What is so TERRIBLE about voter ID?

Voter ID laws are reasonable, constitutional, necessary
I agree with the attorney general that Americans must aggressively uphold the integrity of our electoral process. That is precisely why I support voter-ID laws, which are reasonable, constitutional, and necessary.

Over the past two decades, there have been thousands of allegations of voter fraud throughout the United States. Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now recently pleaded guilty to voter-registration fraud in Nevada, and scores of individuals in Minnesota have been convicted of voter fraud related to the 2008 election.

In a poll conducted in June, an overwhelming majority (75 percent) of registered voters — including 77 percent of independents and 63 percent of Democrats — said that Americans should present photo ID before casting their ballots. To date, 16 different states have enacted a photo-ID mandate, and another 15 states have required voters to show some form of personal documentation, such as a utility bill or a bank statement (though not necessarily a photo ID).

These 31 states include both Republican and Democratic strongholds, along with many swing states. There are only three states (Oregon, Vermont, and Wyoming) that do not have a voter-ID law on the books and did not consider one when their legislatures met in 2011.
Some contend that lower-income Americans cannot afford to comply with these laws, but every single state with a photo-ID requirement allows voters to obtain a government-issued photo ID at no charge.
The Supreme Court has ruled that such laws are constitutional. In 2008, the court upheld Indiana's voter-ID law, which is substantially similar to the Texas law. Writing for the court, Justice John Paul Stevens explained that "the application of the statute to the vast majority of Indiana voters is amply justified by the valid interest in protecting ‘the integrity and reliability of the electoral process.' "

Common Sense 101.

You have to prove ID for everything else in society.

Should be a no-brainer.

Papers please.

When the state demands you purchase an I.D....
Just like Obama demanding the people to by a health care policy, but yet he has no control over the private industry that sells that policy, so people are forced then to buy a product that is no good in many cases, and we will do this all because the government says so ?

Now if we were required to buy into a government run health care industry and singular program, in which was garanteed to be a citizen friendly program, affordable, and quality in care and technology, and better yet obtainable for all as offered by the government under government control, then maybe we wouldn't have a problem with that now would we? Being forced to buy something offerred by private industry upon government order, in which we have no garantee's that the product is any good once purchased, is wrong on so many levels, that it just isn't funny.

Required Voter ID isn't anywhere near what that attrocity will be once initiated..

Last edited:
Common Sense 101.

Should be a no-brainer.

Papers please.

Just like Obama demanding the people to by a health care policy, but yet he has no control over the private industry that sells that policy, so people are forced then to buy a product that is no good in many cases, and we will do this all because the government says so ?

Now if we were required to buy into a government run health care industry and singular program, in which was garanteed to be a citizen friendly program, affordable, and quality in care and technology, and better yet obtainable for all as offered by the government under government control, then maybe we wouldn't have a problem with that now would we? Being forced to buy something offerred by private industry upon government order, in which we have no garantee's that the product is any good once purchased, is wrong on so many levels, that it just isn't funny.

Required Voter ID isn't anywhere near what that attrocity will be once initiated..

Guaranteed by whom? The government? Democrats? Republicans? I will pass thank you very much.

Immie

Last edited:
Common Sense 101.

Should be a no-brainer.

Papers please.

There are no Guarantees.

Papers please.

There are no Guarantees.

Wrong!

I can guarantee you that sometime between conception and death a politician is going to screw you in some way shape or form most likely multiple politicans and multiple times.

Immie

Papers please.

Guaranteed by whom? The government? Democrats? Republicans? I will pass thank you very much.

Immie
It's ashame when we think about it, that we can't trust anyone now, and especially that we can't even trust our own government that is suppose to be us, and for whom is representitive of us... So who do we trust anymore in this nation? I would like that we could trust in our ownselves, but we need back up, but who is that back up anymore? The republicans claim that it will be the government in which they would control for us that we can then trust, and the dems the same, yet we are not to trust either of them eh? Ok, but then we go out and vote in hopes of what then ?

There are no Guarantees.

Wrong!

I can guarantee you that sometime between conception and death a politician is going to screw you in some way shape or form most likely multiple politicans and multiple times.

Immie
Especially on the local levels....ouch

Pennsylvania is poised to become the ninth state with a strict photo-ID law, following the leads of Georgia, Indiana, Texas, Kansas, Mississippi, Tennessee, Wisconsin and South Carolina. Yesterday, Virginia legislators gave final approval to a similar bill.

A January poll conducted by Terry Madonna Opinion Research found that 87 percent of Pennsylvania voters strongly or somewhat favor a law requiring voters to show a driver's license or state-issued ID before voting.

