What is so TERRIBLE about voter ID?

Sounds like Ron Paul voters

You think internet voting could be made secure? Anarchist hackers would like all of us to think so.
They would have a blast "fixing" elections.

And..I am for internet voting..in national elections. This way, you go to a website, punch in your National ID number..and vote. Anywhere.

Watched a program on this subject just the other evening. Couple of expert computer hackers saying that there in no way that the results from on line voting could be safeguarded. Was tried recently in DC where the head of the election board was so sure of his computer security that he challanged the hackers to get into his system. Took them 36 hours and the hackers owned the system. The on line vote was cancelled.

If you want more Americans to quit voting, go to voting online and let the validity of the results be questioned. Should just make us all quit. IMO.

Oh sure there is. I worked for a company that counted billions of trades every day. And these weren't as simple as a binary "yes or no" vote..these trades came with all sorts of conditions.

Additionally..we already have a structure to use for a National ID. Social Security. Everyone has a unique SSID. Is there fraud? But it's pretty small. And if everyone had a NID separate from the SSID that might even be mitigated because a NID would only be used for Identification. SSID are used for ID but also have ties to your finances.

The Republican Party know exactly what they are doing.....suppressing the black vote....

With one stroke of his pen at 12:30 pm on Wednesday, May 25, Republican Gov. Scott Walker of Wisconsin stripped hundreds of thousands of his state’s citizens of their constitutional right to vote. Despite no systematic evidence of voter fraud, Walker and his GOP allies decided to make voter suppression a top priority for the state, fast-tracking the bill before recall elections could occur against Republican Senators this summer and further illustrating that many in the Legislature are working for themselves instead of the people of Wisconsin.

According to a 2005 study by UW Milwaukee Driver License Status of Voting Age Population those without state-issued photo ID who would need to obtain one to vote include:

■23% of elderly Wisconsinites over the age of 65
■17% of white men and women
■55% of African American males and 49% of African American women
■46% of Hispanic men and 59% of Hispanic women
■78% of African American males age 18-24 and 66% of African American women age 18-24

Wisconsin Gov. Walker acts to suppress vote | The Stand

You do realize there is no fucking way to determine those numbers..

Did you think about that before you posted that nonsense?

Even if true (which it most certainly is not), but say it were - those who are too fucking lazy or dumb NOT to possess an ID shouldn't vote PERIOD, because they obviously don't care, and if they did they would have a fucking ID.

Besides, it's not that difficult to obtain an ID.

Here in Illinois it costs 5 fucking dollars for a state ID..

Besides, you may as well state that half of Wisconsin drivers don't have drivers licenses because that is EXACTLY what your numbers infer.

I love the notion we shouldn't have voter ID laws just because the democratic voting base is too fucking lazy to go out and get a fucking ID...

Why wouldn't the numbers be true? Surveys are easy to conduct for each demographic. You know Republicans have done surveys of which groups do not have IDs

Personally, I think everyone should be issued a free national ID with biometrics linked to facial recognition, DNA, retinal scan and fingerprint. The ID would serve as drivers license, social security card, credit card have all your medical information and financial data. It could even take the place of money

It would also make it easier for the police to positively identify you Nick

Exactly.

But Republicans want to take away the right to vote for millions of Americans.
Republicans want to take away this and take away that as according to the left eh, but then look at what the dictator who is currently occupying the white house wants to do or has since done while President.... Smoke and mirrors is all the left are about on these issues. They fear not being able to have the numbers explode in an election for them (if better rules are then put in place, and worse for them are enforced), where as those numbers were trumped up by any means nessesary, and with joy over our stupidity, in order to always give the impression that they are a force to be reckoned with as found within those phony numbers gained, when in reality, being without a no rules election, places them back to a minority status among the majority, and that doesn't win elections for them. Why else would they be fighting so hard to keep rules or even our laws at bay when this stuff goes on? It's quite the eye opener!

Ah..so..if a President isn't put into power by the Supreme Court after losing the popular vote..he's a dictator.

Gotcha.. :lol:

He was put in by Due Process Idiot. Did you cut class All your life? :lol: Try Googling "Electoral College". Even if it went to the House of Representatives, Bush would have won. Question, do you know how many counts were done before Gore went into his Tirade?

