What is Satan's ULTIMATE goal?

Exactly

The Bible is a group of parables written by man to get other men to commit to their religion. None of it is true, there is no Satan, there is no Hell, there are no pearly gates
That’s the argument of a child.
The Bible is written for those with the intellect of a child. Easily frightened, trusting, willing to believe what they are told without question
That couldn’t be farther from the truth. It takes a great deal of intellect and effort to decipher ancient accounts in their proper context.

It’s much easier to do what you do.
Rational, scientific evaluation contradict with faith based belief

Hence, you cannot cover the earth with water, you can’t part the seas, the earth is more than 6000 years old
Again that is you reading the Bible literally. Why would you do such a stupid thing?

Besides does Genesis say the earth is 6000 years old? Or is that just more of your confirmation bias?

Lastly reason, experience and science are the reasons I believe in a creator.

"...militant atheists"? So, like, "Up against the wall if you don't renounce your religion"?

One is the debate on whether or not the Christian God's actions are moral or immoral.
Care to define morality?

In the context of what we've been talking about, the short answer would be right vs wrong. What is "acceptable" or good, versus what is unacceptable or bad. Of course there's way more to it than that, but why do you ask?

And btw, I've seen other atheists do that, as well. My dad was an atheist (until right before he died) and I remember how frustrating it was to discuss or debate these things with him, because he was all over the place, and in a very emotional way, like you, employed just about every logical fallacy that exists. :71:

Another thing he would do is leap-frog from one topic to another, but without ever completing the previous discussion. In other words, when he realized he was getting close to losing that particular debate, he would immediately leap to an entirely different debate, and that would keep happening, within the span of just minutes. It was incredibly frustrating, which is why after a certain number of years, I stopped arguing with him altogether, and just prayed for him, and loved him, despite his opposing worldview.
Happens with a lot of old people

In the context of what we've been talking about, the short answer would be right vs wrong.
And totally inadequate. You've just swapped labels. I ask because defining terms in a discussion is required to make progress. My definition of morality is 'conforming to community norms'. Yours?

I’m not blaming you, brother. I am telling you that what you read is beyond your comprehension because you make no effort to understand it. It’s easier for you to build straw men then to make an honest effort.
Again....I didn’t write the Bible but I understand what killing and torture is.
It is not Satan doing it, it comes from God

No straw man, just an honest assessment of what is in the Bible
Oh bullshit. There is nothing honest about what you do.

You try to disprove God through the words in a book rather than through the natural world. Everything you do is backwards. If you study the natural world you cannot help but believe that there is a creator and then the words in that book might make more sense to you. At the very least you will stop treating it as a fairy tale. There is a very good reason why everything you read in that book is skewed. It's the result you are seeking.

Exactly

The Bible is a group of parables written by man to get other men to commit to their religion. None of it is true, there is no Satan, there is no Hell, there are no pearly gates

Another patently ridiculous statement.

Much of the Bible is actually, historically true. And is documented.

It does not do a very good job representing the historical record

Look at Moses

Egyptians kept good historical records but make no mention of Gods plagues or of losing an army in the Red Sea
Let me see if I have this right. Egyptians kept good historical records. They did??????

So you claim that Egyptians make no mention of a military loss? Well, kiss my grits! Would these Egyptians be related to the people who disfigured the Sphynx to hide something politically motivated? Whatever could that have been? Oh. Nobody knows. Why would that be? Oh. It happened too long ago. Oh. oh, oh, and more oh!

In the context of what we've been talking about, the short answer would be right vs wrong.
And totally inadequate. You've just swapped labels. I ask because defining terms in a discussion is required to make progress. My definition of morality is 'conforming to community norms'. Yours?

I agree that being on the same page in regard to definitions is important if a discussion is going to go anywhere. No, that is not my definition of morality, for numerous reasons, which could actually fill up a whole book. At one time involuntary slavery was considered a community "norm" - did that make it truly right, yes or no? We're getting into another topic here, but to answer your question, I believe that morality is objective, not subjective. And btw, this is one of the biggest problems for atheists. They almost always claim that morality is subjective... yet at the same time, they make moral judgements on others, which belie their true belief on morality. I would like to elaborate, but I have food on the stove that I need to get to, and then I have something planned to do in 10 minutes, so I'll have to get back to this tonight, if I have time.

Last edited:
And btw, this is one of the biggest problems for atheists. They almost always claim that morality is subjective... yet at the same time, they make moral judgements on others, which belie their true belief that morality is subjective.
If so, they've made judgements informed by their subjective position on what behaviour is moral. I see no contradiction.

