What is romantic?

archangel said:
when ya get some time under your belt...then ya have the right to brush it off...until then keep on a keep'n on about trips to Bermuda as being romantic!
Travel is great but not to be compared with being a romantic jesture!...Oh the young at heart really do amuse me! "Girls gone wild" mentality! :clap:

save it for late night TV!

Warning - the reply which follows is pretty damn off-topic

Dude - You're a joke. I'm growing very tired of your 'I'm an old codger, so that means i know more than you about EVERYTHING'. Just a suggestion - if somebody asks you to back up what 'you' say with evidence, the whole 'I'm an old fart, so that means you're dumb and I'm all-knowing' line is played out. Get new material or just don't reply...that's my advice, man to man.

archangel said:
when ya get some time under your belt...then ya have the right to brush it off...until then keep on a keep'n on about trips to Bermuda as being romantic!
Travel is great but not to be compared with being a romantic jesture!...Oh the young at heart really do amuse me! "Girls gone wild" mentality! :clap:

save it for late night TV!

So you skipped over the whole paragraph before, and decided to focus on the line about Bermuda? I am beginning to see why so many people argue with you so often. Hey Arch, do you want to add me to that list of people? I'm trying to give you some slack here, but you make it hard.

dmp said:
For me, notes and calls are simply what happens - they aren't ideas that pop into my head. It's the opposite of 'Hey! I'd better call, she'd like that!'. Typically, if I'm in love with a woman, I just 'call'. I just 'write notes' or 'massage' or 'buy flowers for'...those things happen because that's what is 'supposed to happen' - in the sense they are a symptom of 'in-love', not things done to convince another person the 'in-love'ness exists...

I am totally the opposite. I know I'm in love, and I don't always have to do stuff to show it - though I do make sure to tell my wife I love her, often. But little notes, and phone calls, etc., are things that basically pop into my head, which I then do because I know she'll enjoy them. Not to convince her that I love her, but because I know she likes that kind of stuff more than I do. But, then again, she does stuff for me because she knows I enjoy it.

I was going to post something but then I had second thoughts.

I will just say..

Some people get it.

Some people don't.

It is obvious by the posts here who does and who doesn't.

For those who do, more power to us. We have lived..and loved..and know how incredible it can is and/or can be.

For those who don't. Well, that is just a shame.

Abbey Normal said:
So you skipped over the whole paragraph before, and decided to focus on the line about Bermuda? I am beginning to see why so many people argue with you so often. Hey Arch, do you want to add me to that list of people? I'm trying to give you some slack here, but you make it hard.

A trip to Bermuda sounds wonderful.

And Abby, being a modern women, would you be oppossed to treating your husband to a romantic week away, alone? Doubt it.

dmp said:
Warning - the reply which follows is pretty damn off-topic

Dude - You're a joke. I'm growing very tired of your 'I'm an old codger, so that means i know more than you about EVERYTHING'. Just a suggestion - if somebody asks you to back up what 'you' say with evidence, the whole 'I'm an old fart, so that means you're dumb and I'm all-knowing' line is played out. Get new material or just don't reply...that's my advice, man to man.

I surely forgot that you have the power and I must cringe to your opinions as being the last word...you my friend are the joke...I agreed with your simple jestures and you took it as a insult...go figure...please forgive me for my experience and I concede to your younger approach on life matters! :eek2:

archangel said:
I surely forgot that you have the power and I must cringe to your opinions as being the last word...you my friend are the joke...I agreed with your simple jestures and you took it as a insult...go figure...please forgive me for my experience and I concede to your younger approach on life matters! :eek2:

I think it was the girls gone wild comment.

:)
Said1 said:
A trip to Bermuda sounds wonderful.

And Abby, being a modern women, would you be oppossed to treating your husband to a romantic week away, alone? Doubt it.

Thanks, Said.
Good point about the reverse situation. I have done that, to a B&B. Since I have almost always worked, it wasn't just spending his own money on him, either.
Anything you do that makes your loved one feel special shouldn't be criticized by others.

Abbey Normal said:

Thanks, Said.
Good point about the reverse situation. I have done that, to a B&B. Since I have almost always worked, it wasn't just spending his own money on him, either.
Anything you do that makes your loved one feel special shouldn't be criticized by others.

And if that includes chocolate and handcuffs, so be it! :banana:

Said1 said:
I think it was the girls gone wild comment.

but that was my point...sometimes the youngn's relate to TV more than real life...a bad choice of analogy on my part...then again I am not Jesus and do make mistakes from time to time!

archangel said:
but that was my point...sometimes the youngn's relate to TV more than real life...a bad choice of analogy on my part...then again I am not Jesus and do make mistakes from time to time!

I don't see how anyone is realting to tv when they are more or less speaking about their own experiences. The thread starter was based on someone elses favorite memory, albeit from a televison interview, but still very real.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
archangel said:
if you bothered to read my posts on this subject...I agreed with your simple jestures vs monetary ones..and yes I have been in love more than you will ever know...I just keep it simple and reserve monetary issues for a later date! :dance:

Read. Just read and comprehend. The problem isn't your 'answers' its how you annoyingly brush off OTHER viewpoints with the comment: "Well, you are a snot-nosed little tyke, and I'm old...so of COURSE you'll think that way...when you Get MY age, you'll know better, blah blah, I'm important, blah blah"

Get it?

Here's a good part of being an Admin - any FURTHER off-topic posts will be deleted immediately; lets take this to PM's if need be.

dmp said:
I sent this to a friend via email, but decided I'd be interested in feedback from a broader sample of people:

Darin, I agree that sometimes over the top gestures like that makes it seem like the person is trying too hard. I understand that well.

That said romance to me is simply someone very head over heels that isn't afraid to let their love know it with their actions.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
Abbey Normal said:
Power can be romantic.

hah!! Girls don't like boys, girls like cars money and Forum Admins, eh? :D

My wife thinks power(tools) can be romantic:

Wet/Dry Vac
Router
Band Saw
Lathe

those things...with a card...would probably 'do-it' for her.

:(

Forum List

Back