What is the Christian problem?

One of the problems is the decades long attacks by the democrat party on Christian free speech. Wouldn't you think a benign half century plaque on a court house wall would be grandfathered in during the modern left wing jihad against Christian icons in public places? The dirty little secret is that local jurisdictions cannot afford to go up against the unlimited resources of the left wing ACLU so they stand by and see the Ten Commandments sledge hammered off the wall by federal thugs wielding sledge hammers. A single agnostic nut case was offended by the 40 Ft. Cross on a fifty year old Korean War memorial in San Diego. The ACLU sued and after years of delay tactics the Korean War Memorial was ordered demolished. Small towns are fearful of being sued and even if they have no problems with a Christmas tree in the public square they can't take a chance on celebrating that part of Christmas. A kid could get suspended and expelled for wearing a Crucifix or carrying the Good Book in school. An example of the gigantic hypocrisy is that the democrat party pretends it is tolerant of Christian beliefs with the gigantic Christmas tree erected every year on public property in Washington D.C. and the prayer they say before a congressional session. Get it? The elites in the federal government get to pretend they are tolerant of Christian beliefs but the people in Podunk can't have a Christmas tree on public property with the ACLU threatning to put them in the poor house with civil suits.

Its people like you could bury the US.

here's a challenge for you --

Find just one org whose stated mission is to uphold the Constitution of the United States.

Hint: it sure as hell is NOT the pubpot party.

Nor is it the Dem party.

Halve you figured it out numbnuts?

Its the ACLU.

That would be the same ACLU that fux, beck, lushbo, mittens all HATE and work dailly to destroy.

I love the condescending attitude of a guy that believes the universe blew up 'just cuz.

Not condescending but thanks just the same.

The problem with Christians is the atheist left. They do everything they can to destroy faith then wonder why our children shoot up schools. Worse yet they lie and blame Christians. For example, thousands of Muslims go on a murdering rampage over a movie that was made one year ago and viewed by NO ONE and no one knows about it. Of course they really didn't go on a rampage for that reason but that is the story line given. Who do the left wing haters blame? Do they blame those who are killing our citizens, no they blame people who had absolutely nothing to do with the movie or what the person who made the film thinks. The liberal left is the most intolerant of group of people on the planet. Yeah they claim to be tolerant but it ain't tolerance to not criticize sodomy when a person themselves does the bone dance with Mr. Sphincter. Tolerance is knowing that killing of the unborn child is murder yet abortion clinics are not targeted as they would be in Muslim countries, if they were even allowed to exist in the first place.

There is something sad an lonely about the liberal left. They hate so much, are scared so much. I guess when they think that they are the end of and be all that is a scary responsibilty. I think the problem with Christianity is that Christians are way too tolerant. Chrisitans allow the liberals to control them even though they are in the vast, vast miniority. Their wails and crying are of such loudness that it seems there has to be more then just the few, but there ain't.

just because Religion is likely fraudulent (just imo) - doesn't mean it's the right thing to do to rub it into people's faces all of the time and act pompass about it.

One of the problems is the decades long attacks by the democrat party on Christian free speech. Wouldn't you think a benign half century plaque on a court house wall would be grandfathered in during the modern left wing jihad against Christian icons in public places? The dirty little secret is that local jurisdictions cannot afford to go up against the unlimited resources of the left wing ACLU so they stand by and see the Ten Commandments sledge hammered off the wall by federal thugs wielding sledge hammers. A single agnostic nut case was offended by the 40 Ft. Cross on a fifty year old Korean War memorial in San Diego. The ACLU sued and after years of delay tactics the Korean War Memorial was ordered demolished. Small towns are fearful of being sued and even if they have no problems with a Christmas tree in the public square they can't take a chance on celebrating that part of Christmas. A kid could get suspended and expelled for wearing a Crucifix or carrying the Good Book in school. An example of the gigantic hypocrisy is that the democrat party pretends it is tolerant of Christian beliefs with the gigantic Christmas tree erected every year on public property in Washington D.C. and the prayer they say before a congressional session. Get it? The elites in the federal government get to pretend they are tolerant of Christian beliefs but the people in Podunk can't have a Christmas tree on public property with the ACLU threatning to put them in the poor house with civil suits.

