Zone1 What is race realism?

ASHG Denounces Attempts to Link Genetics and Racial Supremacy

The American Society of Human Genetics (ASHG) is alarmed to see a societal resurgence of groups rejecting the value of genetic diversity and using discredited or distorted genetic concepts to bolster bogus claims of white supremacy. ASHG denounces this misuse of genetics to feed racist ideologies. In public dialog, our research community should be clear about genetic knowledge related to ancestry and genomic diversity. To that end, ASHG affirms the following:

• Genetics demonstrates that humans cannot be divided into biologically distinct subcategories. Although there are clear observable correlations between variation in the human genome and how individuals identify by race, the study of human genetics challenges the traditional concept of different races of humans as biologically separate and distinct. This is validated by many decades of research, including recent examples.

• Most human genetic variation is distributed as a gradient, so distinct boundaries between population groups cannot be accurately assigned. There is considerable genetic overlap among members of different populations. Such patterns of genome variation are explained by patterns of migration and mixing of different populations throughout human history. In this way, genetics exposes the concept of “racial purity” as scientifically meaningless.

• It follows that there can be no genetics-based support for claiming one group as superior to another. Although a person’s genetics influences their phenotypic characteristics, and self-identified race might be influenced by physical appearance, race itself is a social construct. Any attempt to use genetics to rank populations demonstrates a fundamental misunderstanding of genetics.

• The past decade has seen the emergence of strategies for assessing an individual’s genetic ancestry. Such analyses are providing increasingly accurate ways of helping to define individuals’ ancestral origins and enabling new ways to explore and discuss ancestries that move us beyond blunt definitions of self-identified race.

The American Society of Human Genetics denounced this crap in 2018.

It was discredited almost 80 years ago. This thread remains open for only one reason.
The failure of Head Start and No Child Left Behind provide recent, obvious, and public evidence for race realism. So do the facts I have posted about average intelligence, and rates of crime and illegitimacy.

Posting discredited garbage over and over again doesn't make it any less discredited.
How has my data been discredited? Where is there any evidence of intrinsic average equality in intelligence?

ASHG Denounces Attempts to Link Genetics and Racial Supremacy

The American Society of Human Genetics (ASHG) is alarmed to see a societal resurgence of groups rejecting the value of genetic diversity and using discredited or distorted genetic concepts to bolster bogus claims of white supremacy. ASHG denounces this misuse of genetics to feed racist ideologies. In public dialog, our research community should be clear about genetic knowledge related to ancestry and genomic diversity. To that end, ASHG affirms the following:

• Genetics demonstrates that humans cannot be divided into biologically distinct subcategories. Although there are clear observable correlations between variation in the human genome and how individuals identify by race, the study of human genetics challenges the traditional concept of different races of humans as biologically separate and distinct. This is validated by many decades of research, including recent examples.

• Most human genetic variation is distributed as a gradient, so distinct boundaries between population groups cannot be accurately assigned. There is considerable genetic overlap among members of different populations. Such patterns of genome variation are explained by patterns of migration and mixing of different populations throughout human history. In this way, genetics exposes the concept of “racial purity” as scientifically meaningless.

• It follows that there can be no genetics-based support for claiming one group as superior to another. Although a person’s genetics influences their phenotypic characteristics, and self-identified race might be influenced by physical appearance, race itself is a social construct. Any attempt to use genetics to rank populations demonstrates a fundamental misunderstanding of genetics.

• The past decade has seen the emergence of strategies for assessing an individual’s genetic ancestry. Such analyses are providing increasingly accurate ways of helping to define individuals’ ancestral origins and enabling new ways to explore and discuss ancestries that move us beyond blunt definitions of self-identified race.

The American Society of Human Genetics denounced this crap in 2018.
The American Society of Human Genetics presents no scientific evidence for its assertions. Scientific truth is not proven by decree but by experiment and data. I have already posted Charles Murray's refutation of the dogma that "Race is only a social construct." He did not simply make a statement, like the American Society of Human Genetics did. He referred to a recent experiment that will be easy to reproduce.

When the Vatican decreed that the sun revolved around the earth, it was still true that the earth revolved around the sun.

"Race realist" is just a sugarcoated way of describing oneself used by racists who are too scared to call themselves what they actually are.
I do not care if anyone calls me a racist or not. When someone does I ask, "What did I say that is not true?"

Race realism consists of a number of scientific hypotheses. Most have been proven. Some will be testable in the foreseeable future.

Unfortunately, race is an issue where the more one ignores science the more enlightened one is said to be.

Last edited:
No. That is an incorrect statement. The numbers he quotes are correct, even if he should not have bothered telling you to worry only about white on white crime, as if you could be dismissed.
Negroes have a much higher violent crime rate than American White people. Negroes are less than 13% of the population yet commit most of the violent crime, including homicides. Negroes commit violent crimes at a rate six-times that of White Americans.

"Race realist" is just a sugarcoated way of describing oneself used by racists who are too scared to call themselves what they actually are.
We are people who respect facts that can be documented.

Admissions should never be engineered by racial quotas. Whites and Asians are not admitted by race. Their race is just incidental. They are admitted primarily on merit.

Social engineering by bias for someone will always result in discrimination against someone else. Ideally, merit is the priority, but certainly not race.

As expected in a majority white nation with admissions primarily based on academic merit. It's fair.

