What is going on with the Republican party?

No. Let some of these other groups stand up in the spotlight. Remember........there have been a few times over the course of this country that a majority party has ended up becoming a minority party. Ever heard of the Whigs? As this country grows, our political system must grow and change with it.

Personally? I'd like to see a field of 10 candidates, with the winner being President and the runner up gets Vice President, no 2 party elections, let 'em all run.

Pale Rider......you saying that you're now going Independent is probably the smartest thing I've heard you say on this board EVER. Kudos, you may be growing a brain.

1). Real Standardized Elections, I.D. Required. Severe penalty for Voter Fraud. One Citizen, one Vote. No exceptions. Counts and I.D. comparison to include All ballots. Paper Trail, Digital, must convert, for verification and Validation. All Absentee Ballots need to be Certified by CPA that the actual Citizen was the person that Voted on the Ballot, or Power of Attorney.

2). Lose the Electoral College, We are not an Imperial Nation, we have the capability to accurately Poll and Count Votes. Hopefully we may yet find the desire to count True. One Standardized method in Count Validation.

3). Give the Polling Process, either 3 Days, 7 Days, 14, Days, or a Month, to Cast a ballot. All Foreign Service Ballots Must be Included. Severe Penalty for Tampering with the Delivery Process.

4). I like Your field of 10 Candidates, even 20.

5). Have a Run Off Election, to narrow the field. No Primaries, or instead of Primaries.

6). All at the same time. We need to learn to pay attention and make up our own minds, not just follow along. Severe penalties for crossing State Lines to Vote more than once. Additional charge to Voter Fraud.

7). Any Organization, convicted of Voter Tampering, will Forever Lose Tax Exempt Status ans Qualification for Government Funding. Officers of said Organizations will be fully investigated, and if determined Innocent, exonerated, if found involved, Prosecuted to the fullest extent of the Law.

8). All Money's paid out for Voter Registration will only be paid out after Validation, of New Voter, or New Address. All money's paid out for Duplicate Voter Registrations Will be refunded to The Federal Government. A Processing Fee will be included.

Losing the electoral college is a rally bad idea. The situation is skewed badly enough in favor of the more populous states already. And thats part of the problem.

Losing the electoral college is a rally bad idea. The situation is skewed badly enough in favor of the more populous states already. And thats part of the problem.

It's really not if you think about it.
First, many People currently view their vote as pointless, if they are in the minority, within their State, so they don't even vote. They stay home. In most elections the Popular and Electoral Votes aren't that far off. The change would be more unpredictable. You are endorsing a system that Rules out Millions, Tens of Millions of Votes, even in close state Elections, where The Victor currently gets credit for the whole state. 50 mini elections where the victor claims most, if not all. It's corrupted by it's own Right. Invention can produce something much more accurate to gauge what We Prefer.

Second, There is too much diversity between States regarding the Rules of how Electorates Vote. There is not Uniform Representation here.

The only difference is whether or not winner take all is in vogue.

And if the only votes that seem to matter are those in California New York Florida and maybe TExas why should the rest of us care?

GOP seeks its revival in the revolt against Obama's healthcare plan

Reporting from Washington - Conservatives are calling it their August Revolt -- a surprising upsurge of activism against President Obama's proposed healthcare overhaul.

Spurred on by the success of their efforts to dominate the news at Democratic town hall meetings, conservative groups are reporting increases in membership lists and are joining forces to plan at least one mass demonstration in Washington next month.

But the conservative mobilization has also created an unusual dilemma for Republican leaders, who want to turn the enthusiasm into election victories next year but find themselves the target of ire from many of the same activists.

Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas), chairman of the GOP's Senate campaign committee, was booed at a "tea party" rally in July for supporting the government bailout of the financial services industry.

And one of the GOP's most reliable conservatives, Rep. Bob Inglis of South Carolina, was shouted down at a recent town hall meeting when he criticized a conservative broadcaster and tried to counter claims that children would soon be forced to receive swine flu vaccinations.

"You cannot build a movement on something that is not credible," said a frustrated Inglis, referring to the vaccine issue and other false rumors being spread by more aggressive critics of the health bill.

"Going door to door, I found opposition tending toward hostility," Inglis added. "At town meetings, the hostility went straight through to hysteria."

Some GOP leaders, such as former vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin, have tapped into the unrest -- with Palin stoking fears on her Facebook page of "Obama death panels" that would result from the healthcare legislation. That claim, too, has been widely discredited.

Read the rest here.

And Dodd is behind against a generic Republican, Toomey is leading by double digits, over Mr. Switch even Reis is behind to some non entity no one ever heard of.

All I'm hearing here is a bunch of leftist goons whistling by the graveyard of their political ambitions.

The only difference is whether or not winner take all is in vogue.

And if the only votes that seem to matter are those in California New York Florida and maybe TExas why should the rest of us care?

The point is that every Vote is Supposed to count Once. I'm in NY and currently have zero voice in The Presidential Election. I am one of many. No other Election incorporates the Electoral College. Every vote should add to the True count.

The Founders would disagree, because the detested and feared democracy, the casting of the votes of all of the unwashed like you and me.

The Founders would disagree, because the detested and feared democracy, the casting of the votes of all of the unwashed like you and me.

Jake, the Only Election where Our Votes aren't counted is the Presidential Election. We are a Constitutional Republic by definition. Our Founders feared Tyranny Jake. Madison, like others, preferred that Each look to Conscience, first.

Our votes are counted. They just go towards the electors. The argument is fairly lame on its face. It's like say my vote doesn't matter if my candidate loses.

How can anyone who watched Florida in 2000 or the SnL Senate election of last year state your vote does not count?

Shut up and vote, or just shut up period... (borrowed that one from Obama...)

Our votes are counted. They just go towards the electors. The argument is fairly lame on its face. It's like say my vote doesn't matter if my candidate loses.

One reason many stay home in a Presidential Election is if they are in the minority party of their State, unless it's a close election. The argument is not lame, neither do I disrespect you with it. You think that you get more representation with the electoral college. The cities are also filled with transplants who share more traditional values. The Electoral College is not uniform, different States play by different rules. Even the balance of the Supreme Court changes. If we are so truly Noble, why so many 5/4 split decisions? Are they based on Truth and Justice, or Politics?

How can anyone who watched Florida in 2000 or the SnL Senate election of last year state your vote does not count?

Shut up and vote, or just shut up period... (borrowed that one from Obama...)

Our Elections have become International embarrassment. Each County with a different formula, different standards to validate ballots, for one. No uniformity. How about You Shut Up.

Intense doesn't understand that from 1790 through the 1830s only folks like me were generally the only ones who got to vote. The Founders like the democratic process of voting for folks like themselves, certainly not like JB or Intense or KK or minorities, etc. Intense, democracy in and of itself does not guarantee fairness; only the Bill of Rights to our Constitution does that. Only the expansion of the enfranchisement by the Constitution has done that.

The problem is not with our Constitution, it is with the electorate. Too many ignorant fools whose entire political philosophy is based on a slogan. Ignorance is the death knell for a democratic republic, and a political party.

Forum List

Back