And..I am for internet voting..in national elections.

so you really are a shut in?

gawd, people like you need to be prevented from voting

:cuckoo:

I traveled around the country and would usually be away from home on election day. Internet voting would make things a lot easier. What is the difference between Internet voting and absentee?
Should our soldiers be allowed to vote by Internet?

And..I am for internet voting..in national elections. This way, you go to a website, punch in your National ID number..and vote. Anywhere.

Watched a program on this subject just the other evening. Couple of expert computer hackers saying that there in no way that the results from on line voting could be safeguarded. Was tried recently in DC where the head of the election board was so sure of his computer security that he challanged the hackers to get into his system. Took them 36 hours and the hackers owned the system. The on line vote was cancelled.

If you want more Americans to quit voting, go to voting online and let the validity of the results be questioned. Should just make us all quit. IMO.

Oh sure there is. I worked for a company that counted billions of trades every day. And these weren't as simple as a binary "yes or no" vote..these trades came with all sorts of conditions.

Additionally..we already have a structure to use for a National ID. Social Security. Everyone has a unique SSID. Is there fraud? But it's pretty small. And if everyone had a NID separate from the SSID that might even be mitigated because a NID would only be used for Identification. SSID are used for ID but also have ties to your finances.

the anonymity of voting would disappear. secure server issues. voting is a duty. getting out of the house and actually taking time to vote is no big deal.

Republicans want to take away this and take away that as according to the left eh, but then look at what the dictator who is currently occupying the white house wants to do or has since done while President.... Smoke and mirrors is all the left are about on these issues. They fear not being able to have the numbers explode in an election for them (if better rules are then put in place, and worse for them are enforced), where as those numbers were trumped up by any means nessesary, and with joy over our stupidity, in order to always give the impression that they are a force to be reckoned with as found within those phony numbers gained, when in reality, being without a no rules election, places them back to a minority status among the majority, and that doesn't win elections for them. Why else would they be fighting so hard to keep rules or even our laws at bay when this stuff goes on? It's quite the eye opener!

Ah..so..if a President isn't put into power by the Supreme Court after losing the popular vote..he's a dictator.

Gotcha.. :lol:

He was put in by Due Process Idiot. Did you cut class All your life? :lol: Try Googling "Electoral College". Even if it went to the House of Representatives, Bush would have won. Question, do you know how many counts were done before Gore went into his Tirade?

Ah so..the election came down to a state where Bush's brother was governor and the secretary of state was running his election campaign. It was then handed up to the Supreme Court where 2 sitting judges were appointed by his father's administration and had financial hooks into his becoming president.

Nothing to see here folks. You guys would never complain about anything like this..:lol:

Nothing. Only corrupt Democrats think it's terrible. Voter ID gets in the way of them rigging Elections all across the Country. I mean think about it, how many Elections would Democrats win without all those Deceased Citizen,Illegal Alien, and Felon Votes? The answer is, not many. And they know that. Voter ID is the Democratic Party's worst nightmare. They'll fight against it till the bitter end.

The Republican Party know exactly what they are doing.....suppressing the black vote....

With one stroke of his pen at 12:30 pm on Wednesday, May 25, Republican Gov. Scott Walker of Wisconsin stripped hundreds of thousands of his state’s citizens of their constitutional right to vote. Despite no systematic evidence of voter fraud, Walker and his GOP allies decided to make voter suppression a top priority for the state, fast-tracking the bill before recall elections could occur against Republican Senators this summer and further illustrating that many in the Legislature are working for themselves instead of the people of Wisconsin.

According to a 2005 study by UW Milwaukee Driver License Status of Voting Age Population those without state-issued photo ID who would need to obtain one to vote include:

■78% of African American males age 18-24 and 66% of African American women age 18-24

Even if true (which it most certainly is not), but say it were - those who are too fucking lazy or dumb NOT to possess an ID shouldn't vote PERIOD, because they obviously don't care, and if they did they would have a fucking ID.

Besides, you may as well state that half of Wisconsin drivers don't have drivers licenses because that is EXACTLY what your numbers infer.

I love the notion we shouldn't have voter ID laws just because the democratic voting base is too fucking lazy to go out and get a fucking ID...

Why wouldn't the numbers be true? Surveys are easy to conduct for each demographic. You know Republicans have done surveys of which groups do not have IDs

Personally, I think everyone should be issued a free national ID with biometrics linked to facial recognition, DNA, retinal scan and fingerprint. The ID would serve as drivers license, social security card, credit card have all your medical information and financial data. It could even take the place of money

Why not just implant it on your forehead or Right Hand.

