I think Ron Paul supporters will like this NYT article

It is pure speculative BS and a pipe dream that Romney and Ron Paul would team up.

I don't know a SINGLE Ron Paul supporter that would cast a vote for Mitt Romney, and I know A LOT of Ron Paul supporters...

Actually,from a sell point,it would work,alot of disgruntled obama voters from 08 are paulies now,and with santorum tanking,that ticket would win hands down.

I don't know a SINGLE Ron Paul supporter that would cast a vote for Mitt Romney, and I know A LOT of Ron Paul supporters...

You don't know me. But it will be a cold, blizzard like day in hell when I ever vote establishment again. Ron Paul or no one.
Maybe not guys like us, but if Rand gets the VP slot that'll get a lot of the TP crowd and RP fanboys to go along.

He would only be a drag on Romney's chances on the WH.

I don't think Romney has any chance. He's Obama Lite. Lots of folks will refuse to vote for him on principle. I'd wager a coke that if he's nominated the GOP turnout in November will be low.

Weird alot of readers blogged they actually liked the idea of a romney paul ticket,especially from old obama supporters.

I like that this article focuses on the personal friendship of the two, rather than speculating too much about whether they're working together behind the scenes. It just goes to show that just because you don't like somebody's politics doesn't mean that you don't have to like them personally.

I should say that I didn't mean to imply that Paul would be Romney's VP choice...no way. While I don't really care which of the big gov Rs gets the nomination, I do hope he's influenced by the fiscal conservatism that is fundamental to all Paulies/Libertarians. If it is to be Romney, tbd of course, his friendly relationship with Paul would bode well for that influence to happen. And if it's a brokered convention, that could be very interesting.

As to RP supporters not voting for anyone but Paul in the general election, I will choose to support any R this time because the thought of four more years of judges being appointed by the President is not something I want to see. This old Classical Liberal will vote R, which has certainly not always been the case in the past.

Forum List

Back