What is Satan's ULTIMATE goal?

If you were the Devil, what would you do?
I would want priests to molest children. I would want muslims blowing themselves up for god. I would want people to kill gays and pollute the planet because god said it’s ok. I would want liars to use religion to control the masses. I would want people divided over religion.

Again....I didn’t write the Bible but I understand what killing and torture is.
It is not Satan doing it, it comes from God

No straw man, just an honest assessment of what is in the Bible
Oh bullshit. There is nothing honest about what you do.

You try to disprove God through the words in a book rather than through the natural world. Everything you do is backwards. If you study the natural world you cannot help but believe that there is a creator and then the words in that book might make more sense to you. At the very least you will stop treating it as a fairy tale. There is a very good reason why everything you read in that book is skewed. It's the result you are seeking.

Exactly

Another patently ridiculous statement.

Much of the Bible is actually, historically true. And is documented.

It does not do a very good job representing the historical record

Look at Moses

Egyptians kept good historical records but make no mention of Gods plagues or of losing an army in the Red Sea
Let me see if I have this right. Egyptians kept good historical records. They did??????

So you claim that Egyptians make no mention of a military loss? Well, kiss my grits! Would these Egyptians be related to the people who disfigured the Sphynx to hide something politically motivated? Whatever could that have been? Oh. Nobody knows. Why would that be? Oh. It happened too long ago. Oh. oh, oh, and more oh!
You would think something of the magnitude of losing an army in a parted Red Sea or all of your first born would rate a mention

The Book of Job, the Bible, all verses. It shows the extent of Satan's disrespect of the Almighty's influence upon a man, who suffers but survives without denying God whom he firmly believes will bring him through all forms of other people's disbelief, and guess what: Satan loses the famous bet, and God wins because He knew Job's faith was absolute. Because he believes in God and not himself through all the garbage Satan put him through using his frail body and his friends to harass him--because of his faith in God, he not only defeats the purposes of Satan, he wins not only restoration of all he lost, he is rewarded by becoming a beacon to future generations whenever his story is seen and comprehended by others who chuck doubts for faith in God, the creator. Job's life is like the olive branch that God extends to those who see no value in beliefs but are changed by their full understanding of what God can do when life itself hands you the lemon of disbelief.
The story of Job is some pretty sick shit

Job is used in a sick bet between God and Satan. Kind of like the movie Trading Places

Job is a good person and God allows him to be tortured beyond belief just to make a point
People who win marathons put themselves through the ultimate torture of pain and perseverance in order to win a prize. I suppose if you spin winners enough times, you can blame God to discourage others, Mr. Devil's Advocate. :rolleyes:
Actually, those who win marathons are in amazing shape. They are in no way tortured

But back to the Book of Job

God and Satan are involved in a sick bet
Not only is Job tortured but his children are killed

How do you justify killing innocent children to settle a sick bet?

Not something a loving god would do
Quote: Actually, those who win marathons are in amazing shape. They are in no way tortured​

Obviously, you did not train very hard to win a marathon or to be the best runner that you can be.

Quote: God and Satan are involved in a sick bet.
Obviously, you did not know that God knew the outcome ahead of time; Satan did not.

Quote: Not only is Job tortured but his children are killed
Obviously you cannot recall what his children were doing at the time they were killed, nor do you know that every life from God is a predetermined gift.

Quote: How do you justify killing innocent children to settle a sick bet?​

Justification comes from God, not man.

Quote: Not something a loving god would do.​

With all that criticism coming from you to disparage God in public is heard. I hope you change your mind before your life ends.
Same old, how dare you question God?

I hold God to a higher standard than I hold man

I would not hold a man in high regard who killed someone’s children just to win a bet

First, let's run that kind of standard to which are you holding Job's adult sons and daughters You think because they had a wealthy and righteous father that they were righteous too?

Let's review the tapes, sir, and I quote from the first chapter of Job::

His sons used to go and hold a feast in the house of each one on his day, and they would send and invite their three sisters to eat and drink with them. 5 And when the days of the feast had run their course, Job would send and consecrate them, and he would rise early in the morning and offer burnt offerings according to the number of them all. For Job said, “It may be that my children have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts.” Thus Job did continually.​

Sounds to me like Job loved his children even though they may have been into drunken incestuous, even adulterous orgies: cunnilingus, fellatio, paedicatio, sexual pugilism, and zoophilia. Now what were you saying about "killing innocent children to settle a sick bet."

