What is going on with the Dems

You must have missed my point, I'm not talking about 3rd parties or media sources. I was talking about Obama and Biden going for the throat and not letting themselves become punching bags.

There was a fact check on all the major speeches. I don't know what was found for the democrat speeches (I am sure someone knows) but the republicans ones were found to have questionable 'facts.' I spotted some of them myself during the speeches. Example someone said Palin was mayor of a town of 10,000. not quite right.

Anyway, for the democrats to match the republicans in terms of sheer ferocity, comes with the cost of bending the truth, which is a bad idea.

The several decades of general elections I have been aware of, have been decided by a few core issues. Not, the means of attack. On this election it is the economy, and the war secondarily.

Last edited:
You must have missed my point, I'm not talking about 3rd parties or media sources. I was talking about Obama and Biden going for the throat and not letting themselves become punching bags.

Obviously you haven't heard Obama trashing McCain. They prefer to have others do the real dirty stuff tho.

Dear God in heaven.

Now I really really want the bohunk back. =sigh= oh well.

Obviously you haven't heard Obama trashing McCain. They prefer to have others do the real dirty stuff tho.

Thats weak, MCcain and Palen dont seem to mind doing it and obviously America doesnt care because they keep voting Repub's into the Whitehouse.

Thats weak, MCcain and Palen dont seem to mind doing it and obviously America doesnt care because they keep voting Repub's into the Whitehouse.

Well I think the Dems are doing just fine as far as matching if not surpassing the GOP in down and dirty good old American politics. Don't be ashamed.

“We send our congratulations to Governor Sarah Palin and her family on her designation as the republican nominee for Vice President. It is yet another encouraging sign that old barriers are falling in our politics. While we obviously have differences over how best to lead this country forward Governor Palin is an admirable person and will add a compelling new voice to this campaign,” said Senator Barack Obama and Senator Joe Biden.

This is a quote recently from Barack and Joe. I am a registered Republican that is changing party affiliation and will be voting for Obama-Biden in November but I am extremely concerned. I watch the republicans play hardball and throw us under the bus consistantly. In the recent speeches from the Republican convention you watched Giuliani and Palen throw Barack and Biden under the bus and call them out. You tell me that the above response from us above is all we have. Listen up people, things have stayed the same for years. The reason the Dems can never get into Washington is because they are not fighters and wont stand up and go toe to toe with these lying sons of *****. The Republicans get nasty in every election and we cannot sit back and let them pound us into the ground with this stuff. I have studied these parties over time and obviously sought advice from older Dems like my Dad, mom and otthers and its always the same story. People want to see a toughness in their candidate and we will lose this election if we dont step up and defend ourselves and throw a few verbal jabs of our own. Unfortunately this is what many Americans want, they may not say it but you watch Palen and Mccain get up their and not talk about one single thing that they are going to fix or how they will fix it but they are getting rave reviews because they attacked the Dems and that somehow gives people confidence. I am tired of listening to the Repub;s using Hillary Clinton in their speeches and I have never heard Hillary stand up and say ", Dont use my name in your ads" I am starting to feel like the Democratic party is a party of wimps and if we lose this will be our downfall. They Republicans have stole our motto of change and we are letting them do it. I am so frustrated with whats going on I could scream. Watching the Republican convention, I see that they basically have stole their whole campaign slogans from the Dems and there are so many ignorant people in this world that they cant see it. How stupid is it to see a guy who has been in congress for 29 years all the sudden talk about change. As Americans are we that stupid? The Dems better toughen up or they will once again lose another election because they have no intestinal fortitude.

Your right, the Democrats are notorious for blowing it when it counts. I don't think that will be a problem in this election. When the economy takes high wage earners and puts them on unemployment rolls, then things are truly bad for the economy. I have seen millionaires being evicted from their multi-million dollar homes here in Phoenix. The constable shows up and removes them from the home. It is truly a bizarre sight to behold! When the economy is so bad that even upper income people are loosing their jobs and homes, then the tide is going to turn on the sitting president's party. The Republicans are in deep trouble, for the next few years to come, unless there is an October surprise, and Bush wheels out Bin Laden. But I highly doubt that is going to happen. Obama is no chicken when it comes to hitting back in the heat of the campaign. Neither is Biden. Biden will reduce her to shreds on her foreign policy experience, and economic experience. The ancient Egyptians had it right, when they built a pyramid from the base up with a good solid base. The Republicans built the white house pyramid with marshmallows for a base, and a top heavy block-head for their leader. The republicans have a disastrous choice this year, so that means the Democrats will squeak out a win this time.:popcorn::eusa_think:

Well you're right. They are stupid, and they do screw themselves over regularly.

They're afraid to look nasty. A war vet and a woman is on the opposing ticket. They can't be nasty about the easy things so they may have to actually debate the issues.

Sadly, Obama is incapable of that.

Could it be that Obama has better things to talk about? I find it refreshing... especially if it lasts.

Just because he hasn't been attacking doesn't mean he hasn't been toughly pointing out policy differences.

-Joe

As far as why the Dems don't play hardball the way the Republicans do, maybe it's because they have too much dignity to crawl into the gutter with right-wingers. .....

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
is this the first time you've been through an election?
you're a pistol, my sides hurt from laughing
too much dig.., hahahahaha, you're killing me
good one!

Forum List

Back