What is conjunctive heart failure?

Nov 20, 2013
Hello friends,

Heart attack is the primary disease among the people. Heart failure is inability of the heart that provides sufficient blood flow to meet the need of the body.There are are certain reason is responsible for heart failure. There are smoking, exercise intolerance, high blood pressure.

Thanks a lot
Ademola Okubena

Hello friends,

Heart attack is the primary disease among the people. Heart failure is inability of the heart that provides sufficient blood flow to meet the need of the body.There are are certain reason is responsible for heart failure. There are smoking, exercise intolerance, high blood pressure.

Thanks a lot
Ademola Okubena
Tell me about it. I had one last Thursday and just got out of the hospital yesterday. I have to go back to get a tube shoved up my balls so they can take a look around.

From what I understand, your heart puts out an enzyme when it has issues. The higher the count, the worse the damage. If it gets over a certain threshold, it is considered congestive heart failure and that's very bad news.

For me, I have to make changes in my life that I've never faced before.

Everyone dies. 100%.

The most frequent single cause of death is heart disease, in one form or another. But so what? If a person dies at 93 years old of heart disease, that adds to the statistics, but it could not reasonably be said that the heart disease shortened that person's life. So take those statistics with a grain of salt.

The primary contributor to heart disease is GENETICS. On your first visit to a cardiologist, her first questions to you will be about how old your parents and siblings were when they died, and what was the cause? Do your siblings have high blood pressure or cholesterol problems. Did your mother die of a heart attack or stroke? Unless there are other significant factors (e.g., heavy smoking, obesity), your cardiological fate is pretty much determined by genetics, and is fairly predictable based on the rest of your family.

Look at it this way: If both of your parents died of heart-related stuff at age 75, then that's where you are headed if nothing else intervenes. If you eat "right," exercise, monitor your blood pressure and cholesterol, avoid smoking and excessive alcohol use, you might live to be 80 or 85. If you smoke, work in a dangerous environment that harms your heart and lungs, get fat, never exercise, etc., then you might not get the 75 years that you are "entitled to," genetically speaking.

But you can't cheat your genes.

I personally am living on borrowed time. My mother died of a stroke at 51, my brothers have all had heart attacks in their 50's (my one brother died of a brain tumor), and I'm 64 and apparently healthy. But I really don't expect to see 80. 75 would be a gift from the Gods.

Hello friends,

Thanks a lot
Ademola Okubena
Tell me about it. I had one last Thursday and just got out of the hospital yesterday. I have to go back to get a tube shoved up my balls so they can take a look around.

From what I understand, your heart puts out an enzyme when it has issues. The higher the count, the worse the damage. If it gets over a certain threshold, it is considered congestive heart failure and that's very bad news.

:eek:

you had a heart attack last week?

holy shit...... im glad you are here to post about it.

yes, it will be a lifestyle change for you now...... good luck.

Hello friends,

Thanks a lot
Ademola Okubena

there are no conjunctive heart failures, ther are congestive ones :)

Even though my chest was sore, I thought I had a bug. My head was hot and my hands and feet were cold. So I went to the hospital to get some penicillin. Next thing I know, I'm being admitted and they're telling me there might be some damage to my heart.

This fucking sucks! I have to make lifestyle changes I've never faced before and there's no other options on the table. Even then, there's no guarantee things will get better.

It's like God is saying, "Hey, remember all those party's you went to? It's now time to pay for them".

Even though my chest was sore, I thought I had a bug. My head was hot and my hands and feet were cold. So I went to the hospital to get some penicillin. Next thing I know, I'm being admitted and they're telling me there might be some damage to my heart.

This fucking sucks! I have to make lifestyle changes I've never faced before and there's no other options on the table. Even then, there's no guarantee things will get better.

It's like God is saying, "Hey, remember all those party's you went to? It's now time to pay for them".

You're doing the right thing my friend...
How old are you? if you don't mind me asking...

Hello friends,

Thanks a lot
Ademola Okubena

there are no conjunctive heart failures, ther are congestive ones :)

Thank God..I almost had to google conjunctive heart failure. Didnt know what it was.

you're doing the right thing my friend...
How old are you? If you don't mind me asking...

well, as unpleasant as it sounds ( loose weight, stop smoking, change diet and exercise) it might be a life preserver for you - in terms of preservation of the independent living.
the same risks that are associated with heart disease are also pertinent for strokes.
If you smoke - that is the first which needs to go out the window. Then the weight. All other modifications might be not even needed if those two are successful.