"Equity" is incompatible with American society. It's a term used by those who divide society into groups they pit against each other. Race groups are a particularly destructive form of disunity.
Interestingly, too, everything you mention is an indication of attitudes that are extremely primitive in nature rather than liberal.

The authoritarians of the left may call themselves liberal but this tribalistic favoritism goes completely against the liberal ideal of egalitarianism.

They have been denounced and debunked. Since race is a construct there are not racial genetic differences.
You do not even seem to have read the excerpt from Charles Murray's article that I presented. Facts mean nothing to you.

Denouncing someone means throwing insults at him. Denouncing is unacceptable in a scientific dispute. Debunking means disproving. Charles Murray and Professors J. Philippe Rushton and Arthur Jensen have never been disproven. The very public, very obvious, and very expensive failures of Head Start and No Child Left Behind prove their assertions.

In his 1969 essay in the Harvard Educational Review Professor Arthur Jensen said virtually nothing could be done to improve mental aptitude test scores and academic performance. The following chart proves his thesis:

schoolcost2.gif

Last edited:
How has my data been discredited? Where is there any evidence of intrinsic average equality in intelligence?

Each race has its own IQ distribution. Not necessarily the shape or form. They ALL OVERLAP. The overlap is far more substantial than what appears "in the extremes".

Tests for IQs have more variance in "ability to take TESTS" at young ages than they do predicting intelligence. Intelligence is HONED -- NOT static and innate. And nobody above the age of 16 or so regularly gets tested.

But the BIGGEST flaw in reading too much into this Race IQ racket is that if you take "sub-saharan Africans OUT OF AFRICA -- their mean IQ IMPROVES by 10 to 20 points. And it improves MOSTLY AT THE LOW END of the distribution. I dont remember where I read this, but this link compares dozens of studies on that "sub saharan" class taken in Africa and in the US and Great Britain and other places. Race Differences in Intelligence - I.Q and Human Intelligence

Note: # of samples should really be # of studies in that table of data.

This suggests that environment/education/intellectual stimulation are MORE important drivers of IQ than just genetics.

No one WINS in this argument. Because "the data" is not clean cut and the assumptions are messy to deal with. Even to the DESIGN of IQ tests.

Negroes have a much higher violent crime rate than American White people. Negroes are less than 13% of the population yet commit most of the violent crime, including homicides. Negroes commit violent crimes at a rate six-times that of White Americans.

Like most "multi-question" complex issues. THere is NO "settled science" on Race/IQ relationships.
It's an eternal process of discovering flaws in PREVIOUS assumptions and the need for better tools. There's not much VALUE in the outcome on these questions -- because it doesn't contribute VALUE to people's lives or stimulate proposals for addressing any inequities that MIGHT be found.

How about we take a break on the crime stats for ONE thread and just discuss the ACTUAL topic?

You do not even seem to have read the excerpt from Charles Murray's article that I presented. Facts mean nothing to you.

Denouncing someone means throwing insults at him. Denouncing is unacceptable in a scientific dispute. Debunking means disproving. Charles Murray and Professors J. Philippe Rushton and Arthur Jensen have never been disproven. The very public, very obvious, and very expensive failures of Head Start and No Child Left Behind prove their assertions.

In his 1969 essay in the Harvard Educational Review Professor Arthur Jensen said virtually nothing could be done to improve mental aptitude test scores and academic performance. The following chart proves his thesis:

View attachment 685708

Failure of public education affects everyone. And the COST issue is because some folks think money fixes everything. The ISSUE is classroom priorities and quality of curriculum and teachers.

So -- I can GUESS what you're insinuating here -- but your post is a description of failure of GOVT. Not of the students.

Each race has its own IQ distribution. Not necessarily the shape or form. They ALL OVERLAP. The overlap is far more substantial than what appears "in the extremes".

Tests for IQs have more variance in "ability to take TESTS" at young ages than they do predicting intelligence. Intelligence is HONED -- NOT static and innate. And nobody above the age of 16 or so regularly gets tested.

But the BIGGEST flaw in reading too much into this Race IQ racket is that if you take "sub-saharan Africans OUT OF AFRICA -- their mean IQ IMPROVES by 10 to 20 points. And it improves MOSTLY AT THE LOW END of the distribution. I dont remember where I read this, but this link compares dozens of studies on that "sub saharan" class taken in Africa and in the US and Great Britain and other places. Race Differences in Intelligence - I.Q and Human Intelligence

Note: # of samples should really be # of studies in that table of data.

This suggests that environment/education/intellectual stimulation are MORE important drivers of IQ than just genetics.

No one WINS in this argument. Because "the data" is not clean cut and the assumptions are messy to deal with. Even to the DESIGN of IQ tests.
I readily acknowledge that IQ scores overlap between the races. Once I read of a Nigerian immigrant in England who tested 162 on an IQ test. That happens, but it happens too rarely to be significant. The reason that most American Negroes have higher averages than African Negroes is because most American Negroes have some white ancestry.

One fourth of American Negroes have IQ's below 75. At that level they cannot be educated, and they are virtually unemployable.

Failure of public education affects everyone. And the COST issue is because some folks think money fixes everything. The ISSUE is classroom priorities and quality of curriculum and teachers.

So -- I can GUESS what you're insinuating here -- but your post is a description of failure of GOVT. Not of the students.
Work for several semesters as a substitute teacher in a black majority public school, and see if you still think everyone can be educated.

Forum List

Back