God.... What does that remind me of...... Oh.... I know...... Satan. :eek: :eusa_whistle:

Good one RD.

Revelation:

13:14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

The Holy Bible

the anonymity of voting would disappear.
Oh really? How? And actually going to a voting station, showing your ID..and in many cases, voting on a computer..is more anonymous?

secure server issues.
Really?

voting is a duty. getting out of the house and actually taking time to vote is no big deal.

And requiring all sorts of hurtles to vote is in fact voter suppression. That's why when anyone starts mentioning this sort of stuff..hey go for it. You basically see how quickly they shrink.

Nothing. Only corrupt Democrats think it's terrible. Voter ID gets in the way of them rigging Elections all across the Country. I mean think about it, how many Elections would Democrats win without all those Deceased Citizen,Illegal Alien, and Felon Votes? The answer is, not many. And they know that. Voter ID is the Democratic Party's worst nightmare. They'll fight against it till the bitter end.

So you are for a National ID that's free? I am.

Could be another thing we agree on. :eusa_angel:

Why not just implant it on your forehead or Right Hand.

God.... What does that remind me of...... Oh.... I know...... Satan. :eek: :eusa_whistle:

Good one RD.

Revelation:

13:14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

The Holy Bible

Oh my god....I never realized that.
Thanks for sharing

That mark of the devil stuff is scary

DevilWoman5.jpg

No surveys are NOT easy to conduct...

I highly doubt they called every person in the state, asked them their race and then asked them if they had a valid Wisconsin ID (which without question would confuse the typical retard)...

The majority of surveys are focused on central areas.

For example If I did a survey in Green Bay and one in Milwaukee but asked the residents of the two difference cities the same questions - I would get drastically different results.

Not to mention most surveys are limited to only a fraction of the population.

If I really wanted to I could come up with a preconceived outcome and then target certain base(s) to prove the outcome I wanted and call THAT a study or survey..

Few studies or surveys are actually conducted from an objective perspective..

I mean, if you believed that idiots numbers - then that would mean that a good 40% of drivers in Wisconsin don't even possess a drivers license - do you believe that???

I see black folks and Mexican folks driving all the time in Wisconsin - I guess the majority don't even have valid drivers licenses going by his data.

Not to mention one needs to have a valid ID to get a job..

I suppose the majority of Wisconsin residents don't have jobs...

I could PROVE the guy wrong given Wisconsins demographics / population.

I highly doubt they called every person in the state, asked them their race and then asked them if they had a valid Wisconsin ID (which without question would confuse the typical retard)...

For example If I did a survey in Green Bay and one in Milwaukee but asked the residents of the two difference cities the same questions - I would get drastically different results.

If I really wanted to I could come up with a preconceived outcome and then target certain base(s) to prove the outcome I wanted and call THAT a study or survey..

I mean, if you believed that idiots numbers - then that would mean that a good 40% of drivers in Wisconsin don't even possess a drivers license - do you believe that???

I see black folks and Mexican folks driving all the time in Wisconsin - I guess the majority don't even have valid drivers licenses going by his data.

Dishonest Surveys Are easy to conduct. ;)

And..I am for internet voting..in national elections.

so you really are a shut in?

gawd, people like you need to be prevented from voting

:cuckoo:

I traveled around the country and would usually be away from home on election day. Internet voting would make things a lot easier. What is the difference between Internet voting and absentee?
Should our soldiers be allowed to vote by Internet?

First, you are an anomaly and the safety and integrity of the system is more important than any individual votes.

If military bases had secure servers linked to a specific server for their voting, maybe...but how do we then verify the votes? Absentee balloting has it's issues, but we do it. Access to servers and manipulation of the data is such a huge security issue the possibilities and the law of unintended consequences lead me to believe people like you need stay with absentee ballots.

Voting manipulation has always existed. Where and when we open more doors to more manipulation is the issue. Is it worth the cost? Their is very little wrong with the current system that can't be addressed without going digital and leaving elections up to technology.

What if a power source is out, internet is down? If we ever went digital polling places would cease and we'd be left with dangerous consequences.

Physical presence and a physical back up of ballot are most basic demand.

Common sense thinking Americans fully support Voter ID Laws. It's only corrupt & frightened Democrats who oppose them. It is what it is.

Look up the concept of random sampling and statistics

It is not that hard

Forum List

Back