Pa. would be 9th state

Considering that PA is a blue state, I would say that this issue crosses party lines - at least amongst the public.

Dipstick, I mean, Dante... EVERY state that requires an ID to vote, offers it free of charge.

If true I have no problem with it.

Voter ID: State Requirements

:eusa_shhh:

interesting, eh?

:eusa_eh:
EVERY state that requires an ID to vote, offers it free of charge.

It brings to mind both the movie Casablanca AND South Africa. I realize this is an unlikely scenario; a disabled individual gets a ride to the polling by someone who doesn't speak English, and cannot attest to the disabled person's identity. The disabled person lost their "ID".

Voter ID: State Requirements

interesting, eh?

It brings to mind both the movie Casablanca AND South Africa. I realize this is an unlikely scenario; a disabled individual gets a ride to the polling by someone who doesn't speak English, and cannot attest to the disabled person's identity. The disabled person lost their "ID".

I am sure there is an argument in some states about how easy it is to get the I.D., but I am against making the vote too easy.

I think some people just shouldn't vote. They have the right, but helping them exercise that right with no effort on their part is tantamount to belittling the whole process.

People die for the right to vote

interesting, eh?

I am sure there is an argument in some states about how easy it is to get the I.D., but I am against making the vote too easy.

I think some people just shouldn't vote. They have the right, but helping them exercise that right with no effort on their part is tantamount to belittling the whole process.

I am against making the vote too easy.
THAT IS the problem; we should encourage voting. Nor do millions of illegal residents sneak in & attempt to vote. Any concern about voter fraud should revolve around the registrar's office, NOT individual voters. VOTING is a RIGHT, DRIVING is a privilege.

interesting, eh?

Oh don't you worry, it will never be to easy when dealing with the DMV on anything.... I got a letter in the mail, and it said that I needed to show proof of insurance for a vehicle I have, and if I didn't within a certain time frame, well then I would lose my liscense and surrender my tag because of.......Ok, so I have insurance paid in full first off, and I also have the card to prove it on the vehicle in question.

So next my wife says to me, "I will go down and take your card with me tommorow to the DMV" (i.e. to the very ones who sent the threatening letter), and I will get this straight for you..... I said thanks honey...... Now here is what happened next ! She and my daughter arrive at the DMV, they sit in that place for over an hour waiting (only three people working the windows), the place was packed, then when they go up to the lady finally (insurance card in hand), the lady says to my wife, that she cannot accept the card and/or do anything in the situation with it, and then what she said next to my wife was this, "you will will have to send a DMV form by fax to the insurance carrier" (Progressive), then they will have to send the form back to the us here at the DMV, in order to straighten this mess out...

So my wife then went to a Progressive office that was local, thinking that this would help speed up the process, but because we had purchased the insurance policy through the (Progressive carrier -via- on line services), the local office said that we would have to go back through that on line branch carrier, in order to get this resolved.

Next my wife called the branch we signed up with on line, and they told her to fax them the form, and that they would have it returned to that DMV office within 24 to 48 hours.

She is going to call them Monday, just to see if they had done what they were supposed to do...

Now I ask this, how come the DMV (who wrote me this threatening letter) couldnot take a perfectly valid insurance card, in response to the letter that said we needed to validate our insurance on the vehicle in question?

Ummmmm, this makes me now feel that these potential voters who are fearful now of the voter ID requirement, well they just may have a valid point for not wanting to deal with the idiotic government on anything, because it is totally enept, idiotic, drowning in red tape, run undoubtedly by morons, idiots and etc.

I mean if it wouldnot accept my perfectly authorized credentials, and from a citizen (my wife with proper insurance card in hand), who is of this nation as an American, and for whom had an authentic picture ID as well, then how on earth are we to trust anything else that it conjours up for us to be subjected to in the near future?

I am against fraud yes, but I am against overbearing, enept, idiotic government just as well.... B /

Beware America, because we are living in strange times indeed... No justice is being found anymore, especially in alot of areas of this nation and/or within our lives as we live them within it, so citizen beware is all I can say... Sorry voter ID supporters, but when government is this messed up, what does it matter anyways? :confused:

Last edited:

interesting, eh?

Really? Who shouldn't be allowed to vote?

I am against making the vote too easy.
THAT IS the problem; we should encourage voting. Nor do millions of illegal residents sneak in & attempt to vote. Any concern about voter fraud should revolve around the registrar's office, NOT individual voters. VOTING is a RIGHT, DRIVING is a privilege.

last thing this nation needs is more of it's native imbeciles and morons voting in greater numbers.

gawd save the Republic!!!.

:cool:

Forum List

Back