What if the NBA had single elimination playoffs?

Should the NBA use a best of one format for the playoffs?

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nate99

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2022
What if the NBA used a best of one tournament to decide it's champion...instead of a best of seven series?

I guess it wouldn't make as much money in ticket sales...but it could in theory make more in television money.

Whether it would be a good business decision or not...I'd love to see them try that....just for the heck of it.

I don't understand the 2-3-2 format of the finals. Why is it in the conference championships they play 2-2-1-1-1 but in the finals its 2-3-2?

What if the NBA used a best of one tournament to decide it's champion...instead of a best of seven series?

I guess it wouldn't make as much money in ticket sales...but it could in theory make more in television money.

Whether it would be a good business decision or not...I'd love to see them try that....just for the heck of it.
All sports but football need less games, but that cat is already out of the bag and there’s too much money to drown out what’s best for the sport/league.

I’d be on board with 3 game series in the early rounds and going to 5. I don’t know, that’s a good question

I don't understand the 2-3-2 format of the finals. Why is it in the conference championships they play 2-2-1-1-1 but in the finals its 2-3-2?
Because they did it, and just haven’t had enough flack to change it back to what it used to be.

It’s a dumb format.

The conference championships theoretically the teams may be closer to each other. East versus West in the Finals. So, traveling may be affected and longer.

i do not like the best of seven series championships and playoffs. i prefer just one game like the Super Bowl.

Forum List

Back