Laws of mercy.

Last edited:
That’s the argument of a child.
The Bible is written for those with the intellect of a child. Easily frightened, trusting, willing to believe what they are told without question
That couldn’t be farther from the truth. It takes a great deal of intellect and effort to decipher ancient accounts in their proper context.

It’s much easier to do what you do.
Rational, scientific evaluation contradict with faith based belief

Hence, you cannot cover the earth with water, you can’t part the seas, the earth is more than 6000 years old
Again that is you reading the Bible literally. Why would you do such a stupid thing?

Besides does Genesis say the earth is 6000 years old? Or is that just more of your confirmation bias?

Lastly reason, experience and science are the reasons I believe in a creator.

"...militant atheists"? So, like, "Up against the wall if you don't renounce your religion"?
No. More like the precursor to that.

Job is used in a sick bet between God and Satan. Kind of like the movie Trading Places

Job is a good person and God allows him to be tortured beyond belief just to make a point
People who win marathons put themselves through the ultimate torture of pain and perseverance in order to win a prize. I suppose if you spin winners enough times, you can blame God to discourage others, Mr. Devil's Advocate. :rolleyes:
Actually, those who win marathons are in amazing shape. They are in no way tortured

Quote: Actually, those who win marathons are in amazing shape. They are in no way tortured​

Obviously, you did not train very hard to win a marathon or to be the best runner that you can be.

Obviously, you did not know that God knew the outcome ahead of time; Satan did not.

Obviously you cannot recall what his children were doing at the time they were killed, nor do you know that every life from God is a predetermined gift.

With all that criticism coming from you to disparage God in public is heard. I hope you change your mind before your life ends.

I would not hold a man in high regard who killed someone’s children just to win a bet

First, let's run that kind of standard to which are you holding Job's adult sons and daughters You think because they had a wealthy and righteous father that they were righteous too?

His sons used to go and hold a feast in the house of each one on his day, and they would send and invite their three sisters to eat and drink with them. 5 And when the days of the feast had run their course, Job would send and consecrate them, and he would rise early in the morning and offer burnt offerings according to the number of them all. For Job said, “It may be that my children have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts.” Thus Job did continually.​

Sounds to me like Job loved his children even though they may have been into drunken incestuous, even adulterous orgies: cunnilingus, fellatio, paedicatio, sexual pugilism, and zoophilia. Now what were you saying about "killing innocent children to settle a sick bet."

Laws of mercy.
Mercy killing?

In fact they were killed to piss off Job
Like something a mafia boss would do

Pull out your Bible and point out evil deeds of satan
The Book of Job, the Bible, all verses. It shows the extent of Satan's disrespect of the Almighty's influence upon a man, who suffers but survives without denying God whom he firmly believes will bring him through all forms of other people's disbelief, and guess what: Satan loses the famous bet, and God wins because He knew Job's faith was absolute. Because he believes in God and not himself through all the garbage Satan put him through using his frail body and his friends to harass him--because of his faith in God, he not only defeats the purposes of Satan, he wins not only restoration of all he lost, he is rewarded by becoming a beacon to future generations whenever his story is seen and comprehended by others who chuck doubts for faith in God, the creator. Job's life is like the olive branch that God extends to those who see no value in beliefs but are changed by their full understanding of what God can do when life itself hands you the lemon of disbelief.

”Obviously, you did not know that God knew the outcome ahead of time; Satan did not.”

So much for free will.

And so much for you, thinking a) G-d has to prove anything to anyone; and b) G-d cheats; and c) that Satan exists. :eusa_doh:

Laws of mercy.
Mercy killing?

In fact they were killed to piss off Job
Like something a mafia boss would do
You said they were innocent. Job sacrificed animals in the hope that God would save them from the wrongs they were committing. You lefto's just can't admit saying, "well, maybe I was mistaken."

Care to define morality?

Morality is a product of virtue. A virtue is a trait or quality that is deemed to be morally good and thus is valued as a foundation of principle and good moral being.

Now. In relation to this great nation and per the Republic's founding documents....''all men are created...endowed by their Creator...''

Borrowing a snip from a great book on the topic, the fundamentally religious basis of this philosophy is the foundation of its moral code, which contemplates The Individual's moral duty as being created by God's Law: the Natural Law.

It's a much deeper discussion. But one which demands great humility among intellects. Ahem.

I'll add that the gradual erosion of virtue in modern America is one the most silent and dangerous threats to Individual liberty today. So, responsibility is another factor. Which dives deeper into the discussion. Or should.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back