What is conjunctive heart failure?

well, as unpleasant as it sounds ( loose weight, stop smoking, change diet and exercise) it might be a life preserver for you - in terms of preservation of the independent living.
the same risks that are associated with heart disease are also pertinent for strokes.
If you smoke - that is the first which needs to go out the window. Then the weight. All other modifications might be not even needed if those two are successful.

Good luck and good health.
I smoked weed every day from the time I was 17 till I was 37 and haven't had a joint since. I used to be the king of happy hour, now I can't even have a Mountain Dew.

Weight, diet and exercise, is what the cardiologist said I need to do, if I don't want to be back in the hospital again. What I need to do, is stop being such a baby about this and get to doing what I gotta do.

I've spent my whole life living as free and uncontrolled as I possibly could be. Hell, 90% of my posts are usually the first thing that pops into my head. Now, I got to plan everything in advance, then follow through on that plan.

And that's not my nature.

You need a friend to help you be accountable and follow through - I will be happy to help you, Billy. It isn't that difficult once you get into the pattern of something. Your state of mind is important.. you need to think on things that are edifying, positive thoughts, not things that upset you and get you all distracted. My brother fell and hurt his back and I went down to Fla to help him and within 3 months he was walking twice a day - lost weight, he got massage therapy from a Japanese masseuse, got off all the pain killers and went totally herbal. Ask your doctor about drinking herbal teas.... get your diet down to a science - I'll help you find some good recipes if you can tell me what they are giving you for a diet now.. you should see this as a positive life change moment - I believe when you start walking and getting into a regime you are going to feel terrific! - Jeri

Hello friends,

Heart attack is the primary disease among the people. Heart failure is inability of the heart that provides sufficient blood flow to meet the need of the body.There are are certain reason is responsible for heart failure. There are smoking, exercise intolerance, high blood pressure.

Thanks a lot
Ademola Okubena

there are no conjunctive heart failures, ther are congestive ones :)

Thx Dr. Quack...

What meds do they have you taking?
Lisinopril, atenolol, Lasix and a baby aspirin.

They'll find out a lot with the procedure you're going in for, an angiogram, and that procedure is a piece of cake. Good luck.
I had one 2 years ago. They had just wheeled me into the recovery room and for a few moments, I was enjoying the anesthesiologist's drugs he had given me, when this 4 foot tall Korean nurse comes in and puts a 40 pound medicine ball and duck tapes' it to my balls! Then she says to me, "Don't move for 4 hours, or you could bleed out!"

Talk about killing a guys' buzz!

What meds do they have you taking?

They'll find out a lot with the procedure you're going in for, an angiogram, and that procedure is a piece of cake. Good luck.
I had one 2 years ago. They had just wheeled me into the recovery room and for a few moments, I was enjoying the anesthesiologist's drugs he had given me, when this 4 foot tall Korean nurse comes in and puts a 40 pound medicine ball and duck tapes' it to my balls! Then she says to me, "Don't move for 4 hours, or you could bleed out!"

Talk about killing a guys' buzz!
That is a bummer, not moving for hours. The last one I had, they went in through my wrist and put a "bracelet" on it. It was much better that way. It's a newer process and depends on the patient, I guess. Again, good luck.

Hello friends,

Heart attack is the primary disease among the people. Heart failure is inability of the heart that provides sufficient blood flow to meet the need of the body.There are are certain reason is responsible for heart failure. There are smoking, exercise intolerance, high blood pressure.

Thanks a lot
Ademola Okubena

there are no conjunctive heart failures, ther are congestive ones :)

Thx Dr. Quack...

piss off, wanker

Hello friends,

Thanks a lot
Ademola Okubena

There is no such thing as 'conjunctive' heart failure. The term is congestive heart failure.

Congestive Heart Failure Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment

keep in mind that a beta blocker can have depressive mood as a side effect.
ACE inhibitor can induce a severe cough. Both in combination can cause ortostatic hypotension ( at least at the beginning), so don't get up from the bed or a chair too quickly.
And eat a lot of potassium containing fruits - lasix can cause you becoming hypokalemic.

All of the above should not freak you out. Medications all have side effects and they interact with each other. If you see the side effects - talk to the doctor, they can change the medication to the one of the same group but a newer one, with a smaller scope of the side effects.
Read about the side effects yourself at official sites, not on wikipedia, and pay attention to what are the most often encountered ones.

well, as unpleasant as it sounds ( loose weight, stop smoking, change diet and exercise) it might be a life preserver for you - in terms of preservation of the independent living.
the same risks that are associated with heart disease are also pertinent for strokes.
If you smoke - that is the first which needs to go out the window. Then the weight. All other modifications might be not even needed if those two are successful.

Good luck and good health.
I smoked weed every day from the time I was 17 till I was 37 and haven't had a joint since. I used to be the king of happy hour, now I can't even have a Mountain Dew.

Weight, diet and exercise, is what the cardiologist said I need to do, if I don't want to be back in the hospital again. What I need to do, is stop being such a baby about this and get to doing what I gotta do.

I've spent my whole life living as free and uncontrolled as I possibly could be. Hell, 90% of my posts are usually the first thing that pops into my head. Now, I got to plan everything in advance, then follow through on that plan.

And that's not my nature.

That's going to be a hard adjustment - leave a little room in you life for the spontaneious, that way - having to plan the rest might not seem so onerous. Strolling Bones is going through something similar with her diabetes and how big a life style change it requires.

Hell - this place can still be the place for your impulsive joys :)

Forum List

Back