Good luck and good health.

well, as unpleasant as it sounds ( loose weight, stop smoking, change diet and exercise) it might be a life preserver for you - in terms of preservation of the independent living.
the same risks that are associated with heart disease are also pertinent for strokes.
If you smoke - that is the first which needs to go out the window. Then the weight. All other modifications might be not even needed if those two are successful.

I smoked weed every day from the time I was 17 till I was 37 and haven't had a joint since. I used to be the king of happy hour, now I can't even have a Mountain Dew.

Weight, diet and exercise, is what the cardiologist said I need to do, if I don't want to be back in the hospital again. What I need to do, is stop being such a baby about this and get to doing what I gotta do.

I've spent my whole life living as free and uncontrolled as I possibly could be. Hell, 90% of my posts are usually the first thing that pops into my head. Now, I got to plan everything in advance, then follow through on that plan.

And that's not my nature.

bottom line is.... you did not die. You at least have the chance to try and change your lifestyle..... :eusa_pray: and that is a very very good thing!!

Im glad you went to get checked out, im glad they caught it.......and i am glad you are still here!

i hear ya..... we all get to pay for our younger sins. (damn!)

I smoked weed every day from the time I was 17 till I was 37 and haven't had a joint since. I used to be the king of happy hour, now I can't even have a Mountain Dew.

Weight, diet and exercise, is what the cardiologist said I need to do, if I don't want to be back in the hospital again. What I need to do, is stop being such a baby about this and get to doing what I gotta do.

I've spent my whole life living as free and uncontrolled as I possibly could be. Hell, 90% of my posts are usually the first thing that pops into my head. Now, I got to plan everything in advance, then follow through on that plan.

And that's not my nature.

the point is the smoking - which means inhaling the burned fumes ( the material does not matter that much) and tars and all other "goodies" - they all are the cancer risks, not the nicotine ( It's amusing that the vast majority of people think it is nicotine which is a cancer risk substance).
And eventually you can have some alcohol, but when you are in a better shape.
Alcohol in a very small amount is actually protective. For the coronaries.
But. It can be damaging to the myocardium.

I understand your shock.
But that is not the end of the world.
Go to some nice massage spa, to enhance your spirits.
Before you get to the plan what you will do and how.

And as dull as it sounds, but you can find out something adventurous in the new style.
Try to explore pure vegetarian cooking - it does reduce the amount of calories and if you have been beer/meat and potato guy it might not be as tasty initially as you are used to, but it might bring a note of exploration of a different universe, instead of just feeling being limited in what you used to do.
Same might be pertinent to the exercise.
It does not have to be a boring gym only.
You can have long bike rides and swimming or some other water sport to learn anew ( you live in California, don't you).

Just a thought for the free spirit so you do not feel so caged ;)

Hello friends,

Thanks a lot
Ademola Okubena

Glad you are back and ok Billo :)

the point is the smoking - which means inhaling the burned fumes ( the material does not matter that much) and tars and all other "goodies" - they all are the cancer risks, not the nicotine ( It's amusing that the vast majority of people think it is nicotine which is a cancer risk substance).
And eventually you can have some alcohol, but when you are in a better shape.
Alcohol in a very small amount is actually protective. For the coronaries.
But. It can be damaging to the myocardium.

I understand your shock.
But that is not the end of the world.
Go to some nice massage spa, to enhance your spirits.
Before you get to the plan what you will do and how.

And as dull as it sounds, but you can find out something adventurous in the new style.
Try to explore pure vegetarian cooking - it does reduce the amount of calories and if you have been beer/meat and potato guy it might not be as tasty initially as you are used to, but it might bring a note of exploration of a different universe, instead of just feeling being limited in what you used to do.
Same might be pertinent to the exercise.
It does not have to be a boring gym only.
You can have long bike rides and swimming or some other water sport to learn anew ( you live in California, don't you).

Just a thought for the free spirit so you do not feel so caged ;)
I'm walking every night, now. I can't walk far. I can't even walk to my car without getting shortness of breath. If I can get into a routine, I can build on my endurance.

You're right about channeling my energy into other things.

I'm going to miss bar-hopping!

Hello friends,

Thanks a lot
Ademola Okubena

What?! I am terribly sorry to hear this Billy! I will be praying for you! You need to rest and take it easy. Do not read anything that will upset you either. Read things that are beautiful and of good report. Listen to some relaxing music should help you too. - Jeri

Forum List

Back