What Is Are Children, Learning?

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Don’t axe me.
Letter sent out from a Virginia teachers Union.
CB1A7CA1-4BB4-4850-99C3-93F2711C8BFD.jpeg

You have the right to send your kids to any school you want.

You have the right to send your kids to any school you want.
Mean while in the sane world this letter is from the teachers association. If this is any indication of those that are teaching reading, writing and arithmetic to children where exactly is someone going to send them? As an association usually encompasses at least a large part of those members involved in that profession. Not to mention the fact that most public schools attendance to a specific school normally is based on proximity to a school.

It's just so easy to cherry pick.

Homeschooling and the "Math gap".

Mean while in the sane world this letter is from the teachers association. If this is any indication of those that are teaching reading, writing and arithmetic to children where exactly is someone going to send them? As an association usually encompasses at least a large part of those members involved in that profession. Not to mention the fact that most public schools attendance to a specific school normally is based on proximity to a school.

Many of the corrections of the letter are valid and some are just picky, like the placement of commas. It's petty. The woman's children don't even go to that school. She's a homeschooler, and of the sort that made me stop defending homeschooling in the teacher's lounge.

The letter really isn't that bad. Did you actually read it? The corrections are pretty pedantic. It's just some salty parent that's apparently desperate for ammunition. I think a lot of the people on this forum don't type that well. Be careful with those stones inside your glass house.

The letter really isn't that bad. Did you actually read it? The corrections are pretty pedantic. It's just some salty parent that's apparently desperate for ammunition. I think a lot of the people on this forum don't type that well. Be careful with those stones inside your glass house.
Are for Our? No shock you don’t see a problem.

Many of the corrections of the letter are valid and some are just picky, like the placement of commas. It's petty. The woman's children don't even go to that school. She's a homeschooler, and of the sort that made me stop defending homeschooling in the teacher's lounge.
I understand that some are being picky. It really does not matter if it is a person doing home schooling or a Harvard English professor doing the correcting. The fact remains that the letter was sent out by the teachers association and as such represents that association.
If it was a letter written by one person on personal stationery that would be of no concern.
If a policeman’s union claimed that incarceration of any person for any reason should be allowed I would expect others to be wondering if the police force should be looked into.
For a teachers association to send out a letter representing itself with even half that many mistakes shows a complete lack of either understanding of what they should be teaching or a complete lack of care in what others think of them and the association

Redundant. Old news. All teachers are bad blah blah blah. Same old rebranded stuff.

Don’t axe me.
Letter sent out from a Virginia teachers Union.
View attachment 582189
While you trash the letter, you might want to rethink your thread title. Ya think that "What is it that our children are learning" would be better?

Forum List

Back