Its people like you could bury the US.

here's a challenge for you --

Find just one org whose stated mission is to uphold the Constitution of the United States.

Hint: it sure as hell is NOT the pubpot party.

Nor is it the Dem party.

Halve you figured it out numbnuts?

Its the ACLU.

That would be the same ACLU that fux, beck, lushbo, mittens all HATE and work dailly to destroy.

I love the condescending attitude of a guy that believes the universe blew up 'just cuz.

Not condescending but thanks just the same.
The ACLU? You kidding me? Another lefty lie. The ACLU was founded by a commie.

just because Religion is likely fraudulent (just imo) - doesn't mean it's the right thing to do to rub it into people's faces all of the time and act pompass about it.

It's what the self righteous sanctimonious dumbed down atheists do. They're the ugliest nastiest people on the planet.

It's what the self righteous sanctimonious dumbed down atheists do. They're the ugliest nastiest people on the planet.

i like you willow.

i like you willow.

I don't like old nasty Lakota. I bet she sits around all day smelling her armpits.

There is a big difference between people of TRUE faith and people of FALSE faith, regardless of the religion - and it's easy to spot the difference.

Yes, it is easy to spot them. Like all fools, you assign the validity of their faith according to your own beliefs and preconceptions of how the faithful should behave. Don't you people realize just how ignorant your comments are?

Faith, like common sense and intelligence, is a variable. They all run a range, depending on the individual. Some people have more, and some people have less.

Best post on the topic!! Thanks and REP!!!

Amen!

I've seen it posted on this board and I'm wondering what the "Christian Problem" is.

So, enlighten me.

It’s not so much a ‘problem’ as it is a conflict, where most social conservatives, many of whom are fundamentalist Christians, wish to ignore settled and accepted First and Fourth Amendment jurisprudence, such as separation doctrine and the right to privacy concerning abortion, and bring church and State into closer union.

Needless to say, advocates of individual liberty and government restriction oppose the efforts by many fundamentalist Christians to conjoin church and state, hence the conflict.

And of course many conservatives incorrectly infer that separation doctrine somehow amounts to ‘hostility’ toward Christianity, when nothing could be further from the truth.

Prayer in public schools, nativity scenes, and religious symbols sanctioned by the state absent a secular purpose designed to promote religion clearly violate the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment.

As Justice O’Connor correctly observed in Lynch v. Donnelly (1984):

The Establishment Clause prohibits government from making adherence to a religion relevant in any way to a person's standing in the political community.

Endorsement [of religion] sends a message to nonadherents that they are outsiders, not full members of the political community, and an accompanying message to adherents that they are insiders, favored members of the political community.

What an absolute load of sheer BULLSHIT.. Especially coming from the person who cheerleads for Islamic Fundamentalism. You're a total joke Shitting Bull!

This is part of the reason I reject "christianity".

Here, we have Miss Shoots Blanks telling us that the op isn't goot enough to belong to the club that Shoots Blanks belongs to.

WHY?

Is it because the op's SundayGoToMeeting's hat isn't as pretty as Shoots Blanks'?

How come Shoots Blanks' gets to decide who is good enough to be a "christian" and who is not?

If that is any part of the reason that you reject Christianity, you are a fool. Faith is what you believe to be true, and not what others believe to be true, or even how they express their beliefs. Besides that, Miss Shoots Blanks is entitled to any opinion she wishes to express, and you don't need anyone's permission to be a Christian. Nor is your opinion of what makes a good Christian, any more valid than Miss Shoots Blanks opinion.

I am a Christian, and I don't belong to any club, cult, or church. I am a Christian because I believe that Jesus was the son of God, and is the Christ. Although solid in that conviction, I am not a good Christian, because I fail to live up to those beliefs far too often. I fall far short of perfection, but then, I am only human. So are all other Christians.

Forum List

Back