." In this partisan day and age I get it. My question is though how do you see this playing out? At the moment the Trump base is about 30 to 35 percent, you can question the numbers but this is what everything indicates. Trump while considered God by his base, has also the opposite effect on the rest of the US. Trump got 3000000 fewer votes then the worst candidate the Democrats could have picked. If you aren't picking up any new voters, while pissing of those people you need to stay home to win, motivating them to go out and vote, what do you think will happen?
I'm not sure how big a discrepancy the GOP can afford by Gerrymandering districts, to lose the popular vote but win the electoral but I doubt it's 10 million which if Trump keeps on acting and speaking to the the hard right is what will happen.
Knowing no facts, expresses it well. Checkmate.

I'm not sure how big a discrepancy the GOP can afford by Gerrymandering districts, to lose the popular vote but win the electoral but I doubt it's 10 million which if Trump keeps on acting and speaking to the the hard right is what will happen.
Knowing no facts, expresses it well. Checkmate.
Saying checkmate without offering anything, points to nothing substantive to say. Checkmate. (see how that works?)

off the top of my head i figure that the worse that can happen is that The TRUMP only has 3 years to go as he does his good works . Then again , hilary had it all sewed up and we see how that worked out . SO , so , on the bright side The TRUMP 'may' beat azz again in his upcoming election Fup .

off the top of my head i figure that the worse that can happen is that The TRUMP only has 3 years to go as he does his good works . Then again , hilary had it all sewed up and we see how that worked out . SO , so , on the bright side The TRUMP 'may' beat azz again in his upcoming election Fup .
Hillary lost because she didn't exactly thrilled Democrats to go out and vote. Regardless of who the Democrats pick, Trump is making sure that they'll consider it an act of revenge to vote him out of office. I don't think the election cycles will be comparable.

Ya gotta distract people with something, I guess.

I mean, really, now. You can't expect them to focus on something trivial like the state of the economy that affects each and every one of us, now, can you?

I'm not sure how big a discrepancy the GOP can afford by Gerrymandering districts, to lose the popular vote but win the electoral but I doubt it's 10 million which if Trump keeps on acting and speaking to the hard right is what will happen.
Take your 'partisan' glasses off, look at it again, and try again...

All this boils down to Trump, who speaks bluntly without any filter, pointed out that nations like Haiti have corrupt governments that have oppressed and abused its citizens while turning their countries into sh!tholes.

He points out that many people who come here from those countries have little to offer based on a true merit-based system of immigration but instead seek to come here to ESCAPE poverty, oppression, corruption, etc...and that it is of little benefit to 'import' massive numbers of these people.

As fas as being a 'shithole' - thry are. Why do you think so many want to leave and come here.

As far as using the term he chose, he f*ed up 'bigly'...

...and he has to realize he is not among 'golfing buddies' and can not use the same language he would in that case.

Ya gotta distract people with something, I guess.

I mean, really, now. You can't expect them to focus on something trivial like the state of the economy that affects each and every one of us, now, can you?
The only distractions I can see is Trump constantly being in a new controversy. And the economy has been growing for the last 8 years. Not trying to be flip but I can't tell what your point is?

All this boils down to Trump, who speaks bluntly without any filter, pointed out that nations like Haiti have corrupt governments that have oppressed and abused its citizens while turning their countries into sh!tholes.

He points out that many people who come here from those countries have little to offer based on a true merit-based system of immigration but instead seek to come here to ESCAPE poverty, oppression, corruption, etc...and that it is of little benefit to 'import' massive numbers of these people.

As fas as being a 'shithole' - thry are. Why do you think so many want to leave and come here.

...and he has to realize he is not among 'golfing buddies' and can not use the same language he would in that case.
So I have to take of my partisan glasses but you're kind of agreeing with my point that Trump's rhetoric is self destructive?

Hillary lost because she didn't exactly thrilled Democrats to go out and vote. Regardless of who the Democrats pick, Trump is making sure that they'll consider it an act of revenge to vote him out of office. I don't think the election cycles will be comparable.
-------------------------------------------- oh well , such is life but i'm going to enjoy the TRUMP era for as long as i can . And i think that it will be 2 terms but we will see FUP .

So I have to take of my partisan glasses but you're kind of agreeing with my point that Trump's rhetoric is self destructive?
Snowflakes ate twisting his behavior to make him sound like a cross between Hitler and the KKK, which is not the case.

The Republicans already see the disaster for them 2018 is going to be. They are abandoning the ship in Congress by droves. And now they are talking about cutting Medicaid, Medicare, and Social Security.

"Suicide is painless...

The sword of time will pierce our skin
It doesn't hurt when it begins
But as it works its way on in
The pain grows stronger, watch it grin"

https://genius.com/Theme-from-mash-suicide-is-painless-lyrics#note-12647974

The Republicans already see the disaster for them 2018 is going to be. They are abandoning the ship in Congress by droves. And now they are talking about cutting Medicaid, Medicare, and Social Security.

"Suicide is painless...

----------------------------- think that will only hurt the 'gop' and its 'rino' supporters . Me , well i really dislike the 'gop' and its rino supporters Issac ,

"Suicide is painless...

----------------------------- think that will only hurt the 'gop' and its 'rino' supporters . Me , well i really dislike the 'gop' and its rino supporters Issac ,

The bigger the fracture the better. Republicans are already on life support demographically so the loss of even 5% of support will render them Capt Dunzel.

Hillary won the popular vote but lost the election because she overperformed in solid blue states she was never going to lose especially Califorina but underferormed in states she needed namely Wisconsin, Michigan,and Pennsylvania Trump won those states because he appealed to middle class blue collar voters with talk about jobs, good trade deals and increasing peoples wages Hillary and the Democrats focused on identity politics. If Trump stays on this message and his policies have a positive impact on these same voters and the Democrats continue with racism,sexism, and identity politics stuff that helps Republicans he will have a better than average chance of winning reelection in 2020.

"Suicide is painless...

So how are the dems going to tackle one of the biggest problems facing America?

Forum List

Back