What is racism?

Yes, I think in a way Gates made of mockery of the true abuse of power.

You and I both. It's like Obama claiming to be 'like other blacks.' He's black, no denying that, but those without privilege, even those with, were not born in Hawaii, attending private schools throughout k-12. Going to Harvard, son of alumni.

You're statement is a non sequitur. it does not follow that Obama abused power or made a mockery of being black.

Indeed he did, regarding being black and stupidity in arrest.

Did Obama ever claim to be "like other blacks?" How odd...I'd like to see a link.

Maybe when he said "I think we'd all be angry" if the police answered a 911 call to protect our property from being burglarized.

Did Obama ever claim to be "like other blacks?" How odd...I'd like to see a link.

Maybe when he said "I think we'd all be angry" if the police answered a 911 call to protect our property from being burglarized.
Oh wow, Val! I didn't think he was talking about blacks! I thought "we" was "we" as in Americans that shouldn't get arrested for being law abiding citizens. Thanks for clearing that up!!!:eusa_whistle:

Oh wow, Val! I didn't think he was talking about blacks! I thought "we" was "we" as in Americans that shouldn't get arrested for being law abiding citizens. Thanks for clearing that up!!!:eusa_whistle:

So that's what you think? :lol: Then why did he have to address this arrest and make this statement at this time in the context of the history of racism in America then?

Did he mention the Patriot Act at all, or maybe the 4th amendment? :eusa_whistle:

You and I both. It's like Obama claiming to be 'like other blacks.' He's black, no denying that, but those without privilege, even those with, were not born in Hawaii, attending private schools throughout k-12. Going to Harvard, son of alumni.

You're statement is a non sequitur. it does not follow that Obama abused power or made a mockery of being black.

Indeed he did, regarding being black and stupidity in arrest.

In the past, though, he is quick to point out that he has been given far more opportunities by which to elevate himself.

Forum List

Back