What Is Romney's Path To The Presidency? Can Anyone Answer That?

I remember Karl Rove predicting things to keep the base energized. Reality never mattered

1) In 2006, roughly a week before the midterm election, Rove predicted “a Republican Senate and Republican House” by claiming sole access to “THE math.” [NPR, 10/24/06]

2) In November of 2000, Rove claimed the “election will not be close.” Rove predicted Bush will “win enough states to get about 50 more Electoral College votes than he needs to win. Rove also predicted Bush will get about 50 percent of the popular vote, with Gore at about 45 percent.” [Houston Chronicle, 11/6/00]

3) During the 2000 primary campaign, Rove declared: “We’re going to win New Hampshire,” referring to the Republican primary. [USA Today 1/25/00]

Karl Rove's Record Of Failed Predictions | ThinkProgress

----

Most conservatives are spinning polls in unbelievable ways. The media needs to fill reports, so they carry the shit

Right, I agree.

However, you will note that in my OP I stated that Romney will have to make a clean sweep to win.

I don't see that as very likely at all.

I said that from the very beginning.

But you have it backwards. The line isn't "if Obama holds on to one of these four states" ... it's "he can't win because we're going to hold them all". Romney is the guy who just needs one break. Obama is the guy who needs something approximating a clean sweep.

Right, I agree.

However, you will note that in my OP I stated that Romney will have to make a clean sweep to win.

I don't see that as very likely at all.

I said that from the very beginning.

But you have it backwards. The line isn't "if Obama holds on to one of these four states" ... it's "he can't win because we're going to hold them all". Romney is the guy who just needs one break. Obama is the guy who needs something approximating a clean sweep.
No, Obama doesn't...he's much, much, MUCH closer to the necessary 271 than Romney.

He doesn't have to win as many of the swing states....Romney does.

Obama wins one or two key states and it's a wrap...Obama has a clear path to the Presidency.

Romney's more fraught with if's and's or but's.

Again, a Republican has never won the Presidency w/o Ohio...and currently Obama's leading there, if it goes to Obama...Romney's toast.

Forum List

Back