What if Jesus Had Been Born in 2015?

So he was born in the U.S. but his parents weren't? Anchor baby. We know how RWs feel about anchor babies.
Jesus had to be martyred. No crucifixion no story. Sort of like ghandi

Which really makes no sense. Why did God need to be sacrificed to God just so God could forgive mankind for using God's gift of free will when God knew the outcome in advance? Why not just skip the middle man and just forgive man's sins before making man in the first place?
I'm sure the answer to that question is acceptable to Christians but honestly anything that takes that much explaining must be bullshit.

An good answer shouldn't raise 200 more valid questions.

Ask too many questions eventually you'll stump even the best priest and they'll tell you, "you just gotta have faith".

Oh, one other thing. Doubt me you'll burn in hell.

Have I ever made such statements Sealy?
Independent has something to tell you

An individual's or community's prayers were totally independent of The Temple Service.
Prayer is in a different category from the various sacrifices that required being at the Temple or sending a messenger in one's stead.

Which really makes no sense. Why did God need to be sacrificed to God just so God could forgive mankind for using God's gift of free will when God knew the outcome in advance? Why not just skip the middle man and just forgive man's sins before making man in the first place?
I'm sure the answer to that question is acceptable to Christians but honestly anything that takes that much explaining must be bullshit.

Ask too many questions eventually you'll stump even the best priest and they'll tell you, "you just gotta have faith".

An individual's or community's prayers were totally independent of The Temple Service.
Prayer is in a different category from the various sacrifices that required being at the Temple or sending a messenger in one's stead.
If bluephantom disagrees could that prevent him from entering the kingdom of heaven?

I normally hate “what if” stuff as it's usually so “schlocky” (a word I leaned as a kid and have no idea where). But, this is something that definitely needs to be shared from What If Jesus Had Been Born 2,000 Years Later In The American Police State? | Zero Hedge

This is the first supposition:

Rather than traveling to Bethlehem for a census, Jesus’ parents would have been mailed a 28-page American Community Survey, a mandatory government questionnaire documenting their habits, household inhabitants, work schedule, and even how many toilets were in their home, etc. The penalty for not responding to this invasive survey would have resulted in a fine of $5,000.

Depending upon your outlook, this is either hilarious or enough to make you want to cry.

Read and enjoy – or other.

He'd have found it a lot harder to claim to be the son of God and not get locked up, he'd have found that making stuff up is actually quite acceptable, but not to invent a religion, but to become a politician.

If bluephantom disagrees could that prevent him from entering the kingdom of heaven?

Judaism has no interest in proselytizing.
There are Noachides with their 7 Commandments and Jews with their 613 Commandments.
The issue is how you are preparing your soul to face the Truth when it separates from your body.
How "comfortable" one is in the world of Truth depends on how one developed their soul to handle that "environment".
Keep in mind that our senses are limited by our physical bodies and that the concepts of Time and Space do NOT apply to the Metaphysical realm of existence.

So he was born in the U.S. but his parents weren't? Anchor baby. We know how RWs feel about anchor babies.

It makes perfect sense but you have to understand how things worked in antiquity. Prior to Jesus if one wanted to send prayers to God they had to go through the Temple. They had to bring a sacrifice (usually a lamb or a small animal). That sacrifice would be given to the Temple priests who would sacrifice it and send your prayers to God on your behalf. The only way to God, therefore, was through the Temple.

Jesus is called "the Lamb of God" because He was the sacrifice for all mankind. He was killed on the day of Passover or the Day of Preparation (depending on which gospel you read) but the point is that Jesus became the sacrifice for all mankind for eternity. Jesus was the "sacrificial animal" to allow God to hear prayers. Thus, through the sacrifice of Jesus, we do not need to go through the Temple or the Temple priests. We can go directly to God with our prayers and cut out the middle man. This was something that was not available before the crucifixion of Jesus

Your view of prayers is completely incorrect.

Forgive me for being vague. I should have been more specific..."prayers for the forgiveness of sin" had to go through the Temple.

Forum List

Back